Author Topic: The 1.05 is coming....my dream for 1.06.....  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
The 1.05 is coming....my dream for 1.06.....
« on: December 13, 2000, 01:44:00 AM »
Well Pyro, I'm sure the thing u're doing for the 1.05 are great and I am  waiting for them.
A few days ago, after a long time, I spent some moments in playing again EAW and had the opportunity   to feel again the exciting emotion that the force feedback can give to a non real pilot as me: feel the resistance of the stick at high speed, the vibrations of the stall and many other but the most important should be to feel the effects of really trimming the plane and its importance in the flight and fight.
So I ask u, for the 1.06, to concentrate all your efforts on a good force feedback support!
I know it's an hard work, but i think all the AH community will appreciate it more than new planes and will stop all the discussion around the CT.
Another suggestion is: can you give the possibility to configure the mouse scroll wheel as the elevator trim wheel so we can use it with left hand?
Thanks Pyro for all the fun you gave me in the past year! but I cannot repeat here  what my wife thinks about AH!  eheh  

Ciao  

Lucchini

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 02:26:00 AM »
Heya Luc,
my dream for 1.06 is a FW190D-9 and then a set of 1942-43 aircraft    

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 12-13-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 03:22:00 AM »
My dream is a dynamic hosting server that you could upload skins for planes, then it when people log on it auto updates them with the skin, of couse these skin files would have to be no bigger than say 10k but i think it would be cool to log into a room and see somebody fly by with their name written across the bottom of the wing span or look up in your osti and see a b-17 with "have a nice day written across the bottom" it would be a neat little addition that would let everyone give their aircraft a personality.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 10:43:00 AM »
I want these aircraft in 1.06:

Il-2M3
Spitfire F.MkXIV (Perk or not, doesn't matter to me)
Fw190D-9 with MW-50 (Perk or not, doesn't matter to me)
Mw410A
H8K2 "Emily"
Mosquito B.MkIX

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »
Waiting for force feedback here too. Nice post

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2000, 04:21:00 PM »
I lack a forcefeedback joystick, and the one I tried out at a friend's house seemed more or less to fight me rather than simulate the shudder of an aircraft stalling. Not saying it's bad, but I think we need to bomb the hell outta CH until they give us a better forcefeedback joystick!! <G>

As for trim, PLEASE make it mapable to whatever moves, spins, rotates, or can otherwise be used to act as a trim wheel. I have a SaitekX36 and the wheels on the throttle are completely useless for trim using the keymap that is used to program the joystick. It would be nice to be able to trim using those lil' wheels on the throttle!! I already have my second hat setup for rudder and elevator trim but I desperatly need a switch for my aileron trim.

What else would I like to see... better fire FX. I think it would be neato if instead of seeing tracers from 6K out, you could see the flames of a wrecked bird spewing out. Not saying they are bad as is, but after playing B17-2 it just doesn't seem the same(those flames are amazing and look like flames from cun gam footage).

What planes I'd like to see:

More Italian and Russian planes and throw in a french plane. Yes I know they would be horribly outfought by the current plane set but so would the little I-16(drool) and the american F4F3/4(I like lil' fighters). A Morane-Saulnier MS406 with a single 20mm firing through the prop hub and two 7,5mm MGs with a top speed of 302MPH.. It would be ssssoooo fun to fly I think. I have specs for the plane and could provide data for it. As for the I16, I'd like to see the Tip12 because it had two 20mm cannons or the Tip17.
For an Italian plane I'd like to see the Reggiane Re2001 Aerieta I. Maybe some of our italian friends can give me a better plane to want? I think it just looks cool and has 2 20mm cannons and a rack for a single 551 lb bomb(250-kg).
-SW

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2000, 05:04:00 PM »
AK,
we italians lack an high altitude interceptor. I'd like to see the G.55 "Centauro" (DB605A engined with 3x20mm and 2x12,7mm). But I understand we have to wait.

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2000, 07:33:00 PM »
1.06 should plug the obvious gaps in the planeset.

Fast bomber, eg: P1Y1 "Frances"
Divebomber, eg: D4Y1 "Judy"
Twin engine heavy fighter, eg: Beaufighter
Ground attack, eg: Il-2 Type 3

And it should also have plentiful variants and more ordinance for the Ju 88!  

Ju 88A-4/Torp
Ju 88C-6
Ju 88S-1
Ju 88P-2

And for the Ju 88A-4: Nose mounted 20mm, 1000kg bombs, WB-81 pods, bomb-bay fuel tanks, 900l drop tanks...  

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2000, 09:46:00 PM »
Hurricane (any variant)
Mosquito
Ju 87
Ju 188
He 111
Bf 110 (Day & Night Variant)
Hs 219
Me 262
F/W 190 D-9
Wildcat
Dauntless
B-24 Liberator

BRING BACK NIGHT!

then i will suscribe i promise!

------------------
aka Nefari...

Fighting in the air is not sport, it is scientific murder...

[This message has been edited by Nefarious (edited 12-13-2000).]
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Mattibaby80

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2000, 10:41:00 PM »
Ya know, I for one would like to hear an air raid siren if the base your at is under attack.  That would be awesome!!  

------------------
Meine schwester hat keine kartoffel salat?  Du bist eine lustige bube!!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2000, 02:45:00 AM »
Force Feedback gets my vote. Microsofts crappy Combat Flight Sim 2 is awesome just because of the Force Feedback.. *drool*

(Cmon HT, ye not gonna get outprogrammed by Microsoft are ya? I mean, thats like, low... =P)

I would like to see more clouds.

Bf110 (any)
Mosquito (any)
A-26 `Vader (`URRAH!)

And Torque flying level and in my gunsights. *g*

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2000, 03:12:00 AM »
Gatt very nice Sig the plain white looks best.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2000, 04:40:00 AM »
I'd like to see a 190F-8 or G8, to give the LW some jabo capability (that or ME-410). IL-2 for the Russkies, P-39 for the yanks, Beaufighter for the Brits and a downgraded N1K for the Japs  .

Hey, Denmark had 109's flying out of it in WWII. That makes me half a nazi, no?

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2000, 04:55:00 AM »
How about a N1K Kyofu - downgraded enough for ya?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2000, 06:20:00 AM »
I like Juzz's list, except for the twin engine heavy fighter category would go to the Me410 Hornisse.

It has so much more potential and many many more armament options.

Otherwise it looked good to me  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure