Author Topic: Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer test  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer test
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2001, 02:24:00 AM »
hmm i know its an multiplayer test but i constantly have connect problems with RtCW, the Netcode is horrible.
The Sound is poor compared to DoD (germans speak english *g*). The Flamethrower and the Sniperrifle are damn good tho. The Weapons Modells reminds me a bit of Quake weapons  ;) DoD still have the most realistic modelled IMHO.
But like Dowding said, it doesn't beat DoD's gameplay. I hope they build in a Flamethrower in DoD v2.0.  :D
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2001, 04:30:00 AM »
I agree GhostFT. The whole game is 'stylised' - but I liked that.

I hope DoD has a sniper rifle like the one in this game (or Deus Ex) - the current sniper rifle is ridiculously easy to use. And the flame thrower would be appreciated.  :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
I tried it out, and had a hell of a ball playing it, but it is way too arcady for me to actually spend money on it.

I prefer and think that the weapons/damage model of a game like Rainbow6/Rogue Spear is much more realistic.

With the weapons the way they are, and the very high movement rates (especially laterally) I find that the standard combat tactics are the Doomish strafe and move sideways in a circle around your opponent really fast, hoping that you have a superior computer system and you are the low ping bastard.

I see alot of strange combats/deaths with some really obvious lag effects which takes alot of the fun out of it for me.

The game looks great, I think the map is outstanding (love to see the others), and I've definitely had fun playing it. But the arcade "cheese factor" is just too high for me to spend my money on it.

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: Vermillion ]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Dammit... I played Wolfenstien back in 93 when I had my BBS up and running.  It was such a horribly addictive game.  I knew it would set the standard for a whole new type of gaming.

Now, the new release seems to be doing it all over again.  I hate that I am stuck here at work while you dweebs are discussing the game's virtues.  A plague of FDBs on you all!

AKDejaVu

My BBS is stil going strong   :)  No more dialups/modems to deal with.  Its all web/telnet/nntp and such now.  Pop by sometime.