Author Topic: Wake up America  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Wake up America
« on: August 13, 2005, 11:19:45 AM »
My dad sent me this speech in an Email and I found it a good read.  It pretty much goes along with alot of things that I think are wrong with this country of ours.

We all know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration — both legal and illegal — was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States a 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved! Not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity! Unity is what it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic Games.

A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to over come two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell.

"E. Pluribus Unum" — From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'x! xenophobes' halt discussion and debate."

"Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book Mexifornia. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause.

A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America — take note of California and other states — to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy are deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

and before you think this is neo-con pinhead dribble:
Richard D. Lamm was a Democrat who served as governor of Colorado for twelve years from 1975 to 1987

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wake up America
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
So how come its working here! I don't see a destroyed Britain. Infact we are about the strongest nation in Europe economicaly and politicaly.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Wake up America
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 11:40:33 AM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
So how come its working here! I don't see a destroyed Britain. Infact we are about the strongest nation in Europe economicaly and politicaly.

your doctors also want to ban pointy objects.  face it you are a nanny state that is losing it's identity.  I don't mean to be offensive i'm just trying to be honest.

I don't see how you like being told that being proud of your heritatge and your culture is racist and that "diversity" and "multiculturalism" trump all else.  Those tag lines get used in excess at our universitys and the educated masses will start flooding America's work force with this soon enough.  The guy also makes some great points as far as history lessons are concerned.

EDIT:  sky please don't take offense to this and I am by no means advocating that America is perfect

BUT,

The UK as you say is strong in Europe.  You embrace those of different culture with open arms.  Alot of those that would not be welcomed in other places preferr the UK.  Yet the extremest still see it as a place to wage terror war.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:43:27 AM by Gunslinger »

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Wake up America
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 11:40:47 AM »
Teh snopes says.... True!!!

Makes me want to check out that Mexifornia book he talks about.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Wake up America
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 11:44:48 AM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Teh snopes says.... True!!!

Makes me want to check out that Mexifornia book he talks about.

yea I got this in Email and made sure I snoped it first.  To be honest I HATE alot of this multicultural babble.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Wake up America
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

Working there?  At least our unassimilated Mexican population isn't strapping explosives onto themselves.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wake up America
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 11:48:01 AM »
I think our identity is pretty strong. We are nation of people from all over the world. A product of having a global empire. We are a nation who invented Democracy! Abolished Slavery! Fought to world wars to defeat Millitarism and Facism! Have over 2000 years of history and a thousand years of continuous monarchy, Invented many of the things that we now take for granted. Kicked off Industrialisation to name but a few things.

I think us Brits, whatever religion colour creed we are, are pretty clear about our identity. What we are also clear about is that the identity of a nation changes develops and is fluid. If it isn't the inevitable result is stagnation and death. Change is not something to fear it is something to grab by the horns and run with.

Tarmac you have a point. But we've dealt with that for many a year. We used to have Irish Catholic Republicans, leaving those explosives in Pubs etc and Blowing us up too. Thay were British Citizens as well you know. Its not that new. We're old hands at terrorism unlike your great nation for whom 911 was a wake up call. We were wide awake long before that!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:50:50 AM by Skydancer »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Wake up America
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 11:48:48 AM »
You are 97% white...  That is hardly multiculturism working... your schools don't teach in two languages... you don't call illegals "undocumented immigrants"...  In short... you don't have the faintest idea of what is happening here....

you live on a tiny little island fer chrissakes where everone is white and speaks english.  It is no hardship to you if a couple of unseen workers speak some foreign drivel... you get more tourists speaking drivel than that.   You don't have 25% of your TV and radio stations in a foreign language...

Like I said... you don't know anything about it except in canada and quebec... that's working great isn't it?

lazs

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wake up America
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »
Lazs you are rather ignorant of the current stuation in the UK. We do have Aisian Language Radio Stations. We also have Bilingual teaching in many of our City schools. Not to mention the fact that In Wales we have bilingual education and have had so for years. We have a large Immigrant population in our citys, The countyside may be 97% white but thats not all of Britain is it? Honestly you betray as much ignorance about the UK as I'm sure you think I do about the US empire;)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Wake up America
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 11:59:05 AM »
Lazs you are rather ignorant of the current stuation in the UK. We do have Aisian Language Radio Stations. We also have Bilingual teaching in many of our City schools. Not to mention the fact that In Wales we have bilingual education and have had so for years. We have a large Immigrant population in our citys, The countyside may be 97% white but thats not all of Britain is it? Honestly you betray as much ignorance about the UK as I'm sure you think I do about the US empire;)

Sky this thread is really about America and I don't want to turn it into US Vs. UK thing.  YOu guys feel just as much pains from this as we do.

