Author Topic: 2.04 crashing constantly  (Read 492 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« on: July 20, 2005, 07:35:20 PM »
Before 2.04 I've NEVER crashed AH2.. I mean NEVER. It has run as stable as a studebaker. However after installing 2.04 today it has been crashing every time I play it. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes a few minutes. One time I lost control and nosed into the ground, and it crashed me to desktop. One time I joined an HTH server, double clicked the field I wanted to move to, and it crashed me to desktop. I've gotten about 5 crashes to desktop, which is more than the 0 (zero) crashed I've had in all of AH's 5-or-so-year history.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 12:58:47 PM »
This is happening to me too. Every time I try to launch the Ostwind, P47N Or D40, boom crash no game.

What is going on? The other remodelled planes work fine.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »
try deleteing the cach files  and see if it crashes then or just delete the res files for the ones causing the crash
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »
Tried it and still those planes cause the crash! Why just those planes I realy don't get it. Hitech help

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »
Tried re installing drivers for video card, running lower resolution, running smaller texture sizes. Nothing works. Getting realy ticked off. Whats the point in new planes etc if they just going to make the game crash. Would someone please give me some advice before I jack in my subscription.

Using an Nvidia Geforce2 card. Driver 5.6.7.3

2.13Ghz AMD athlon

736MB of RAM

What is going on why only the Osti, P47N, P47D40 Cause this. Why only these three. Everything else works fine. Surely if it was a computer problem the crashes would be caused by all the updated planes.

Help!!!

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 07:17:32 PM »
Here too but started with last patch before new one. Will play for hours or 15 mins then go to twr click rwy poof CTD dosent matter what plane or GV... ????? Never had a CTD before like this. :confused:
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 09:38:36 PM »
ok cleared cache again worked for 1 sortie went to relaunch poof CTD this is getting very annoying Im about to shut it down for 2 weeks until TOD comes out :rolleyes:
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Klum25th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
      • http://www.75thrazgriz.bravehost.com
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 10:09:28 PM »
Mabye try reinstalling the patch. Did anyof u guys go to your desktop after u downloaded the patch and started AH the first time with the new patch and uploaded all the textures, planes, and cache files. Cuz if you did that might have been the problem. It said on the thing like Dont go to desktop while loading cache files or some files may crash game or be corupted.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »
Nope followed the instructions to the letter. Still doing it. I can only assume there is a problem with the game! What else is going to caue it. Most annoying it is only the P47 later versions. What has been done to those two? Hitech any chamnce of a response? I'm sure you might be able to solve this?

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 02:18:45 AM »
Ok just looked in Cache after downloading game for second time and no 47N or D files plus no Osti files!

Where did they go? Downloaded game from site no other messing about. Not down loading those files. Any ideas? Didn't minimise while building cache nothing. Anyone else missing files?

Is this causing the crash?

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 06:04:24 AM »
Problem solved . Deleted everything on hard drive from Hitech, Re installed game from scratch. Everything working. Rant over.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 09:35:09 AM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
Problem solved . Deleted everything on hard drive from Hitech, Re installed game from scratch. Everything working. Rant over.

Good news Sky. No worries about the rant. Ranting here surely prevented you from taking a sledge hammer to your PC.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
2.04 crashing constantly
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »
Unfortunately his ranting here causes others to want to take a sledgehammer to his PC.  

:D