Author Topic: 2006 Mustang GT Bullitt edition  (Read 532 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
2006 Mustang GT Bullitt edition
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 06:42:23 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
I think Ford did an awesome job with the new Mustang. They did a very nice job of being retro while being new.  Especially after seeing GM and Chrysler continually resurrect proud, bold names for some damn hideous four door commuter sleds, rice burner wannabees buried in mountain of plastic add ons and some laughable, tequila inspired pick'em up trucks.

The big question is will Dodge, sponsored by Geritol, get thier ugly, four door"middle aged-man" sedan reincarnated under the name of "Charger" out in time for a "Seniors" reunion race?

I'd like to retract my criticism of the 'Stang "Bullitt Bling" edition so I can use it to flame this horrible looking pile of ass.  It's fractally ugly.  You can break it up into small portions, and each portion is just as ugly as the whole.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 06:55:19 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline Callisto

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 06:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
I wished the '06 mustang's engine could have been a bit more quiet and sophisticated like Honda's  VTECH. The current mustang engine sound it makes during idle is a throwback from the 60s guzzler (lol)

Its a muscle car..
Its suppose to sound like that. Tons of money goes into making the stang sound as it sounds..
If you like quiet ride to ride look into Hondas. Or you want sophistication/refinement get a BMW or Benz.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 08:06:06 PM »
Frenchy, I was seriously considering this car (still am, but currently I'm "in my senses")  Even got the green light from the wife....however...I started to consider the insurance. A good friend in the insurance industry estimated the insurance at about $200 month for preferred, no accidents, no tickets- driver. Then I realized how un-practical it would be.

Maybe I'll NOT come to my senses next year when its introduced.

Edit: Sorry, I was speaking of the Shelby GT500 version, not the Bullitt...but I don't suppose the insurance would be much different. Hell, its $1000 a year just for the 05' V6 Mustang (non-GT) for my wife who's 40, perfect driving record, direct-insurance.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:08:08 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 08:24:07 PM »
That Bullitt 'stang looks pretty sweet.  Funked, you are super gay!  When I see you in SF in a couple of weeks, I'm gonna kick your bellybutton Mr. Black style!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 08:28:52 PM »
http://www.formel-1-paradies.de/out/oxbaseshop/html/0/dyn_images/1/aa72811_fordmustang_p1.jpg

Funked, you are right about the Charger, but the stang is sweetness and light.  It is also a basic peice of shiny bauble crap, interior wise, but it is fun to drive.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 09:11:17 PM »
Originally posted by Callisto
Its a muscle car..
Its suppose to sound like that. Tons of money goes into making the stang sound as it sounds..
If you like quiet ride to ride look into Hondas. Or you want sophistication/refinement get a BMW or Benz.

You're exactly right. They spent lots of bucks getting the V6 and V8 05' stangs to sound like the old ones. The V6 (210 HP, 240 lbs. torque) sounds JUST like the 289 and 302 Boss engine at the exhaust...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 09:13:12 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
http://www.formel-1-paradies.de/out/oxbaseshop/html/0/dyn_images/1/aa72811_fordmustang_p1.jpg

Funked, you are right about the Charger, but the stang is sweetness and light.  It is also a basic peice of shiny bauble crap, interior wise, but it is fun to drive.

An interior upgrade would have put it out of reach of the younger customer base. It was a business decision to sell more, to a wider age group.  They start at $19500.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: 2006 Mustang GT Bullitt edition
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
I eard about it, but all I could find on the web was this neat fanboy-fantasy rendition. Any1 knows better?

Um.  The Bullitt version will NOT be released until 2008, which is, coincidentally the 40th Anniversary of the movie.  

Karaya

PS - I'll probably get it.  I wanted the last one.  I'm gonna get this though.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 10:49:43 PM »
Originally posted by Callisto
Its a muscle car..

But... seeing unburned gas pouring out of the exhaust and the smell of lead fuel is gone now right?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:52:51 PM by 1K3 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 08:27:18 AM »
sheesh... the car looks neat and outperforms the old muscle cars...

door handles, mirrors and bumpers should be chrome like god intended.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 08:28:33 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sheesh... the car looks neat and outperforms the old muscle cars...

door handles, mirrors and bumpers should be chrome like god intended.

lazs

Alot of these young bucks call that "Bling". We called it "Far out!" in our day and age, Lazs. :)

Offline Callisto

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 09:15:31 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
But... seeing unburned gas pouring out of the exhaust and the smell of lead fuel is gone now right?

Heh..

Its not unburned gas.. its water.

No fuel smell either..

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »
That's what I am talking about.  I despise a bumper that has to be repainted if you tap a riceburner.  Chrome is hard as well as shiny, and belongs front and rear of all cars.