Author Topic: Senator Clinton?  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2001, 12:59:00 AM »
Hillary Who?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
The terrorists don't care if they kill liberals or conservatives.  They want to and did kill Americans.... oh and Japanese, and Germans, and from 50 or so other countries doing business in America.  There will be huge dissent; that doesn't mean it is unpatriotic.  There was huge dissent in WWII, even right after Pearl Harbor.  There was huge dissent in Korea, and Vietnam and the Gulf War, and Panama.  A lack of the ability to dissent brings you Stalin.  A lack of voiced dissent brings you Joseph McCarthy.  There will always be dissent and that is what makes this country.  I think it was Lincoln who was distrustful of unanimous votes in his cabinet and said something to the effect that a even a lone voice speaking dissent is vital to this republic.

Agree, Dissent. Whatever.  But keep up the dialogue.  That's the AMERICAN way.

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Syzygy ]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2001, 07:26:00 PM »
Just for the heck of it. Look up how many pieces of civil rights legislation Nixon signed.  Then compare that with How many Clinton signed into law.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
I'm assuming that Clinton signed more... Although I voted for Clinton (twice), I think it would be hilarious if tricky-Dick signed more.
sand

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2001, 08:38:00 PM »
I am near positive that Nixon signed more, but then he was President at a time when there was more to be signed.  That kind of invalidates the logic.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »
Folks:
I'm pretty durn left politically.  I don't like Mayor Giuliani's policies; in fact I find him a bit of a fascist.  But frankly, the guy's such a good general that in this emergency, Pataki and the senators have proven superfluous.  Giuliani's kick bellybutton and earned the respect not only of Americans, but of citizens the world round.  New York State's political representatives really don't have much to add.
I wish I could say the same thing about our CIC.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
I am quoting from memory so feel free to correct me.

Nixon. 74 pieces of legislation

Clinton.  2 pieces.

"I am near positive that Nixon signed more, but then he was President at a time when there was more to be signed. That kind of invalidates the logic."

If you think civil rights groups did not ask for more legislation (a lot more) during the Clinton years. You did not read a news paper.

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: easymo ]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
Sandman, I thank my lucky stars yer here.. yer makin me think, and laugh, and feel like a human being again.

Although I voted for Clinton (twice), I think it would be hilarious if tricky-Dick signed more.

And it is hilarious!

Oh, btw; I voted fer him too.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
Clinton meant to get around to signing more civil rights legislation, but he ran out of pens signing pardons.

AKDejaVu
Bad joke.. I know

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2001, 06:27:00 AM »
Well... here's another, DJV...

Maybe he wanted to sign them but he couldn't get Monica's bellybutton off the desk?

Yeah... it's bad... I know.
sand