Author Topic: WW2OL Update please?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
My lack of support might contribute to kill it. I hope so. Let that be a lesson to anyone else that rips me off for $40.

A quick death for WWIIOL will save many people more money grief.

They tried, they failed, oh well.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
Those are certainly valid reasons, so long as you do not want that type of game.  I do, and it works for me right now, even though it is not anywhere near what it could be.

You see, guys, just like when AH started, even though I was fully enmeshed in WBs, and didn't particularly like AH(Still don't), I did contribute my money to support them.

I did so until was clear that this game would never evolve into what I wanted.  I will do the same with CRS.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »
Gadfly,

The main difference between WW2OL and AH is that with one you can get a feel for the game before deciding to spend your money on it.  HTC does not make any money until they sell you on a game.

This differs greatly from promising how awesome will be on a box with a pricetag and delivering something completely different inside.

HTC is earning their money as they go, paying their own way through.  The other group had corperate backing paying their salary and ended up wanting to have something to show for it.  I like HTC's buisness strategy much better.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »
I have 1.2 Athlon, 1GB SDRAM, Geforce 2 GTS and have tried 1.25. Flying part of the game still sucks. Ground war is a lot of fun.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Wutz

• Copper Member
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
Well I dont think anyone have answerd this. The Rank system is now opperativ. Also there is a page on ww2online links that gives ya some great tips on how too improve your system for playing ww2online. Still a beta though released before it should, by some money grabing dirty Je**. But I have great expectations too this game.  :D in a year or so  :(  fix all the bugs  :confused:   :confused:   :confused: No clue.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
WW2OL Update please?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
I agree, AKdeja, HTC has a much better business model and plan.  Kind of like your relatives, though, you can't pick who you want to design the game, you just have to go with what is offered(or not).