Author Topic: Combating Christianity  (Read 2040 times)

Sandman_SBM

Combating Christianity
« on: March 28, 2001, 10:43:00 PM »

funked

Combating Christianity
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
Wow.  That guy is a bigot of the lowest order.

Sandman_SBM

Combating Christianity
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
Bigot? I thought that term applied to misogynists, homophobes and rascists...

If you're anti-christian, you're a bigot?

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs
The SBM's are hiring!

funked

Combating Christianity
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
I apply it to people who spread negative false stereotypes about large groups of people.

Racial or gender or sexual-preference persecution are bad but religious persecution is OK?

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-28-2001).]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
Sandman I do hope your kidding? Im no big christian and not particulary religious, and I dont go to church but im pretty damn sick of that aspect of my general cultural hertige being bashed these days by all sorts of new-age smart tulips who think its cool to bash christianity. Ill bet these same salamanders dont think its cool if somebody goes after the Buddist religin or the Moslem religion.  Christianity is just that another religion that brings spiritual fulfliment and hope to its followers, nothing more nothing less.
With additudes like that it little wonder that desecrations of Christian and Catholic Churches get almost no mention in the press. Its as if  large numbers of people think its ok to after that religius group. Its sad and you should be ashmed for supporting it. Get yourself educated sandman stop being so ignorant.

BTW, The guy who wrote the site is a pos biggot.

funked

Combating Christianity
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2001, 11:33:00 PM »
Grunherz, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2001, 11:34:00 PM »
Obviously they don't apply to all Christians, but they do apply to the obnoxious Christians, the ones who meddle in the affairs of non-Christians.

You actually read it guys?  

You'd also have seen the use of "fundamentalist Christian" several times. Not yer average Christian, I'd say.

He even provides some backup for what he is saying, such as pointing out factual errors and inconsistencies that make taking the bible literally quite hard.

OTOH, he IS quite infammatory, and on purpose  .

But, even so, he does say some things that are true and verifiable.

he is a fellow StSantaist by heart, I can tell you that. Am working hard to wrest control of this world, and people like this are my stormtroopers. Soon, all shall be mine. All.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

funked

Combating Christianity
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2001, 11:38:00 PM »
Sorry Santa, his disclaimer is vague and unconvincing.  If I wrote a thousand word essay on "Why Black People Suck" and then put at the end "This only applies to obnoxious black people," can you imagine the response?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2001, 11:44:00 PM »
Santa alot of sterotypes "sound" true, but the way they are used they most always ignore specifics and details that show them to be more often false.  This is especially true when only one side of an argument is ever able to get its message out- like on this fellows website. Hes got every right to post his beliefs but he cannot be allowed to present them without somebody challeng his points, like were doin here.

Like I said above im no churchgoing religius type now, tho I was raised a Catholic, and it seems that far too often this religious heritage is the one open to all sorts of new-age attacks and degradation. What saddens me most these attacks come from people who are supposedly the most accepting and tolerant new-age progressive people. Dont they see the hipocrisy?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2001, 12:45:00 AM »
Ouch.

He was much harsher than I am when I debate these things.

I will admit to using some of those arguments, but I tend to use softer language.  I have accused religious people and atheists of being delusional or liars though. (I'm agnostic, for what its worth)

He was WAY to harsh in order to have any debate.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2001, 04:41:00 AM »
Quote:

"Christian prudery kills kids...."

Hehe, another anti-Christian polemic from some idiot. Goebbels woulda been proud.

Talk about a "Nazi"........

Quote:

"He was WAY to harsh in order to have any debate."

Well, seeing as how this moron used the word "Combat" methinks the writer would like a war....

How "Liberal" of him.....

Cabby

[This message has been edited by cabby (edited 03-29-2001).]
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2001, 05:58:00 AM »
You guys take me way too seriously some times  

StSantaism today! Do your work; call 0-666-SATAN  

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Sandman_SBM

Combating Christianity
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2001, 07:02:00 AM »
I know where this guy Roedy Green is at. He's all caught up in the throes of angry atheism. Been there done that... got the t-shirt. .. I understand his motivation. IMHO, you have to be non-christian to see all the cultural biases and religious persecution of non-christians.

He'll possibly get over it and learn tolerance. That.. or get shot by some right-wing bible toting fundamentalist nutbag.    

Christians... go right ahead... be christian. I like no one better than someone that is a true believer and doesn't need me to agree with him to be happy. The true believers are not threatened by opinions like Roedy Green's and understand that religion is a personal issue and really should not be a cultural one.

FWIW... I started out babtist. Gave up on christianity 15 years ago. I do agree with a lot of the statements but Mr. Green needs to work on his delivery. Mr. Green also needs to realize that he's wasting his time.

Listen guys... I may drop a few bombs in here. I don't always agree with the statements but topics that polarize the community is one way to learn about each other. Yeah... it's going to sting and noses will be bumped, but that's part of the fun. Besides... it's a lot more interesting than simply posting, "Poll: Christian/Atheist/Other".

Peace.

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs
The SBM's are hiring!

[This message has been edited by Sandman_SBM (edited 03-29-2001).]

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
Combating Christianity
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2001, 07:19:00 AM »
You know you guys are really starting to anger me with all this factual displacement BS
"New Age"?
We've been around a thousand years longer than you buddy boy, In fact, most of your churches are built atop our alters.
Keep trying to suppress the truth, Your self-imposed rules will catch up to you one day.

But not just yet

Blessed be all, (and I do mean all)

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Sandman_SBM

Combating Christianity
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Hehe... wiccans...  

[This message has been edited by Sandman_SBM (edited 03-29-2001).]