Author Topic: Wish we could find out...  (Read 811 times)

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Wish we could find out...
« on: August 17, 2005, 01:44:40 PM »
... if any of these suggestions are really implementable.

Is there any possibility that say once a day, HT or someone else at HTC could scan the suggestions and say simply "might be done" or "already planned" or "not possible?" That way we'd have an idea whether further discussions or tweaks are even worthwhile.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline wylieboy

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 03:42:32 PM »
yeah that's a good idea:aok

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 03:59:27 PM »
Second that:aok

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Wish we could find out...
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 04:06:44 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
... if any of these suggestions are really implementable.

Is there any possibility that say once a day, HT or someone else at HTC could scan the suggestions and say simply "might be done" or "already planned" or "not possible?" That way we'd have an idea whether further discussions or tweaks are even worthwhile.

- SEAGOON

The problem is, the development of this type of product is practically on a dynamic, evolving, infinite timescale. What is 'not possible' today may be very possible in 2 years. Between the increase of the power of our computers, the proliferation of faster connection speeds, and the development of various virtual reality interfaces who's to say what is possible or not. I highly doubt HTC would like to pigeonhole itself even on these boards by limiting the scope of the future game on the technology of this moment.

The only type of difinitive response you could get along these lines are 'yea' or 'nay' on the general concepts HiTech personally finds appealing enough to contemplate implimenting or not. But, then again even his mind could change. I kind of like the open format of this forum, it's probably more usefull to HTC this way. With it open-ended we can be unfettered in our creativty and ingenuity, instead of just trying to fill in the banks of what kind of ideas we think he may be interested in at the moment.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 04:37:37 PM »
I doubt that in a year or two HTC is still going to be using the current game engine, I guess I could be wrong, who knows.

At the current rate of games, sims, engines and hardware it is doubtfull most current setups will remain profitable.