Author Topic: Picture this....  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Picture this....
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
Whether it's officially acceptible or not, I think people are going to do racial profiling - in their heads, anyway. I think people are wired that way... its a survival thing.

Face it, if an albino hits you up-side the head with a 2x4 with any frequency, pretty soon you are going to be profiling albinos, even if you know that individual albinos may not be guilty.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Picture this....
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
Clearly there needs to be a 5 day waiting period on 2X4's,course only those under 3' in length  :)!!  And shame on you for profiling albino's carrying 2X4's of any length!!!  You will be labeled a bigot!!!

Besides if you get hit by an albino with a 2X4 it is your own fault.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Picture this....
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by hblair:
White males bomb things. With the anti-federal government militia movement of the mid-nineties, your white male would be a suspect, and the feds picked up on McVeigh a couple days after the crime, so apparently their profiling (if they used any) was spot on.

Anyone can bomb things.  Anyone can commit a crime.  That is my point.  McVeigh was arrested the day of the bombing because he was driving a car with no plates and had prior warrants, not because of profiling.

If the investigators had simply gone with the "middle-eastern terrorist" profile, they would not have had the evidence needed to arrest McVeigh before he was released from jail days later.

On a side note:  Of the two suspects that were first pictured, I would arrest the one flipping me off.   :D

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Picture this....
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Problem is they both would.  Ok,ok I get it heheeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Picture this....
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992:
Anyone can bomb things.  Anyone can commit a crime.  That is my point.  

Anyone can commit a crime to be sure, but some groups of people are more likely to commit certain crimes than others. it is a fact. Middle Eastern men are more likely to hijack a plane. I can't recall any other a group ever hijacking a plane (that's how rare it must be). You're a fool if you don't use statistics to aid you in an investigation. It's not an "equal rights" topic, it's about getting the bad guys in custody.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Picture this....
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
It's obvious that Creamo did it just so he could hijack your thread...

Hmmm...
Creamo... hijack... kind of the "anti social type"... lots of flight sim experience...
Hmmm...

Makes ya think...

eskimo

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Picture this....
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
Lets get past the black and white and move towards the grey:

I bought a car... it was red.  Anyone know what the first thing everyone says to me when they see my new car?  Can anyone tell my why this is accepted?

AKDejaVu

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Picture this....
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Eskimo!!

You are right!!!

Please someone there in USA... call the FBI, Creamo is public enemy #2!!!

AKDJ, please, I cannot imagine what they say about your red car....

Only things I can guess is....

A) "it's a Ferrari?"

B) "You are a commie?"

Wich one?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Picture this....
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Must be a US thing Naso.  Though... I'd be suprised that someone from Italy would have to ask "Is that a Ferrari" ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Picture this....
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:

Anyone can commit a crime to be sure, but some groups of people are more likely to commit certain crimes than others. it is a fact. Middle Eastern men are more likely to hijack a plane. I can't recall any other a group ever hijacking a plane (that's how rare it must be). You're a fool if you don't use statistics to aid you in an investigation. It's not an "equal rights" topic, it's about getting the bad guys in custody.

Your statistics may be correct, but what you described is racial profiling.  It's discriminatory in the eyes of the courts.

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
Picture this....
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
I think the black chick (on the left) bought the spray paint for her boyfriend (on the right) and he did the actual squirting.  :D
If I'm right do "I" win?
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Picture this....
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
Hey, I just thought of something. I have been a victim of racial profiling. Listen to this story and tell me what you think...

About 8 years ago, my wife and I took a trip up to Ft. Payne, Alabama, just driving around the countryside looking at the fall foliage as I recall. We happened upon a state trooper roadblock. I pulled up, gave the trooper my license, he then told me to pull over to the shoulder in a very rude way. There were about 4 other cars on the side of the road, all containing white guys. There were black people being motioned through without even checking their license, which I thought was strange(I didn't know what the problem was, thought maybe I had been stopped for speeding). One of the troopers comes to the car, asks my wife and I what we were doing, where we had been, etc. etc. He told me to get out of the truck and empty my pockets. After about 45 minutes, the officer told us we could go, they had found the suspect on the other side of town, there had been an altercation at a klan rally (klan rallys down south now consist of about 5-10 goofs in bedsheets surrounded by a 100 blacks) up the road, and a couple of black guys had been roughed up.

As sson as he explained what was going on, I was ok with it. I actually told him I understood, no big deal, and that I was glad they caught the jerk.

I had forgot all about this, but thinking about it, I guess it would be a case of racial profiling wouldn't it? I didn't feel like my rights were trampled, just happy the bad guy was caught.

Am I a victim?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Picture this....
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
No hblair, you weren't.  The difference is that you were being investigated for a crime that had already been commited.  It seems that people want to 'investigate' americans of middle-eastern decent, before there is an actual crime.  

If someone else can explain what I'm trying to say here, go ahead, I'm not always the best with words.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Picture this....
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn:
No hblair, you weren't.  The difference is that you were being investigated for a crime that had already been commited.

I thought this is what we're talking about. The investigation of crimes already committed. The investigation of Sept 11ths crimes come to mind, ya know?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Picture this....
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2001, 04:29:00 PM »
Thrawn, no one ever said the crimes committed on Tuesday Sept 11th are over either.

Now it's a matter of stopping more before they begin, and to do this we have to find the guilty amongst the innocent.

It isn't a matter of racism or bigotry, it's a matter of already knowing where the guilty come from- now we just have to search them out and find them.

You certainly won't find a middle eastern terrorist amongst a group of white suburbanites that wouldn't know how to load a bullet in a 6-shooter if their life depended on it. Same goes for an african american, either from the ghetto or from suburbia or where ever...

When you are lost driving down a road, but you know the general area you need to be in- do you drive down every street trying to find a road you are familiar with? What if it had a bright yellow reflective "dead end" sign at the entry point?
-SW