Author Topic: Carded  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Carded
« on: December 13, 2001, 08:08:00 PM »
So, I was at work and out of smokes.  I went down stairs and around the corner to the local magazine and smoke shop.  There's this girl behind the counter, looks about 18.  I asked for a pack of Matinee Extra Mild King (they kill me slower).  

She got the pack and asked, "Do you have any ID?".   :confused:

I looked at her kind of incredulously (I'm in my late 20's, I look it, and my hair line is quickly running away from my face).  I hunted around in my pockets...nothing.  

I said, "No...I don't.".

She kinda shrugged.

I said, "I'm 27.".

She giggled nervously.

I held up the hand with my wedding band no it and said, "I'm married.".

She said, "They're pretty strict.".

I thought, "Who the fek are 'they'?".

As I left I muttered, "Whatever.".  :rolleyes:

So, I'm left with the question.  Was she a total moron, blind or malicious.  Whatever, I'm just pissed that I don't have any smokes.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Carded
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2001, 08:24:00 PM »
One more good reason to quit  :)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Carded
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
They can get a fat fine if they sell to underage people, probably just not worth it to her to risk it.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Carded
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2001, 08:48:00 PM »
I'm a workin' on it.  Down to about 4 cigarettes a day.  For what that's worth.  Having them there helps as a kinda scurity blanket.  I find I don't jones a much.

Enough excuses for ya?    :D

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Carded
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2001, 09:40:00 PM »
Take is a complememt....

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Carded
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
at the bar, i tip heavy if somebody cards the wife. improves her mood for days

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Carded
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
I stopped at a 7-11 one day after my wife and I had spotted a really cool $400,000 home so I could buy a lottery ticket.  She sat in the car while I went in to purchase the tickets.  The cashier carded me and my wife saw it happen through the glass doors.

As I got back into the car she asked "Why were you carded".  I told her it was for the Lottery tickets.  She asked "How old do you have to be to buy lottery tickets?!".  I told her you had to be 18.  I didn't get laid for a month.

Ever since, I am 100% in agreement with cpt. apathy... "i tip heavy if somebody cards the wife."

AKDejaVu

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Carded
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
thrawn you tard!!!!!!

all she wanted was your name and address!!

(these cute clerks play this trick on me all the time)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Carded
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »
In college I was busted for serving an underage person.  Believe me, once you go through that crap and appear in court, you card everyone without at AARP card.

Basically in Ohio, the rule is you card anyone that looks under the age of 30.  Take it as a compliment, she is only doing what the owner told her to do.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Carded
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »
I quit in April 2000, and I have to say......get the drugs. I used welbutrin which is the generic name for Z?????? (nicotine causes empty spots on the brain). It is an anti depressant and it made quitting fairly easy.
Still get the urge to light one up every now and then though. The force is strong in those things.

:mad:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Carded
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
I was sitting in the pub (a VERY small pub) when someone came in and ordered a drink.  He followed the order by informing the bartender it was his birthday.  The bartender said "Happy Birthday, can I see some ID?"  The gentleman had forgotten his ID.  The bartender refused to serve him until he went home and got it.

This guy was wanting a Scotch pretty bad so he went home and got his ID then came back.  Upon his arrival, he presented the ID to the bartender.  The bartender looked at it and said, "Your birthday was yesterday?" to which the man acknowledged that it was.  Then the bartender broke him the bad news... "Your driver's license expired yesterday.  I can't serve you with an expired license."

AKDejaVu

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Carded
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
I used welbutrin and quit for nearly 2 years.  I fell of the wagon when my "ma" passed away in October.

I am once again back on the Welbutrin...

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Carded
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tah Gut:
I quit in April 2000, and I have to say......get the drugs. I used welbutrin which is the generic name for Z?????? (nicotine causes empty spots on the brain). It is an anti depressant and it made quitting fairly easy.
Still get the urge to light one up every now and then though. The force is strong in those things.

:mad:

The diference between your late 20's and early 30's is when your in your 20's you get pissed when they id you, in your 30's you beg them to card you.  :D

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Carded
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2001, 11:26:00 AM »
I’ve always looked a lot older than I am.  I could buy liquor without much trouble since I was 18 or so. Anyway the bar I stopped at on my way home from work would give you your first drink free on your b-day. So after being a regular for almost a year at this bar I asked for my free b-day drink they wanted to see my id and I got some stern looks from the owner when the barmaid showed him the id that showed that it was my 21st b-day

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Carded
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
I quit the day after the Super Bowl last year. After smoking for 12 years, let's just say that I wasn't very pleasant to be around for a few weeks  ;) It was the best thing I ever did though.