Author Topic: My 3 week old stick spikes :(  (Read 1170 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
My 3 week old stick spikes :(
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »
Originally posted by jetb123
Cyborg doesnt allow me.

theres your problem right there jeb.

i went through 12 saitech's and logicraps, and had spikeing issued with all of them after a month.

not my trustmaster, been 7 months and still strong as hell.

but no one belives me when i tell them to go with thrustmaster, or ch and stay away from the other two.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2005, 01:02:37 PM »
Awsome Seeker! I might need a hand, not sure yet.

Hajo is trying to help me buy talking to CH directly as the pedals were ordered in the US. If it doesn't work I will contact you Seeker OK? :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2005, 05:28:35 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Awsome Seeker! I might need a hand, not sure yet.

Hajo is trying to help me buy talking to CH directly as the pedals were ordered in the US. If it doesn't work I will contact you Seeker OK? :)

Sure :)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2005, 08:59:15 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
theres your problem right there jeb.

i went through 12 saitech's and logicraps, and had spikeing issued with all of them after a month.

not my trustmaster, been 7 months and still strong as hell.

but no one belives me when i tell them to go with thrustmaster, or ch and stay away from the other two.
So are you saying only reason my stick is spiking due to this programm installed?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2005, 09:45:37 PM »
Originally posted by SarinGas
Thats why I dont buy ch and siatek products anymore. I have a MS Precision 2 usb joystick that I have been using for 5 years and its still working fine. I have a backup that I got off ebay for 20 bucks. The one Im using now has shims in it to reduce the slack arround the center. The ms sticks are simple to work on and I couldnt have been happier with mine.

Where did you put the shims?  I'm having the same problem with mine and I managed to tighten it up (remove the slack around the center) somewhat, but it's still got slack.

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2005, 01:25:19 AM »
Re: Saringas shims?
On my MS Sidewinder Precision 2 USB stick I removed the small black rubber feet from the base then removed the screws that hold down the metal plate to the base. I then removed the screws that hold the large square black plastic retaining cap and shaft. There is a small gray retaining cap that you will have to remove which just pulls off the shaft to gain access to the x and y axis shafts which are attached to the potentiometers and springs. The shim which will have to be made from a thin piece of plastic (about a .015 to .031 thick) will go between the shaft and the side of the retainer case. A plastic milk jug is about the perfect thickness. Depending on the ammount of play in your stick you may need to shim both sides. Youll need to cut the plastic shims and experiment with size to get them to fit. I cut a V groove in one end so that it stay put on the shaft and keeps it aligned. If you need more info feel free to email me and Ill help. Also I will try to get my hands on my friends digital camera and maybe take some pics fo those of you who are interested in this fix which works great! Also make sure to recalibrate your stick in windows and in game after the fix. I dont take any liability for damages you may do to your stick while trying this fix. Another note as well.. you'll need to clean out the existing grease and need to regrease the ball and socket with some white "NON PETROLEM" based grease after you do mod.
my email is dalosiman@msn.com
Hope this helps.  

quote::D

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2005, 04:16:08 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123
So are you saying only reason my stick is spiking due to this programm installed?

no im saying send it back if you can, there should be a warrenty on it, and try to get a new one. not refurbished.