Free Press, Scottish Style

Scotland's Sunday Herald says two newspapers there have been investigated by police for racial intimidation after they published articles critical of the country's immigration policies.

A formal racial complaint was lodged against the Barrhead News for publishing an article which claimed the town could be "swamped by gypsies from across Europe" in an article about a group of French travelers who had settled on the site of an old factory nearby.

A Strathclyde Police spokesman told the paper that his office had received a complaint about a "racist incident" involving the paper.

Over the weekend, the Herald reported that Alan Buchan, owner and editor of the free North East Weekly, was charged with incitement to racial hatred after a two-hour interview by police. The charges apparently stem from an editorial in which he criticized plans to turn a former air force base into into an immigrant center and create a new prison nearby.

Under the heading "Perverts & Refugees", Mr Buchan wrote: "The people of rural England have been in massive rebelling (sic) over the establishment of refugee centres holding upwards of 5000 immigrants because they were fully aware that their communities would be swamped and turned into cesspools

"As a result the government has abandoned its plans for England and now could be looking at a refugee complex of over 5000 and a prison unit of 800 for Buchan.

"The reason that the people of rural England have reject (sic) this is that they know their communities would be turned into ghettos where murder, rape, robbery, assault, break-ins and numerous other crimes became prevalent."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/44739.html

this is a perfect example of what my post is talking about.  All you have to do to trump free speech in dealing with immigration is play the race card.  Free thaught 0 Multiculturalism 1

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Wake up America
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 12:01:37 PM »
The Roanoke Times reports that officials at Virginia Tech are allowing sexually segregated classes for visiting Saudi students because US officials don’t want to “impress our culture on them.”

The students, some 60 faculty members from King Abdulaziz University, are taking identical development courses at Tech this summer but instead of being integrated they are segregated sexually.

http://www.roanoke.com/printer/printpage.aspx?arcID=28903

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Wake up America
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 12:02:48 PM »

Maybe you missed my previous inference in your wrist-flapping righteous indignation, so I'll be more direct.  

How do you explain the subway/bus bombings in the context of your "we're soooo well integrated and everybody loves everybody" argument.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wake up America
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 12:06:09 PM »
I shall repeat ......Tarmac you have a point. But we've dealt with that for many a year. We used to have Irish Catholic Republicans, leaving those explosives in Pubs etc and Blowing us up too. Thay were British Citizens as well you know. Its not that new. We're old hands at terrorism unlike your great nation for whom 911 was a wake up call. We were wide awake long before that!

Don't get the idea that a few Islamic nuts blowing themselves up is causing this nation to implode or segregate or whatever. We're a bit more sensible than that!

Gunslinger. Ok I see what you mean and yes that does happen. Yes its daft and people should be able to speak their mind, but within reason. I don't want the Far right BNP inciting hatred any more than I want Islamic Fundamentalist Immams doing so. I think that the senator guys was wrong realy. I don't think a society of people who speak different languages or have different cultures is a problem. I do think they should be able to speak the native language too though. I do believe that all societys grow and change and that is healthy. What is not healthy is a kind of Mono culture which is what I think this guy is going on about. He basicaly seems to suggest that the US will only be strong if it is a monoculture. I disagree. I think Britain is pretty multicultural and that is actualy helping us become stronger in Europe and have more influence globaly. Plus on a lighter note it has realy improved our diet! :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 12:13:31 PM by Skydancer »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Wake up America
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 12:08:54 PM »
So inform me with some facts skyprancer.... what is your entire england white race ratio?  Not 97%?  then what is it?

We have entire states where whites are becoming a minority and english is becomeing a minor language.

You don't know anthing about here yet you were the one to arrogantly say that it all works in england so why not here?

There are neighborhoods in the U.S. where you couldn't survive the afternoon because you were white.

you are quick to jump on us for intolernace yet I see more intolence for less real reason in your country... minor little spikes in non white population like you have would be ignored or laughed at here.... Jumps like we have would cause you biggots to call in the troops.

I defenitly do not want to be lectuired about tolerance by any euro.... much less a brit.

lazs

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Wake up America
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
Sorry, didn't see your edit above.  

I'm not saying that the bombings will cause your country to fragment, merely saying that the fact that these are home-grown terrorists implies that everbody isn't on the same page.  That says that there is a significant population in your country which is not well integrated.  These relatively few people who took action did not act in isolation; they've been bred, indoctrinated, or whatever word you want to use, to believe that there's something so wrong in your country that people deserve to die for it.  These kids didn't come to this conclusion on their own -- as our beloved Hillary Clinton (;)) would say, "It takes a village."