Author Topic: yo Gunslinger  (Read 122 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
yo Gunslinger
« on: August 21, 2005, 09:22:42 PM »
OK, I'm busting your balls a little in the other thread over spelling, sorry :)

In any case, no the Texas constitution doesn't include any right to secede, and of course it wouldn't make any difference if it did since Abe Lincoln long ago established that the Federal government's military might says Federal opinion rules anyway.

What is true, however, is that the joint resolution of the US Congress that admitted Texas as a state to the US in 1845 (Texas is unique among states in this way, its the only sovereign nation admitted to the union) included a proviso that says Texas may at its option carve out four additional states from within its own territory.

So, once the Mexicans take over we can let 'em have 10 senators instead of 2 ;)

culero (satisfied? LOL!)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: yo Gunslinger
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »
Originally posted by culero
OK, I'm busting your balls a little in the other thread over spelling, sorry :)

In any case, no the Texas constitution doesn't include any right to secede, and of course it wouldn't make any difference if it did since Abe Lincoln long ago established that the Federal government's military might says Federal opinion rules anyway.

What is true, however, is that the joint resolution of the US Congress that admitted Texas as a state to the US in 1845 (Texas is unique among states in this way, its the only sovereign nation admitted to the union) included a proviso that says Texas may at its option carve out four additional states from within its own territory.

So, once the Mexicans take over we can let 'em have 10 senators instead of 2 ;)

culero (satisfied? LOL!)

that's interesting, didn't know that.  Like I said in other threads I'm moving to San Antonio next spring.  I plan to resume the search for my bicycle at the alamo there.

I'm not a complete Texas noob, I did live in Sherman for a little over a year, I'm also a Texas state resident as far as my taxes are concerned;)