Author Topic: Environmental effects  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Environmental effects
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:41:25 AM »
Weather: fog, rain, thunderstorms(ie. bad visibility), heavy wind, overcast, clouds, completely clear skies, seasons, longer and darker night as in AH1(no icons).

Also the leaking tanks could stop leaking when all oil, coolant or gas has leaked away. ;-)

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 05:20:39 PM »
Seconded!

Offline BBinder

• Zinc Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 05:40:17 PM »
i third it

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Environmental effects
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 11:56:52 PM »
4th, 5th, 6th,7th,8th,9th and 10th.

11th just in case:D

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:27:12 AM »
This brings up a question I have. Does HTC still have that new coder working on eye candy still? Or is all eye candy completed?

Offline damnname

• Zinc Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 02:55:41 AM »
Bring back the SHEEP!! Baaaaaa

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Environmental effects
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 03:26:26 AM »
It seems odd having to ask to bring certain parts of AHII to the level of AHI.  But I agree, I loved all that weather.  The current game sort of feels dumbed down by comparison.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 01:24:27 PM »
This is a repost of mine btw. See HERE - Environmental Enhancements.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
Until the collective community upgrades their hardware I don't think we will see this soon. As much as I too would like to see these things, with every new release of the program code we see the whines of the masses regarding frame rates.

All of these would mean a decrease in FPS for most of us. It is unfortunate that until the hardware outpaces the software this won't be a viable option. When that happens then there will be  the cries of how bad the game is graphics wise. Thus was the case in AHI.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Environmental effects
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 03:19:44 AM »
Visibility reducing effects can be used to increase fps by reducing the drawing distance using a fog effect. The rain could be made by fog effect too with just "spríte" effect raindrops on windshield.
Rest is done just by darker clouds and lighting changes. A vector flash here and there should not be a problem to any comp.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Environmental effects
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »
That's pretty much what I was going to post.

Sadly everytime HTC adds a new effect some people always complain about the fps hit because they don't upgrade their systems.

Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Until the collective community upgrades their hardware I don't think we will see this soon. As much as I too would like to see these things, with every new release of the program code we see the whines of the masses regarding frame rates.

All of these would mean a decrease in FPS for most of us. It is unfortunate that until the hardware outpaces the software this won't be a viable option. When that happens then there will be  the cries of how bad the game is graphics wise. Thus was the case in AHI.