Author Topic: I've had enough of Gunman26  (Read 4923 times)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
I've had enough of Gunman26
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
your mom!

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
one of the best things about switching to knights has been not having to listen to his pedantic blathering and attention quest on ch2!

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
Good point MrFish , we need more to move to Knights  :)

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
Gentle folk,there is one way to handle this problem.No one responds no matter what he says.Good,bad or indifferent.If your country men respond,go private with them and let them know not to respond.After talking to him self for a time, he will get some kind of message.He is a country man but he shames me to be be that.It is an old tradition known as shunning.Sad thing to do but what else can you do.

Offline Geeb

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
<S> et that works.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2001, 03:51:00 AM »
Can you say Pariah boys and girls? I knew you could...

kbman   ;)

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: kbman ]

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by ET:
Gentle folk,there is one way to handle this problem.No one responds no matter what he says.Good,bad or indifferent.If your country men respond,go private with them and let them know not to respond.After talking to him self for a time, he will get some kind of message.He is a country man but he shames me to be be that.It is an old tradition known as shunning.Sad thing to do but what else can you do.

Yea, like thats gona happen  :)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
Can we kill him???

:D
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Sadly not. Killshooter.  :(

But we can take even more drastic steps...

1. Updates to the enemey on channel 1 describing his plane and location.

2. I kick him off the CV every time I see him in command of one... since even my cat outranks him; this ain't hard.

3. All bishops type .squelch gunman26 every time you log on

4. NEVER clear his six.

5. Refuse to let the guy bug yah.. I just ignore him. (see #3)

Note to rooks and knits.. if he winds up over there, just tell us where he is, we'll come kill him fer yah.

He's enjoying this noteriety as long as we aknowledge his existence.. like in this thread. That's gotta stop too. Let him spend his mommas thirty bucks inna vaccum.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
I like cookies...

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2001, 07:12:00 AM »
This is really f*kin pathetic people... REALLY...

You are asking HTC to boot him because of his foul language?

Geezus, let me know when your testicles drop and you get your daily shot of "I'm a man" in your system...

Does no one remember dweeb hunts? Man, that's the greatest thing in the world... when you force a dweeb to cancel his account and leave (he has it coming of course) for being a jack ass... much more gratifying!
  :D
-SW

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
"1. Updates to the enemey on channel 1 describing his plane and location."

Half of that is a popularity contest. If you are popular you'll get cooperation from folks online. I've asked for position reports several times I've been online for Gunman26 and never had any cooperation. I've done it for past ass^oles too that have been extremely disruptive online.

- westy

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
What is really needed here is a permanent squelch list.  If you squelch a player or channel, it should be saved between sessions, just like your highlight squad and shift-f1 view preferences.  I really hope HTC will add this feature in the next version.

In the mean time, .squelch works.  Use it!
--
Sancho
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

Cave Tonitrum

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
IMO, that is a partial answer Sancho. But that does not remove the undesired result of someone who does not have any self control or acts like an embicile.

How about all the potential new customers who sign up for the two week trial only to come in the MA and see this spew?  How many customers might HTC be losing due to this behavior? One reason I left AW and a big reason I never joined up with FA is just because of such crap.
 Do players think if there was a permament squelch list and they did did not have to withstand this 'tard' like bahavior that the AH environment would suddenly be cleaner and more friendly appearing?

It boils down to we need to control the MA or HTC does. And it is quite clear, unfortunately, that neither is doing it or having any success at it.

Westy

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEBY HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT DWEEB HUNT!!!!!!

-SW