Author Topic: Tmavomodry svet  (Read 435 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tmavomodry svet
« on: June 23, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
From "Dark Blue World".
 http://tms2.wo.cz/film/pocitacove_triky/IMAGES/fotokulomet/fotokulomet.mpeg

The clip shows how they made the guncam tapes look realistic. Interesting.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Tmavomodry svet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2001, 04:44:00 PM »
Privet Boroda!

This is from that Czech film on the Czech pilots that flew in the BoB, right?  The trailer I saw looked fantastic.  When will Russia come out with a similar film on the Great Patriotic War?   :)
ingame: Raz

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Tmavomodry svet
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
awesome!! i posted a while back the trailer for "dark blue world"...i hope it makes it to the states? or DVD so i can buy it!!

anyone know if it is available some how some where??

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tmavomodry svet
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
Leonid, I highly recommend you to see "Khroniki pikiruyuschego bombardirovschika" ("Dive-bomber Chronicles") or "Torpedonostsy" ("Torpedo-bombers"). The first one features real Pe-2s, and the second has IL-4s and other ACs.

The problem is that Soviet cinema aimed not on Hollywood-style special effects, but on the human relations and problems...  The best Soviet movie about WWII aviation is still "V boy idut odni stariki" ("only old buddies go to combat"). It's a b/w movie with Yak-18s as La-5s, and Czech "Zlins" as 109s, but it's the most impressive film about people doing their combat job...

After a great disappointment (Pearl-Harbour) - I really want to see "Dark-Blue World". I think that European movies are very much different from American popular cinema, and expect this film to be interesting not only because of the special effects.

I hope to get this movie in a few weeks after it will be released on tape in Czech Republic. I have friends in Praha, and I hope to get a copy ASAP. Finaly Czech is not very different from Russian and I hope I can understand something  :)

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
Tmavomodry svet
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
When will Russia come out with a similar film on the Great Patriotic War?
There were quite a few remarkable movies made about it - shame they're totally unknown in the West.

When SPR came out I just thought it was a very good movie and everyone around was jumping up and down like they'd never seen anything like it. Then I realised - they hadn't ;).