Author Topic: Select tracers on/off for each bank  (Read 752 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Select tracers on/off for each bank
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
Would it be possible to set tracers on for just one gun bank? Maybe something in the config with a checkbox for each.

I really don't like tracers when I use MGs, but there are some times when I want them just for the cannon. I fire all guns at once almost all the time, so it would be nice to have cannon with tracers but MG without. Some guns have really bad trajectory, and it might help those of us without perfect mathematical minds to figure out where the rounds are going. That is, help us do that without our screen being cluttered up with MG tracers.

Just a thought. I like tracers as they are (I don't want them to change colors or anything) but I'd like an option to turn them on/off for primary and secondary banks. Heck, I'd be happy with a config file entry (doesn't have to be in the setup options).

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Select tracers on/off for each bank
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »
I was considering something like this, but not exactly in this fashion. I was thinking a .txt file for each vehicle/plane/gun in which individual tracer settings could be modified. I don't use tracers in anything, at the moment, but would like to have them for the Ostwind, bombers, the 30mm in the 109s, and a few other oddballs. As it stands now, it's a bit of a pain to go into setup each sortie in which I want to change planes/vehicles.

Perhaps something that we could change a few variables in to adjust conv, tracer combinations, etc would work. I wouldn't think it would involve a massive change to the code, and if we could simply edit the values, we could get endless customized setups without needing 4 pages on the clipboard to do so.

Anyhow, saw this post, reminded me of that.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech