hi
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 02:23:54 PM »
WelldoneIcemanveryinformative!

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
hi
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 02:27:20 PM »
TY sir - I just remember how lost i was when I 1st started out so I feel for the new guys, and without the new guys then our game would get boring, imagine only flyin with 20 people on that would suck, its when 5 or 6 hundred are on that it gets fun lol

I have never heard anything about a coupon, don't remember seeing it when I downloaded it, but it was a while back maybe something new, that I haven't seen yet... I'm sure someone else has seen it and will reply bro

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
hi
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »
is it asking for a CPID, that means its wanting to know what you want your callsign or ingame name to be... like mines Iceman24, make something up u like, if u ever want to change it, its not hard, you lose your score for the month once you change names but it can still be done if you put something you don't like... Try not and put something like 88726635 as your callsign, cause when someone gets on the radio tring to tell you theres a bogey on your 6 there gonna have to read out all those #'s and will eventually quit tellin him because they get tired of callin out those #'s, its allot easier for someone to go,"hey Ice check your 6, or hey Ice that bogey is comin back around you need help... than it is to say eight eight seven two six six three five check 6... see what i mean.... you can put #'s in your name, just make sure you pick something that everybody can easily read quickly and translate onto radio quickly... theres nothin worse than seeing a bogey come up on some guy that just wrote saijdfdiews as a name, and you gotta stop thinkin about the bogey behind on top of below whatever and try and say his name over the radio... I think everyone should take that into account, cause theres lots of ppl playing that have funked up names that nobody can say lol all you guys can hope for is a programmed check six ( there is a feature in the game called check 6, and I have no clue what its default key was, I have it on my stick now, but if you see a bogey comin up on someone you just push that button and a lil box will pop up around his name, if you push it once a computer voice will come up on his end saying check six and he'll get a white message on his screen saying your name and check six, if you push it more than once it will switch planes, in case you are flying with more than 2 ppl, I highly recommend you program that to your joystick if you can, makes it easier to do, also never rely on a check 6 from anyone, always be lookin around, its called SA or situational awareness and you can never have enough of it, its all about keeping track of all the bogeys, where there headed, what alt there at, how fast they are going, and then the same to you, how fast your goin, how far away they are, how much alt do u have.... good pilots can keep track with 5 or 6 bad guys circling and loopin around em

Offline MasterOfNone

• Zinc Member
hi
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 02:49:29 PM »
i think it said something about a coupon..not sure though...i will check when i get on tonight.....

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
hi
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 03:45:52 PM »
there are some coupons I guess, but if you don't have one don't put it in.

Its been awhile, but when you sign up, it asks you to make an account with a login name and your email address. Once you go thru that it will send you the "password" for your account, so check your email before you tryu to log back in.... its ussally a 6 or 7 digit number.

Once you have your password, log in again and I think it will ask you to pick a CPID, or ID that everyone will see you IDed as... this is not the same as the login ID, but will be the name your known by in the game....choose wisely  :)

Cya in the air ! and good luck !

oh BTW, I don't think anyone answered your question... the P51 run upwards of 475-500 mph  ;)  We call them RUNstangs
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:48:19 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
hi
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 04:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

oh BTW, I don't think anyone answered your question... the P51 run upwards of 475-500 mph  ;)  We call them RUNstangs

LOL ya know, I was just thinking that :)

I can think of a few reasons why you might not be going as fast:

1.  You didn't raise the gear (G)
2.  You deployed flaps for takeoff, and didn't raise them (they usually raise automatically in a dive or whatnot, but I wouldn't be suprised if in level flight they prevented your speed from getting to a point where they'd auto-retract).
3.  You aren't using full throttle.
4.  You're loaded to the gills with drop tanks, bombs, rockets, and fuel.
5.  Any combination of these.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline MasterOfNone

• Zinc Member
hi
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 05:21:46 PM »
tried all those things.....gear was up...flaps were up and i tried flying with just the machine guns....but im not sure what it was....could be cause i was flying too low or my joystick is what i have read so far...we shall see tonight......any of you are welcome to blow me up if that will help yall out...:)

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
hi
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 05:51:24 PM »
...next question...how do i take off ?  

this a troll or what ?

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
hi
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005, 10:02:51 PM »
The airspeed you see on the gauge is the indicated airspeed (IAS), this is not the same as true Airspeed (TAS).

