Author Topic: Ki-61  (Read 923 times)

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
Ki-61
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:03:31 PM »
Whys everyone ragging on the Hein? Its an awsome plane. The only drawback i see is that Anything will out accelerate you

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Ki-61
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »
I've been flyin it a lot lately. It's not as good as the KI84 but I like it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Ki-61
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 10:30:51 PM »
LOL its a piece of junk compared to EVERY late war bird.

its performance in the ma vs all mid war birds is marginal at best.

Don't instill in your mind anything into the 61 because your confusing your flying ability and combat exerience with the birds performance or lack of it.

it performs nothing well and everything marginal.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Ki-61
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:46:14 PM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
LOL its a piece of junk compared to EVERY late war bird.

its performance in the ma vs all mid war birds is marginal at best.

Don't instill in your mind anything into the 61 because your confusing your flying ability and combat exerience with the birds performance or lack of it.

it performs nothing well and everything marginal.

I totally disagree, its a quality bird that can handle any other plane in the set. It's better than "marginal" across the board and its actually a very capable bird as long as you watch your E state.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Ki-61
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:19:11 PM »
I think the spit out turns it easily  if you keep it fast. If the fight gets under 220 or so the spit is toast. Just an observation  from playing in the TA and DA.  I suspect if the the ki tries to slow the fight, the spit should turn e fighter (and spits are a pretty decent e fighter) Right? Wrong?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Ki-61
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:30:08 PM »
alot of planes will either out turn it out climb it or out accelerate it...in a 1 on 1 in the DA your in deep trouble vs a spitty (or a bunch of others)....unless your a better pilot. In the MA things arent quite the same...the Ki has a lot of options in attempting to manage the fight. As an example if the spit stays fast the tony can go angles...if the spit goes angles the tony can zoom it. What it has is good vis good leathality docile handling and a pretty versital FM....but you need to fly a different fight vs a nikki spitty etc...if you fly the same fight as the spitty you'll get beat plane vs plane....you need to make it a pilot vs pilot fight....the ki gives you the tools to do that vs any other plane in the set...now obviously if its levi in the spitty you can just mail it in:)...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
Ki-61
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 01:18:57 AM »
i took on olskool in a fight a few times in it. lost on fair turns. when he started behind me i kicked his arse (he was in 38) it is a very good plane. Once your speed is up. it never goes away. I.e i lost the loop fight but i loooped with him and kep it up withoput stalling for about 5 minutes then disbanded for i lost all hope and got popped and logged =) here i am now

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Re: Ki-61
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 06:53:49 AM »
Originally posted by TheThang
Whys everyone ragging on the Hein? Its an awsome plane.

Perk it! ;)

Woof

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 03:33:29 PM »
Whys everyone ragging on the Hein? Its an awsome plane. The only drawback i see is that Anything will out accelerate you

You can probably compare it to the C.202 and the bf109E in terms of performance.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 03:47:09 PM »
...Its an awsome plane....

Your definition of awesome must be different than mine.

:)

-Soda

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
Ki-61
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 03:58:44 PM »
this is coming from a guy who thinks the la7 and nikkie are Horrible planes. But thats just me.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Ki-61
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 03:59:57 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
You can probably compare it to the C.202 and the bf109E in terms of performance.  

ack-ack

Its got a much better gun package then either. The 202 is a pretty decent bird performance wise...the 109E is just a dog (IMO).

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 05:28:40 PM »

You got the wrong Ki. The 84 is awsome:aok

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Ki-61
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 06:32:22 PM »
Given a bit of warmup, and a chance to get up to speed, I'll take the Tony over the Frank thank you.  Not that I dont love flying the Ki-84, but you have to make a special effort to get it slow enough to engage flaps, and without them its edge-of-stall performace borders on abysmal.  In those few seconds the Frank is flopping around trying to get stable while on the edge of flap deployment speeds, the Ki-61 Tony is gonna be puttin 20mm holes in yer tail.  Plus, the ROF of the guns in the Frank leaves you unarmed and vulerable if you arent real careful.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Ki-61
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 09:02:35 PM »
I dont have those issues SA2. It took some getting used too but the Frank is a superb dogfighter. Hollar at me and we can do some DA testing  <>