Author Topic: Zazen a frustrated NME  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 11:06:35 PM »
:aok

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 11:13:24 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
... The problem with P62 is the geography, the LVT's actually spawned on the beach, so could resupply immediately without having to travel anywhere. The peculair geography of the P62 port area made this exploit possible whereas it would not be possible at any other port on any other map. The LVT's would have to travel a significant distance under fire to re-supply any other port.

Zazen

Sounds like the Bish thoughtfully exploited a known issue with this particular map, and the Rooks countered with a strategy of their own.  Pretty resourceful in my book.  This is only a game ... right?

Cya Up!

Dawg

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 11:45:38 PM »
I was involved in the P-62 attacks, killed a bunch of LVTs. Clearly, the guys running the LVTs knew about the map glitch and exploited it to the maximum. Worse, some bragged about it on channel 200.

When Zazen switched to Bishops and moved the CV out of immediate spawn range, the biggest whines about cheating came from the guys who were running the LVTs.

In retrospect, I could care less about not being able to capture the base as I was content to clobber these guys all evening. There were enough Seafires and F4Us to abuse, which provided entertainment in between bomb reloads.

Tactically and strategically, having the port and CV made little impact on the game. Why? Because there was no way to capture additional bases without moving the CV away from P-62. When they do that, they lose P-62. So, the Bish had effectively keyholed themselves with this catch-22.

That said, I can see why some Rooks were annoyed at the blatant exploitation of a map problem.

In the long run, the gamers were themselves, gamed.

To avoid this sort of thing in the future, simply adjust the map as they did when the exact same map bug prevented the capture of P-47 on the Trinity map.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 12:07:41 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I was involved in the P-62 attacks, killed a bunch of LVTs. Clearly, the guys running the LVTs knew about the map glitch and exploited it to the maximum. Worse, some bragged about it on channel 200.

When Zazen switched to Bishops and moved the CV out of immediate spawn range, the biggest whines about cheating came from the guys who were running the LVTs.

In retrospect, I could care less about not being able to capture the base as I was content to clobber these guys all evening. There were enough Seafires and F4Us to abuse, which provided entertainment in between bomb reloads.

Tactically and strategically, having the port and CV made little impact on the game. Why? Because there was no way to capture additional bases without moving the CV away from P-62. When they do that, they lose P-62. So, the Bish had effectively keyholed themselves with this catch-22.

That said, I can see why some Rooks were annoyed at the blatant exploitation of a map problem.

In the long run, the gamers were themselves, gamed.

To avoid this sort of thing in the future, simply adjust the map as they did when the exact same map bug prevented the capture of P-47 on the Trinity map.

My regards,

Widewing

What it did that disrupted gameplay was allow a handfull of Bishop exploit bug abusers to unfairly tie up 50+ Rooks for 4+ hours that would have otherwise been beating the hell out of them elsewhere. It actually ruined my own squadnight, as instead of doing our usual fun missions we were consumed with trying to circumvent the Bishop bug exploitation to no avail. That, in my opinion, is a major gameplay issue that simply had to be rectified. We tried everything before we resorted, by popular consensus, to removing the object of the exploitation (the CV) from the equation. Two minutes after the CV was removed from exploitation range, the Port was successfully captured and the normal, bug abuse free, gameplay returned to the MA. Mission accomplished.

Hopefully, HiTech will see to it that P62's anomolous geography that allows this exploit to be abused is fixed before the Baltic map is returned to the map rotation. That will guarentee that noone else will have to exercise 'vigilante justice' in the future, as I was forced to tonight.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:21:08 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 12:20:11 AM »
Again, how come none of you yelling "cheat" thought to email your complaints in?  You all wanted attention, pure and simple, or this wouldnt be here on the boards.  So you get no sympathy from anyone.  Wahmbulance is on the way to pick you up and doctor your sprained sense of humor.  Hope it gets better.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 12:28:10 AM »
I sent e mail and screenshot.Let HT figgure it out.Some on the Bish side wanted to switch to rook and nuke the CV so it respawned at the port.I said that wouldnt be right and they never did it.This childish Squadron Chest banging about "were being abused" just has no place in the community but we will let HT decide if some holier than tho types can dictate game play.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 12:30:31 AM »
Originally posted by DrDea
I sent e mail and screenshot.Let HT figgure it out.Some on the Bish side wanted to switch to rook and nuke the CV so it respawned at the port.I said that wouldnt be right and they never did it.This childish Squadron Chest banging about "were being abused" just has no place in the community but we will let HT decide if some holier than tho types can dictate game play.

That wouldn't have worked anyways, the CV was out of exploit range within about 3 minutes of respawning and me vectoring it away from P62. Rooks captured the field 2 minutes later. It would have taken much longer for the dead CV to respawn at the port again.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 12:35:31 AM »
End this now. Both threads are getting way out of hand. Self-censorship is better than enforced HTC censorship.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 08:21:56 AM »
Wtg Zazen! You took one for the team bud! I hate that never ending re-supply from LVT crap.

~AoM~

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 08:27:10 AM »
Yeah, send emails and screen shots to HT.  I wonder what he will have issue with.  A player switching sides and plaing the game according to the rules or a bunch of dweebs exploiting a map problem. :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »
Yup, pretty sorry situation, but then zazen strikes me as an "end justifies the means" type of guy. Its obvious that he can rationalize  his actions to almost sociopathic levels.

There should be an hour or so dead time after country change when cv command is not possible.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 10:38:02 AM »
I am a knight and wasn't even involved but changing sides and to do what you did Zazen was wrong.  The Bish were simply resupplying the port with the spawn point that HTC has installed in the game.  Zazen, you on the other hand purposely switched sides to sabotage.  That's just cheap.  But, the game allows this sort of play.  Maybe HTC can make some changes so a player who changes sides loses all their current rank and starts at ground zero.  Anyways, I think you lost any respect you may have had with other players Zazen when you pulled that move.  ::::Shrugs:::::
"One-Eye"

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
Originally posted by Shamus
Yup, pretty sorry situation, but then zazen strikes me as an "end justifies the means" type of guy. Its obvious that he can rationalize  his actions to almost sociopathic levels.

shamus
[/QUOTE

-- tell him to add some brain in his diet

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Actually not, the bug was fixed to some extent a while back to disallow LVT's from dropping supplies in the water. The problem with P62 is the geography, the LVT's actually spawned on the beach, so could resupply immediately without having to travel anywhere. The peculair geography of the P62 port area made this exploit possible whereas it would not be possible at any other port on any other map. The LVT's would have to travel a significant distance, very slowly, thru water, under fire to re-supply any other port.

Zazen

almost every map has some bases, if u put the CV in the
right position, LVTs will spawn on base/land close. its not only p62.

Zaz ,
what they did might have been wong, might not, but that was/is
for HT to decide.  what u did was as bad or worse. you should never switch sides and purposely do something to that country to
allow ur main country to  capture base, just because u dont like
how they are defending it.

just plain wrong and classless

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Zazen a frustrated NME
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 11:37:18 AM »
That's just cheap. But, the game allows this sort of play.

also allows to switch countries last i checked :aok

just plain wrong and classless

from all the crap ive read about this, these really stand out.  attacking zaz for what he did...good on ya.  now then, where are your attacks for the exploitation(plain and simple) of the "bug"?

2 wrongs dont make a right.  but attacking one guy, who openly admitted what happend, and not the other(s) is crap.  and notice, where are the guys who were exploiting?   where is their thread to "tell it like it was"?

sure, they were both wrong, but at least one of them had the sac to stand up and tell what went down that fateful night in august.  ;)
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++