Author Topic: Can we have Range vox be tuneable?  (Read 935 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Can we have Range vox be tuneable?
« on: August 13, 2005, 01:09:20 AM »
Instead of "always on"?  That way if the guys want to chat about their hemorrhoid removal surgery, or their last colon exam, the rest of us who have no need to tune to it dont have to.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 03:03:21 AM »
A cockpit-visible (or radio bar visible) vox volume slider easily available either on the radio bar, in the cockpit, or a pop-up volume knob from a hot-key, would be great.  A radio volume knob and a power button would integrate this feature into the game.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 04:47:34 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

let me squelch range vox!

My only option right now is vox or no vox; and that just aint right!

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 07:47:32 AM »
I add my vote for squelch option for range vox... or tunability. Same reasons as above.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 09:35:37 AM »
Hitech has already said numerous times that there will be no squelch for range Vox.

Why keep asking for something he has already made perfectly clear isnt gonna happen?

I find the general personal conversations on range annoying at times also. It isnt so bad when not much is going on. But in teh middle of a furball,base attack or base defence. It can be VERY annoying particularly when there are people wanting to get useful information out and cant because people are hogging range with non relevant conversation.

It is quite annoying when your trying to get a message out about a goon or M3 that nobody noticed dropping off troops and cant because two clowns are jabbering about they recent trip to Disney world or how often their dog licks their arse.

What we might want to do. is as a goup. tell people to take it private. But that will only work if we support one another.

another option and alternative I wuld like ot see is Squad channel overiding range instead of the other way around
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 12:17:13 PM »
I know he said we cant squelch the channel.  Squelching an entire channel would be problematic at best.  Thats why I asked for making it TUNEABLE instead.  If it's capable of being tuned to or not, then you dont need to worry about how to squelch an entire channel instead of an individual.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 04:33:43 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
I know he said we cant squelch the channel.  Squelching an entire channel would be problematic at best.  Thats why I asked for making it TUNEABLE instead.  If it's capable of being tuned to or not, then you dont need to worry about how to squelch an entire channel instead of an individual.

I'd definately like it tunable - for another major reason being that then I suppose you could use your second radio channel as a "sub-squad" of sorts...  For just you and a wingman/small group as opposed to the entire squad.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 06:53:48 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2

Im not trying to speak for him but.
I think his position might be that tuning it out would essentially be the same as squelching it. Which s something he doesnt want
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 01:38:43 AM »
I understand.  I was just thinking the reason for saying no to the squelch idea was the problem of squelching a vox channel, when the setup is designed to squelch individuals.  I could be wrong.