Author Topic: Eny Limit broken?  (Read 714 times)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Eny Limit broken?
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:35:58 PM »
When the ENY limiter was first implemented it seemed to have worked very well. I really am not sure why it is not now. Has the way it works changed since its first implementation?

Also, one thing that seems not accounted for in the ENY limit is GVs. When on a map with a GV furball area it creates an even greater gap in numbers. I would suggest that half of all players on the seriously outnumbered side will be in tank town. For some this is fun, but for me and as other threads have indicated it isnt fun anymore.

If GVs up counted as .5 towards a countrys total #s maybe this could help. TT usally has no strategic significance so why should these be counted towards a countrys total? I have seen no less than 50 tanks vulching a single spawn fighting for the kill like a bunch of sharks in a feeding frenzy. All this while being rolled on both sides.

The options have all been covered before, log off, up from bases further back blah blah blah. We have heard them all. Yes it does cycle and all sides see this. Yes all sides complain just as I am now. I dont want to become part of the problem (Log off, switch to the side with #s). I would like to see it fixed so that NO side ever has to deal with this.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline AWRaid

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
      • Semper Fi
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:08:03 AM »
I say abolish the 3 side thing anyway. I've hated it since Air Warrior. The team with the least amount of people usually gets attacked by both sides.

As far as balancing the sides, I dunno.

I'd like to see more planes perked, maybe not all that high but have at least some cost so they cannot be used as suicide porkers or gimp-mobiles. P47N definately needs some perkage, La7 and P51D could use a slight perk too, La7 especially...it's too fast, too agile. I know this topic has been discussed a billion times sooooooooo....

Back to side balance... only thing I can think of is have sides locked at a percent difference. Maybe auto switch people and put them in a queue to join their normal team... when they're able they'd get a msg and would be able to rejoin.

Lock people into place at the beginning of a campaign and don't allow switching sides at all til next? This may would work and would also either promote team play or cause ppl to not log on. I think it'd keep the sides more balanced though because many ppl join the side who is winning or has most people.

Last thing I can come up with off the top of my head is... DRASTICLY LOWER and remove the perk coasts on the lowest numbered team. If 262s were 5 - 10 perk points and people started getting owned by them... they'd either leave or join the weaker team.
-Raid

<S> SDShill <S>

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:02:55 AM »
What's ENY stand for, anyway?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:31:43 AM »
Nuts!

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 04:37:07 PM »
Or if #'s are that bad.... keep the squads locked, but throw non squaded players into a pool so if the numbers need to be evened out, they just fly different sides....   There are lots of people who just wanna fly and dont care what side they are on.

At least it would make the numbers somewhat managable

Offline me62

• Zinc Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 11:28:44 PM »
Raid, I can't see HITEC telling a paying customer that
he can't fly right now because his team out-numbers one of the
others by X number of players.  I guess if somebody wanted to
fly bad enough, they could switch to the low numbered side.  I
would most likely log off and go do something else.  And if it were
to happen more than a couple of times in a given month, I would
be on the phone to HITEC, telling them to forget my credit card
number.

I don't know how often the players switch sides here, as for me
I hav'nt switched sides since my 2 week free trial was over, that
is about 3 years now.

As for reducing the perk point cost for the low team, if they are
getting ran over by the horde, having free access to 262's
tempests and 152's won't help a bit, there very few people in
the game that can use those aircraft effectivly.  And it can't be
learned in one or two nights.

Mike

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 12:05:10 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Nuts!

:aok

But they will neither get it, or follow the example.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 03:20:29 AM »
Side imbalance has an element of feedback to it, which would make it unstable:  if a side has fewer people and is doing badly thereby, I suspect more people will leave it than will switch into it.

To counteract that (and more), you need some feedback loop in the other direction.  As mentioned already, forcably switching people won't work -- the customer base would get upset, I suspect -- but making more resources available or better planes could probably work.  You'd have to have something where the side with fewest people somehow gets access to better planes.

Giving the side with lowest numbers free Me 262's, Me 163's, Tempests, etc. (up to some number flying at any one time) could help.  Maybe HTC could put the Bearcat and Tigercat into the game, and only the side with the smallest number of people gets a crack at them.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
ENY Broken?
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 04:24:22 AM »
Nope.

Just learn to fly a Corsair.

Eny is no problem.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline damnname

• Zinc Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 04:34:56 AM »
Ok we all suck it's time to go home!!!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 11:36:21 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke

Giving the side with lowest numbers free Me 262's, Me 163's, Tempests, etc. (up to some number flying at any one time) could help.  Maybe HTC could put the Bearcat and Tigercat into the game, and only the side with the smallest number of people gets a crack at them.

That's pretty much what happens...  Heck, a 20 point Tempest is a very good thing.

The real problem with the side inbalances is that no matter how much of an advantage or a disadvantage a side has, the strat guys rarely have a clue between them.  It's just for the country with the disadvantage, this becomes vastly more apparent.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 02:47:30 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
That's pretty much what happens...  Heck, a 20 point Tempest is a very good thing.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the main arena workings with regard to ENY, perk points, and so on.  So it is true already that the side with lowest numbers gets almost free Me 163's, Me 262's, and Tempests?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 08:33:28 PM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
When the ENY limiter was first implemented it seemed to have worked very well. I really am not sure why it is not now. Has the way it works changed since its first implementation?

Also, one thing that seems not accounted for in the ENY limit is GVs. When on a map with a GV furball area it creates an even greater gap in numbers. I would suggest that half of all players on the seriously outnumbered side will be in tank town. For some this is fun, but for me and as other threads have indicated it isnt fun anymore.

If GVs up counted as .5 towards a countrys total #s maybe this could help. TT usally has no strategic significance so why should these be counted towards a countrys total? I have seen no less than 50 tanks vulching a single spawn fighting for the kill like a bunch of sharks in a feeding frenzy. All this while being rolled on both sides.

The options have all been covered before, log off, up from bases further back blah blah blah. We have heard them all. Yes it does cycle and all sides see this. Yes all sides complain just as I am now. I dont want to become part of the problem (Log off, switch to the side with #s). I would like to see it fixed so that NO side ever has to deal with this.

It works, unfortunately I fly the Hurry 2 C, A-8, P38G or J.  As you can see the ENY limiter is effective however, some are unaffected by it.

I'm a rook btw.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 08:43:19 PM »
Originally posted by Brooke
I'm not very knowledgeable about the main arena workings with regard to ENY, perk points, and so on.  So it is true already that the side with lowest numbers gets almost free Me 163's, Me 262's, and Tempests?

No, but the price goes way down when the imbalance is large.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Eny Limit broken?
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 10:49:20 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
It works, unfortunately I fly the Hurry 2 C, A-8, P38G or J.  As you can see the ENY limiter is effective however, some are unaffected by it.

I'm a rook btw.

Karaya

Your post only emphasises how broken it is, I submit exibit A as further proof of the ENY limiter as broken...

And as luck would have it...Karaya on text :)

Edit:
Oops, Trying to use a new host for pics, one with higher resolution. Here is exhibit A as a link until I figure out the host.

Exhibit A
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 11:19:02 PM by kevykev56 »
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron