Author Topic: Jumping Jim  (Read 1081 times)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Jumping Jim
« on: December 17, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »
Jumping Jim Jeffords was on 60 mins last night trying to justifiy his move to independent.  This guttless wonder was and is afraid of the conservative agenda.  He didn't have the nerve to become a Democrat but just an independent.  He felt the people of Vermont wouldn't accept him as a Democrat.

Democrats in the Senate won't solve problems as then they won't have the issue to run on in the next election.  Be prepared for the long Clinton ressesion as the Senate will do all it can to stop any kind of recovery until Nov 0f 2002 when they can run on a recovery platform.

It just hurts to see how the few in the Senate want to have all the power and let we out in the countryside suffer so they can retain said power.

I am so sick of the games Democrats play that affect each and everyone of us in a negative fashion.  We need to swing back from the agenda of the fundamentalist liberals in Washington  or our country will just be another also ran shortly :(

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Jumping Jim
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2001, 05:51:00 AM »
Why half of the US voting population voted for democrats if they are so evil as you insist?
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2001, 06:04:00 AM »
That is a question I am always asking myself!  I just don't understand why they do that.  The evidence is clear that Democrats never solve issues.  Look at Social Security.  When the Democrats had control of both the House and Senate they never solved the problem they just let it fester so they could have the issue to run on.  Now that there are some new ideas regarding keeping Social Security solvent these fundimentalists liberal Demcrats run around yelling " the sky is falling".  It will take new ideas to solve the Social Security issue and Democrats aren't known for new ideas :(

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by 1776:
It will take new ideas to solve the Social Security issue and Democrats aren't known for new ideas  :(

That may be one of the reasons fro all the troubles - new ideas. Despite millenia of history, people now think that they can come up with an idea that will solve some major issues that was not solved (not for the lack of trying) over the list few thousand years.

One reason I side with concervatives is precisely because they have fewer ideas - and tend to let the nature take it's course. At least in the economics.

miko

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Why don't we just ask them. There is a quite a few liberaly minded guys among us.

Guys, what is it in a liberal/democratic agenda that you find appealing?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by mietla:
Why don't we just ask them. There is a quite a few liberaly minded guys among us.

Guys, what is it in a liberal/democratic agenda that you find appealing?

I don't really consider myself a liberal, but I think the state-subsidized hummers would attract me.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
The real shame is that we're reduced to a two-party system. To be elected, a Republican must lean to the left while a Democrat must lean to the right.

You want change? There's a fix...

Term Limits.
Campaign Finance Reform.
No Electoral College.
sand

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion that the perfect democratic system of government would be one that is split exactly 50-50 between liberals and conservatives.

This way the government would remain in perfect gridlock allowing the average citizen to go about his business without undue interference.

;)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
I'm kinda saddened by the polarization of folks to banners of party politics.

If folks elect people based on their stand on issues rather than party affiliation, and those elected officals then fulfill the mandate that elected them... maybe thats what we're seeing starting to happen now.. and what happened last election.

Well; I can dream can't I?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by blur:
I’ve come to the conclusion that the perfect democratic system of government would be one that is split exactly 50-50 between liberals and conservatives.

This way the government would remain in perfect gridlock allowing the average citizen to go about his business without undue interference.

;)

BINGO :)  I love the way you think :)

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
actually this does not work because both parties love to extort and then piss our money away. They just want to spend it of different things.  :(

So what we are left with is a lesser evil.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
I'm a liberal (this doesn't mean Democrat) because I care about freedom and to me freedom means more than the right to own a gun (which I also agree with).

I don't want to see our nation go down the road of theocracy.

There are things that I disagree with on the classic left and things I agree with on the classic right.

I don't want to see a nation in which corporations and the extremely wealth trample on the rights of everybody else.

We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"Freedom" is my answer the the question of "Whay am I a Liberal."
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
By some sick, twist of fate. My oldest, and closest friend is a liberal democrat.  We have remained so for some 30 plus years.  (Although the clinton years tested our friendship mightily  :)) He is utterly fearless, and at the same time, soft hearted as a small girl, with a kitten.  The combination drives me crazy sometimes.  

What I have learned from him, is that we need liberals.  Yes I said that!

They callange our beliefs. As a result, our complacency.  They are necessary to our growth, and strength as a nation.  

For example.  My friend started arguing for something called womans liberation, around 1969.  At the time, the idea seemed absolutely absurd to me. He was, of course, correct.  This was a long overdue bit of justice, that would never have seen the light, if left up to we conservatives.

I wont list all the things he was wrong about. I don't want to risk writers cramp.  :)  

In the end, I am most comfortable with conservatives at the helm. and Liberals charting course corrections.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Karnak,

You sound amazingly like a Republican there. Maintaining the Constitutional freedoms and decreasing the amount of influence the Feds have on everyday life. Pretty conservative post there and I find that I am in agreement with it all. <S>

Originally posted by Karnak:
I'm a liberal (this doesn't mean Democrat) because I care about freedom and to me freedom means more than the right to own a gun (which I also agree with).

I don't want to see our nation go down the road of theocracy.

There are things that I disagree with on the classic left and things I agree with on the classic right.

I don't want to see a nation in which corporations and the extremely wealth trample on the rights of everybody else.

We the people of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"Freedom" is my answer the the question of "Whay am I a Liberal."
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Jumping Jim
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »
As I have posted before, A liberal is just a radical with 2 kids and a mortgage.

Easymo has it about right I think. Liberals can be thought of as Jimminy Cricket sitting on the shoulder of government. Sometimes you just gotta listen to him, and sometimes you need to get the RAID out.

I consider myself liberal with domestic issues and sorta conservative when it comes to foreign issues. Overall though it seems that the Liberals have a better handle on human to human relations.