Indicated airspeed is based on the pressure exerted in the pitot tube. The higher you go, the lower IAS is as compared to TAS. I'd have to whip out my E6B to check, but 250IAS at 20,000 feet may be as much as 400TAS.

IAS is more useful when flying, however, since your aircraft reacts the same (basically) at a given IAS at 100 ft as it does at 20,000 feet. TAS is simply not a good indicator of how your aircraft will respond, IAS is.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
hi
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 11:22:39 PM »
In case this wasn't already mentioned, the p51s currently have a bug where only IAS (should be white needle) is shown, while the higher TAS (should be red needle) is missing.  The difference between IAS and TAS increases with altitude.  The speed you read about in reference books is usually TAS.  

HTC will probably fix this next patch.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
hi
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 05:38:25 AM »
Originally posted by TDeacon
In case this wasn't already mentioned, the p51s currently have a bug where only IAS (should be white needle) is shown, while the higher TAS (should be red needle) is missing.  The difference between IAS and TAS increases with altitude.  The speed you read about in reference books is usually TAS.  

HTC will probably fix this next patch.

Open clibboard and click on E6B. Both airspeeds (ind and true) are listed there.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline MasterOfNone

• Zinc Member
hi
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 08:46:18 AM »
vudak thanks for your help in the training arena last night, i really appreciate it. i learned how to fly faster anyway....still crash like crazy cause i dont have the feel for the planes yet (and i turned the stall horn off cause it was annoying me...lol) but we shall see how it goes in the next few days or so.....thanks again MOFNONE

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
hi
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 09:38:55 AM »
Originally posted by MasterOfNone
vudak thanks for your help in the training arena last night, i really appreciate it. i learned how to fly faster anyway....still crash like crazy cause i dont have the feel for the planes yet (and i turned the stall horn off cause it was annoying me...lol) but we shall see how it goes in the next few days or so.....thanks again MOFNONE

No problem, MOFNONE :)

Like I said though, do try and hook up with a regular trainer.   You'll find them far more qualified and you won't find them stuttering through answers with my oft-used "errs... ums.... lemme check real quicks.... and not sures...." :)

Of course if you have any questions feel free to ask the community at large, as you can see, lots of people remember what it was like to be in your position :D

Also, if you need someone to try out the stuff you learned from your trainers on, just give me a holler.  I'm usually tuned 200 (noticed you're Bish, I'm Rook at the moment).

Anyway, yeah that stall horn does get annoying, but it's, well, pretty necessary, at least in some form...  You can go to the Custom Sounds & Skins forum and try out the different sound packs if you like...  They have different stallhorns that you might like more.  I personally use Waffle's, others use Mitsu's, both are excellent!

!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
hi
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005, 10:20:34 AM »
yeah bud as you get better you'll need that stall horn, you'll start to notice that it actually gets louder the closer you come to a stall and in this game you need any type of help or buzzers you can get, you want to go into preferances tho and disable the stall limiter this is not the same... the only slot I have checked usually is my auto takeoff which I will turn off for carrier takeoffs by just moving my joystick before I launch , turn your tracers off it will help with your aiming, it will make your brain start to memorize shot patterns and angles quicker, also since your not seeing your bullets stream it will make you actually aim instead of "spray and pray" (where you actually hold down trigger and try and move the bullet stream) only fire 1/2 to 1 second bursts... its also very helpful because your enemy cant see you shooting at him until you hit him lol... I fly the P38J allot and can make shots at 1K if i'm dead 6 on someone because of the nose mounted guns/cannon... usually at that range the plane I'm shooting at hasn't even started evasives and thinks that I won't get a good shot until I get to around 400-500 area, if my tracers were on and I shot at him at 1k and missed he would see my bullets go by and start evasives making him much harder to hit, an enemy that doesn't know your shooting is much easier to hit :)  And keep hookin up with ppl like Vudak they can teach you allot of cool stuff, I'm Bishop also, I will  be on tonight if you wanna do some winging, got xtreme air racing league tonight in SEA ( special event arena ) but before and after that I should be on if you wanna work over some nitwits and rookies ( knights and rooks )

Offline MasterOfNone

• Zinc Member
hi
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 07:47:28 AM »
i dont want to start a new thread, so i will just put this here. i have a question about diving....i will get up about 6,000 ft. or so and be flying around (trying to get some practice) and go into a dive. to my dismay, i will go into a spin or roll or something. sometimes i can pull out of it if i nose the plane down and pick up more airspeed to work out of it. more often that not, i crash and burn...lol....any suggestions??...TY MOFNONE