Author Topic: Enemy CVs and radar  (Read 725 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:34:08 AM »
Allow enemy task force groups (CV groups) to show up on base radar.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 10:47:45 AM »
Could you not combine all your radar posts into one?
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:09:46 AM »
Well, yeah....but it was right after I finished posting one that I thought of the next.  Plus, I thought it might be more benficial to let each idea stand on its own (which is why I didn't just edit the original).

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 02:40:19 PM »
Bese radar cannot pick up object below 200 ft AGL. How is it supposed to see ships on the ocean surface?

Not sure what your other post meant but I assume you want to get rid of BarDar.

Now you want base radar to show Task Groups.

So in the 1st you want to fly high alt attack missions that will not be detected until you cross the base radar circle making any effective intercept unlikely.

In the 2nd you want task groups to show on base radar so you can bomb them before they have a chance to attack you base.

AM I missing anything?

Just sounds like more avoid/limit the fight ideas to me.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:40:05 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Bese radar cannot pick up object below 200 ft AGL. How is it supposed to see ships on the ocean surface?

Not sure what your other post meant but I assume you want to get rid of BarDar.

Now you want base radar to show Task Groups.

So in the 1st you want to fly high alt attack missions that will not be detected until you cross the base radar circle making any effective intercept unlikely.

In the 2nd you want task groups to show on base radar so you can bomb them before they have a chance to attack you base.

AM I missing anything?

Just sounds like more avoid/limit the fight ideas to me.

Yeah, I would say you are missing a lot.

First, in one of my posts I suggested radar that was effected by terrain.  Right now the 200 AGL thing is just sort of a waste.  In truth, it does what you are trying to accuse me of: give people the chance to be invisible..

Second, no, I mentioned nothing about the dar bar.  I was really talking about eliminating the dar that lets you see dots all over the map (friendly, etc).  I think the dar bar is useful.  However, I also suggested remote radar bases that could be used to monitor enemy movement and could be killed.

Third, if a CV is so close that it is showing up on radar, but no one is launching a cap/maning the guns to protect it...to bad, so sad.  Honestly, how you see this as me wanting to kill the CV before it can fight back is beyond me, but oh well...Anyway, seeing a CV would be more likely to create a fight that it would be to avoid it or stop one.   I know if I am at a base and a CV tries to slip by, I am going after it.  I also know if I am in a CV near a base as soe one is coming to get it, I am going to up and defend.

Forth, and final, this is a wish list...not a ridicule and criticize forum.  You want to piss in your own cornflakes, go ahead...but stay out of mine :D

Seriously, I know I wasn't that clear, but I was writing these at work and didn't have a lot of time.  I think you missed what I was saying, but my fault again because I didn't put it in one post.  Anyway, looking for ways to make things more interesting without stopping the fight.  Just suggesting minor changes to the playing field, not stopping the game.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 10:15:19 PM »
I would like to see a surface search radar at any base that has shore batteries. This would detect a CV battle group out to a range of about 24 miles or so. really anything beyond that  isn't worth the trouble, and the ability for longer range wasn't there for the equipment in WWII. Not enough power in the early magnatrons that were being used.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Enemy CVs and radar
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Yeah, I would say you are missing a lot.

First, in one of my posts I suggested radar that was effected by terrain.  Right now the 200 AGL thing is just sort of a waste.  In truth, it does what you are trying to accuse me of: give people the chance to be invisible..

Yes, I also thought this was inaccurat but I'm not sure how they could coad it. They would have to take into account every terrain feature between every plane and the nearest radar. Could be to much processing IMO.

Second, no, I mentioned nothing about the dar bar.  I was really talking about eliminating the dar that lets you see dots all over the map (friendly, etc).  I think the dar bar is useful.  However, I also suggested remote radar bases that could be used to monitor enemy movement and could be killed.

Yup, did not understand what you were saying. I think the only thing you see all over the map is friendly location. Which, I believe, is done so you can tell where your countrymen are operating. More of of an informational thing than actual radar.

Third, if a CV is so close that it is showing up on radar, but no one is launching a cap/maning the guns to protect it...to bad, so sad.  Honestly, how you see this as me wanting to kill the CV before it can fight back is beyond me, but oh well...Anyway, seeing a CV would be more likely to create a fight that it would be to avoid it or stop one.   I know if I am at a base and a CV tries to slip by, I am going after it.  I also know if I am in a CV near a base as soe one is coming to get it, I am going to up and defend.

Well, with Radar only operating above 200 AGL I don't see how this would work. Seperate radar than plane radar? It's not to hard to find a CV if they are attacking a base even if planes are not above radar. You just gotta go looking for it.

Forth, and final, this is a wish list...not a ridicule and criticize forum.  You want to piss in your own cornflakes, go ahead...but stay out of mine :D
[/b]
Well, some people think that any form of criticism is ridicule, I don't. A lot of "suggestions" are made here that, IMO, would seriously affect the already lousy game play that occurs in the MA at times. There are just too many player in the game now that if you give them another way to end the fight they will. Also, it always helps to know why someone is asking for something.

BTW: I don't eat cornflakes.

Seriously, I know I wasn't that clear, but I was writing these at work and didn't have a lot of time.  I think you missed what I was saying, but my fault again because I didn't put it in one post.  Anyway, looking for ways to make things more interesting without stopping the fight.  Just suggesting minor changes to the playing field, not stopping the game.

It may not be YOUR intention to "stop the fight" but the result just may be that it does. I can pretty much assure you that if CVs were put up on radar at the outer edge of the radar circle, base captures via task group would nearly cease to exist.