Author Topic: New Green Day Video  (Read 2025 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
New Green Day Video
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2005, 08:56:03 AM »
rolex... I don't get any more weepy about the iraqis killed than the Americans being killed except...

I never like to see people tortured and subjegated..  I like to see those who do these things taken out..  Soldiers are a different matter... soldiers fight... soldiers die.   Rather it didn't happen but that is the way it goes.

I have nothing against reexamining our policy over there but....  I was around for the stupid anti war protests about vietnam and seen how they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tho... don't want a replay.  Seems like we are seeing a lot of the same players too.

My point was not that I feel equally bad about iraqis being killed or tortured and their families suffering than I do about American soldiers being killed and watching their families suffering... I was merely pointing out that nash was being one sided and not showing how the sadman was creating the little scenes that nash was so weepy about on a ten times grander scale every day of his brutal rule.

Nash is the one who wants us to be moved by only the deaths of American soldiers and the suffering of their families... it is he who is playing the emotion card in a very one sided manner.

lazs

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New Green Day Video
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2005, 09:06:44 AM »
"I never like to see people tortured and subjegated"

true that isn't good but is it any better seeing them blown to bits regularly, kidnapped, murdered, stolen from, unable to travel safely, make a living look after their family, go to school, turn the bloody lights on!  Cos thats what s going on now!

No one is saying Sadam was an angel but can you honestly tell me the Iraqis are that much better off now! Its Ok I know you will. But I think the news from that country might contradict you.

Anyhow whatever you think Of Green Day they surely got us arguing!!!  And I bet thats the desired result:D ;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
New Green Day Video
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2005, 09:10:18 AM »
I would rather be afraid of terrorists blowing me up than being kidnapped and tortured by my own government with no say in my destiny...

but then.. that's just me.

lazs