Author Topic: Gun Rights Refresher Course  (Read 4286 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Gun Rights Refresher Course
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
Dowding, in the US guns = g00d, nudity = bad  

*I AM THE GERMAN PRESIDENT*

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
But please, don't *insult* the people living in nations with different philosophies,

diddly you santa, that's all you do around here is insult yanks. Why should any point you make be taken seriously.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
Yup Udie, that sums up my thoughts pretty well.  I respect ya in the arenas Santa, but this ain't the arenas mate.

Now for crime stats, after I do some flying I'll go dig up some of (I think it was) Toad's posts.  I seem to recall one thread where, while overall total numbers made the US look pretty bad, but when the percentages were per 100,000 people it dinnae look near as bad, and the US actually looked better than some places.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »

Dowding what's your position on Northern Ireland?

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 12-09-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2000, 10:11:00 AM »
Aw udie, when I do it it's clearly tounge in cheek   .

If I wanted to seriously insult yanks, i wouldn't call them "murderous gun toting evagelical capitalists".

I'd say they were "out of touch with reality, ethnocentric, an egoistic singleminded superficial people with a cross between open naeivity and downright cynicism and a tendency to violence that is detrimental to the rest of the world".

That's how I insult people when my mind is angry. When I am just irritated, usually something more subtle comes out.

So please bear with me for my bb ramblings - they are just that. No pots = no AH, and someone has to take the blame.

And CH, being a yank company, actually dared to send me USED pots - even had soldiering iron on. So, there I have a target   .

If French people dominated this board, I'd be on their case for the fun of it   .

Yay, I am a total pain in the ass. Sometimes I step over the line. Well, *I* have to live with it - you just get the top of the iceberg   .

Next time I guess I must include <this is just a joke></this is just a joke> headers   .

Come on, smile and be happy. I do my best to.   .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 12-09-2000).]

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
I've done some head scratchin' on this gun issue and I've come to the conclusion that people should be allowed to have them. I don't like people poking their nose in my business so how can I justify poking my nose in theirs?

This isn't saying I support guns, especially handguns, I don't. Maybe I'm being idealistic but I don't consider any society "civilized" until such things as weapons are eliminated.

The root cause of this issue is fear. Until folks drop this illusion that there's someone out to get them around every street corner, the guns will stay.

I don't need a weapon myself. I realize fully that no bullet will ever touch me unless I desire the experience.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
cave, our crime stats are still much below yours. I recall the thread and looked it up since I dinnae want to put my foot in my mouth as I usually do  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2000, 11:01:00 AM »
Torque - I'm surprised you even know where Northern Island is. Well done. Those night classes in basic geography must be really paying off. How's the class in English language coming along? Let me know if I can be of any help.

Udie, it's pretty damned obvious that Santa is very much tongue in cheek when it comes to alot of his posts.

<S> Santa, I don't think my post would have been as calm and considered as yours was, considering the provocation. Your standard of English is amazing - do you have English parents or do all Danes have the same language skills?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
Oh I see you flame me and avoid the issue.
Yes the tutoring is coming along fine thx. I will have her home by nightfall.  

Tis easy to pass judgements on others yet hard to look in your own backyard.

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 12-09-2000).]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2000, 02:37:00 PM »
Torque - you make me laugh. At least you keep me guessing; the last thing I expected from you was a request for a serious discussion.

Wasn't it the same Torque who called me a 'dorknut' for no real reason, and also (quite inexplicably) said that my use of Dowding's name was a disgrace?

I will discuss NI, but since you brought the subject up, please explain how the situation there relates to gun control? By the way, you are allowed to use more than four lines.

Cheers buddy.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2000, 05:40:00 PM »
hey thanks dowding <blushes>

I've just had an interest in English since I figured out one could learn by error and most people spoke it  . It's a very peculiar language with lots of subtleties I'll never quite understand - one of the aspects that make it interesting. And all those funny idioms! Gotta love it!  .

Yah, most of my post here are made for the fun of it. I'm serious enough in real life to be a bore at times  .

<S!>

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2000, 06:55:00 PM »
No problem mate, but I'm starting to think you aren't actually a Dane afterall.  

French and German are languages I picked up fairly quickly (can't remember much of it now - too much alcohol in the years since school). But the Scandinavian languages seem really alien to me (even though alot of people over here probably have some Scand. blood in them). From what age do you learn English in Denmark?

In Britain we start learning French aged 11 (far too late IMO).

How do you say 'Hello' in Danish? And 'Hello love, fancy a shag?'. Might come in useful when I move to Denmark to pull all the gorgeous women you're supposed to have over there.  

TheWobble

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2000, 06:56:00 PM »
MY damn point is that if you outlawed citizens owning handguns do you actually think the criminals would not have them anymore?!  To think that outlawing handguns would stop the criminals having them is the biggest pile of stupid toejam i have ever heard.  The only thing it would change is the fact that now the criminals will know that they are safe and the citizens would know they are not!  So to all you folks that think that robbing law abiding citizens of ther rights will make them safe, you are Idiots.  And for all you folks who keep squeaking about crime rates and toejam about the U.S. well stay the hell out!, nobody forces you to come or live here, so if ya dont like it PISS OFF!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2000, 06:59:00 PM »
Yet another gem from the man who gave us, and I quote,

"...its real nice when an american gets kicked out of an american made game on an american service by squeaky gooks." [sic]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
LOL!!

<RAM holds Dowding's hand up>

Winner by Knock Out.... Dowding!!