Author Topic: Just Noticed Films Section...  (Read 899 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Just Noticed Films Section...
« on: August 01, 2005, 11:39:11 PM »
I just noticed the films section under downloads...  Ending up grabbing the "Snap Roll" one as I wasn't quite sure what the heck it was :o

Just like to say great job fellas, and keep it up, I can't wait to see the section when it's all fleshed out! :)

If there's anyone new to the game who's unfamiliar what some of the moves are that everyone keeps talking about, go to the Dowloads--->Films section and check it out, I'm sure you'll find it very helpful :)

Thanks to all those who are working on them!

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:53:30 AM »
I look at them and I laugh, but then again I can because its me. I didn't know those would be public and are not final versions really. They do give the general idea now but they are definately rough with garbled voice and a few rough edges, heck lots of rough edges.
Thanks for the input though and there are more on the way from the Aces High 2 Trainer Corps.
I'd also bet they will be more refined and a step up in quality.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:02:59 PM »
also you can go to the 479th Raiders website and check out more vids as well as articles in PJ University, they are mostly filmed in P38's hence thats what we fly, but you can adapt the tactics and maneuvers to any plane, lots of cool vids, especially for those people that think the P38 is not a good plane... ITS THE BEST !!!

http://479.jasminemarie.com/

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
more vids in PJ University?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:09:14 PM »
Sure there r more vids in the PJUniversity, but how do u watch them on AH2 when all r done in AW format?   Do u have the AW
pgm 2b able to watch the films? If so, pls share it with all of us who are interested.

Personally I think it's a great learning vehicle, but the films would really show the fine points of the maneuvers, it's all a matter of
reading it, seeing it & emulating what u see, a picture (film) is worth a 1,000 words.

Cheers,

Happy1  :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:25:08 PM »
Murdr is in the process of making AH films for PJ University but the stuff written will still apply in AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »
With maneuvers you have to remember or at least keep this in mind. We're not doing acrobatics where each and every maneuver is the same and done in a predictable manner. In a dogfight you want some unpredictability so you shouldn't do the same maneuver twice or in the same fashion. A good opponent can and will notice a pattern and use it against you. The specific situation will dictate how and when the maneuver is performed. Not that there is one but if there was the 'best' maneuver could get you killed if it's done in the wrong type of fight or at the wrong time even if you did it perfectly.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 09:41:59 PM »
Thx Ack-Ack that certainly is good news enabling me to finally learn to fly n fite in a P38 upon completion of the WHOLE package.

Read it, verbalize it, see it & do it, time & time again until u get it
right & to ur own satisfaction  :aok

Cheers,

Happy1  :D

P.S.  TY Murdr 4 working on it

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 10:58:32 AM »
In a dogfight you want some unpredictability so you shouldn't do the same maneuver twice or in the same fashion.

I understand what you are saying fuze but there are some maneuvers that certain planes can pull over and over again where another plane won't follow, such as a double or triple immel in a P38J, nobody can follow that and if they try they will stall and you can quickly cut throttle with full flaps and drop right down on them for the kill... I forgot the name of it but it is basically a figure 8... also another one in the 38 is the barrel role, when i have 2 or more bogeys on my 6, ill drop full flaps and get as slow as i can and pull off a near stall barrel roll and stay in it for a good 3 minutes or so or until the bogeys either break off or auger ;)...... I do understand what you are saying though about your opponent catching your pattern and waiting to see it again..., theres not many, but there are a fe moves that you can continuously do to reverse on someone or evade them

Fuze

Iceman24

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 11:42:15 AM »
Makes me glad I edited my text so it didn't say 'never' do the same maneuver more than once :)
If your plane has a certain advantage over your opponent use that advantage for sure.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 10:22:27 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24

I understand what you are saying fuze but there are some maneuvers that certain planes can pull over and over again where another plane won't follow, such as a double or triple immel in a P38J, nobody can follow that and if they try they will stall and you can quickly cut throttle with full flaps and drop right down on them for the kill...

I would not rely on this type of thinking as a guarantee. The P38J is a great plane, but there are numerous other planes that can hang easily in a double Immelman, and a few that can go the triple..be weary, very weary of which planes you think can and can not follow, it is more a matter of judging the opponents "E" state than thinking the P38 is just that much uber or super...Keen SA and the ability to pick up on your opponent starting to flounder

I forgot the name of it but it is basically a figure 8..
the cuban 8?.

also another one in the 38 is the barrel role, when i have 2 or more bogeys on my 6, ill drop full flaps and get as slow as i can and pull off a near stall barrel roll and stay in it for a good 3 minutes or so or until the bogeys either break off or auger ;)......

alomost the same view as the first question, when you start dealing with average and better than Sim Pilots you will not be as sucessful, the ones I would think that are falling for this is the newer flyers or the 1 to 2 year flyers who never thought about learning anything except to gang up on 1 plane
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 10:08:44 AM »
Cuban thats it... Thank you, couldn't remember what it was called... Yes you are correct about the E states, I should have been more specific, when you are co E or if you have more E than your opponent than it will work, but as you stated it doesn't really matter what you do or what you are flying, if the other pilot is a better stick than you than you will most likely lose, no matter what e states your in or what plane your in. I compare this to golf, if I'm playing against Tiger Woods than it doesn't matter what kind of clubs me or him are using, I could be using a brand new custom fit set of calloway's and he could be using some 1920's wooden persimon (spelling) clubs, and he's still gonna kick my butt... I was more or less pointing out some of the major strengths of the plane for newer guys to learn 1st when flying the PJ... It is not uber by any means, it is just good at everything with exception of acceleration and stall where it accels, IMO theres not another plane that can hang on its props and stall fight like the PJ when its well flown by a good stick... Alot of the newer guys fly it one time and they think it feels sluggish and slow and that it wont turn, when flown by a good stick it is one of the nimblest planes out there and very lethal fighter... its just not really bad at anything, if i had 1 complaint it would be that it compresses to easy, but once you fly it allot, its not a problem. but like u said anybody that is a better stick can whoop anybody in any AC

Offline weasel4

• Zinc Member
Films
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 10:16:03 AM »
Where the %$&? do I get the AH Film viewer?  Can't view on Microsoft Media?!

"I Know I seem stupid ....... Because I am Stupid":lol :mad: :confused:

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 10:22:48 AM »
it should have gotton the film viewer when you downloaded AH, it should have been in there, you may need to download again

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 11:49:14 PM »
weasel4 in order to get to the film viewer you need to to open the AHII folder on your computer (not the game) you can find it by clicking on my computer, then C:, then program files, then HTC, then AHII, and finally films or film viewer.

Ace's High Trainers i would like to take the time to thank you all for the wonderful work you do and also looking forward to more videos on BFM and hopefully some on ACM.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
Been offline for a week.  I had a similar question on PJU films in this thread.  I site some AH films that relate to PJU.

Its been a side project, but my time is kind of limited this time of year.