Author Topic: Fear and age  (Read 2521 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Fear and age
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
I just enjoy scratching my nuts now.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Fear and age
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2002, 03:21:00 AM »
It's called Wisdom! You've lived long enough to find out you don't know everything and worse yet that you aren't invincible <G> past 40 you're like a fine piece of furniture, you just found out your chest has droped to your drawers! <GGGG>

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Fear and age
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2002, 03:41:00 AM »
So, drink deeply of Life, conduct it as best you can, and relish every waking moment  

Live it! Live it LARGE!  

How do these and other similar statements fit with how much time we all spend sitting in front of a computer screen jacked into AH?

I fear that I am wasting my life playing a game I can't quit and that all the "stories about what I did when I was young" told to my grandchildren about will be about AH.   :(

anyway...

F.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Fear and age
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2002, 04:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
I gotta realize my potential NOW. But, to do that, I need an education, and money. To get that, I need to basically do nothing but study, and have no money. But if I do that, I get even older before I can do the stuff I want, and then I might just miss my opportunity!

StSanta,

I felt the same way. After playing on submarines for 8 years, I got out and worked my butt off for 3 years to save up for school. Then I quit work to finish the electrical engineering degree I started before I joined the Navy. I graduate at the end of this spring. I have been mostly studying with no money. Finally finishing will give me a sense of relief, but as I get closer to graduation I fail to see the point of all the time and money I wasted going back to school. My skillset is the same as it was (I had already been doing electrical engineering without the degree), only now I will have a piece of paper. What a waste of precious lifespan. That paper better result in more money because it just sucked up $30,000 I had in savings and another $6,000 in loans  :mad: I would rather have bought a house, fixed up my car, and get a pilots license (which are my immediate goals upon graduation). I am 33 without a home or a wife  :( GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR  :mad:
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
Fear and age
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2002, 04:36:00 AM »
Youth is wasted on the young.

PS. Cant quite recall who said that...H.L. Mencken perhaps.Smart guy though...

;)

kbman

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Fear and age
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2002, 01:04:00 AM »
Staga I don't think it means you are getting old, it means you are turning gay.  

:)

Seriously, some classics in this thread.  Toad's weekly winner is in here for sure.  <S> Guys.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Fear and age
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2002, 01:41:00 AM »
I remember when I was in my early twenties I kept saying to myself"I'm getting old...I'm getting old..I'm getting.."When 30 came and went it was no big deal at all.In fact it gets better and better.I try to keep in shape by jogging,cycling..etc..Feel healthier than when I was 20.Try a team sport(anything but rugby).It's way more fun going to pub after than it was a decade ago.The only thing I've really cut out are the handsomehunk high risk things like riding a motorcycle in rush hour traffic,drinking&driving,bar fights..etc.. :)Life's just like flying AH for me...Keep that "E" level happening and watch the waistline(Check Six).. :)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Fear and age
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2002, 02:43:00 AM »
Not that much has changed here (turning 32 soon), I just wish I had (took) the time to do all that sh*t I used to do...

The main thing I realised that comes with age (for me) is "regrets" (ahh if I'd gone to finish of that Phd...) and "sarcasm/bitterness"... that's a bit bothering me, but it's more a pain to the poeple around me than to myself  :)

The only thing I seem to have lost is a non-ending stipid smile on my face, but I did get a little gut in return.

What Furious said is pretty true for a lot of us in here and I find THAT to be scary.

Staga... I hope she was ugly as a cow, or else... I'd start worying  ;)

Santa, offer is still valid when you're done with your studies...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Fear and age
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2002, 07:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by streakeagle:

StSanta,

I felt the same way. After playing on submarines for 8 years, I got out and worked my butt off for 3 years to save up for school. Then I quit work to finish the electrical engineering degree I started before I joined the Navy. I graduate at the end of this spring. I have been mostly studying with no money. Finally finishing will give me a sense of relief, but as I get closer to graduation I fail to see the point of all the time and money I wasted going back to school. My skillset is the same as it was (I had already been doing electrical engineering without the degree), only now I will have a piece of paper. What a waste of precious lifespan. That paper better result in more money because it just sucked up $30,000 I had in savings and another $6,000 in loans   :mad: I would rather have bought a house, fixed up my car, and get a pilots license (which are my immediate goals upon graduation). I am 33 without a home or a wife   :( GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR   :mad:

Well, don't sweat it, guy, cause it's not too late.  I was married both at 21, then at 36.  The one at 21 was a bad mistake, resulting is a lot of college misery(and just plain misery too).  The one at 36 is still going.  It's been a lot of work, but it's been worth it.  And when a month before my 42nd birthday, our son was born.  He'll be 2 next month, and I gotta say, that little guy gave me a major injection of Life  :)  So, hang in there, and never give up  ;)
ingame: Raz

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Fear and age
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »
Want me to give your wife a major injection Leonid?

That one was too good to pass on.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Fear and age
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2002, 02:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Staga:
hmm last saturday in a restaurant a lady came to talk to me and after we danced a little she asked if I would like to spent some time with her... I said I'm not interested...
Guess I'm getting old too    :confused:

This man is in some serious need of a pair of beer goggles!

Offline stomper3

• Zinc Member
Fear and age
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2002, 07:56:00 PM »

Yeah right guys, welcome to my line of work, where high-speed car driving, diving with sucky equipment, dare-devil mountaineering and 120 mph bike rides are every-day stuff... Amongst these 20-year old daredevils you never feel old...I promise, cause the seldom get old...   :D      

/stomp out

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Fear and age
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2002, 01:09:00 AM »
Eww Stomper..Post that stuff on roten.com plez...  :(
**JOKER'S JOKERS**