Author Topic: Urban sprawl  (Read 1320 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Urban sprawl
« on: August 12, 2005, 02:33:20 PM »
Large defenable cities comprised of multiable strat targets. Base these models on say like Berlin.......Stalingad....... Nanking.......
Shanghi You get the idea. Think about it large seiges make these urban centers part of the war win scheme, in the game. This would change the interdiction aspect of the game, even more so.
Regional cities that effect certain areas of the map. make it work by having defined rail centers and road ways to disrupt supply flow.
Uber

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Urban sprawl
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:46:45 PM »
This is primarily a FLIGHT sim, not another WWII Online.

Offline Swarmed

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/kazuoson
Urban sprawl
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 04:09:57 PM »
That doesn't mean you can't have a more involved war. No one is trying to take the flight sim aspect outta the game, just broaden the scope of the war. I'm all about a full scale war, that's as realistic as you can get on a 19" box, and it doens't mean it has to be WWII Online.

I think ToD is a great place to add this kind of feature with realistic terrains. The MA is a great place for furballs and senseless mayhem, and it should stay that way.

Offline Swarmed

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/kazuoson
Urban sprawl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:10:44 PM »
And slimm, you live in Richmond? I live up in Cypress on the NW side. Small world... :)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Urban sprawl
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 04:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
This is primarily a FLIGHT sim, not another WWII Online.
I agree wwII was a novel idea and had merit as a online sim. But with AH2's multiple application with the heavy emphasis on flight . The cordination and game play would be that much more enhanced don't you think?
Uber.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Urban sprawl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 04:27:59 PM »
Why would you have to take anything away from the air war to implement this idea?  I proposed something similar awhile  back for a BoB type map that focused on the air battle over London and the surrounding area.  Small airfields surrounding a giant metroplex with several different types of strat targets and AA.  

Beyond that, I'd love to see cities with streets wide enough to fly a plane down, "canyon runs" down main street with enemy fighters in pursuit and AA everywhere.  Cant do that with the pre-fab towns and cities we have now.

Maybe I've been watching too many movies.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Urban sprawl
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 06:16:41 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Why would you have to take anything away from the air war to implement this idea?  I proposed something similar awhile  back for a BoB type map that focused on the air battle over London and the surrounding area.  Small airfields surrounding a giant metroplex with several different types of strat targets and AA.  

Beyond that, I'd love to see cities with streets wide enough to fly a plane down, "canyon runs" down main street with enemy fighters in pursuit and AA everywhere.  Cant do that with the pre-fab towns and cities we have now.

Maybe I've been watching too many movies.

Exactly right on Star. I think the cordination of ground and air in a Urban environment would just make the game that much better.
Uber.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Urban sprawl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 02:58:07 AM »
How about if an object is 90% or more destroyed, people start running out of it?  Then you can choose to continue to destroy the object or strafe the people, just like in real war.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Urban sprawl
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 12:24:30 PM »
Well, that would definitely distract some folks from town killing lol.  

"Oooo look, people to shoot!"

"Is the town down yet?"

"Uhhhh..........dangit outta ammo."