Author Topic: Troop Movements  (Read 786 times)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Troop Movements
« on: August 24, 2005, 08:12:28 PM »
It would make it interesting if troops could be dropped off, and picked up by other aircraft or vehicles.

For example, if a load of troops could be taken from a rear field, and transported by air to a base or spawn point then dropped off.  Then picked up by others to be taken to a field for capture.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
      • http://catzman.blogspot.com
Troop Movements
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:56:01 PM »
That is something I have thought about and think it would add a lot to the game in general.  It also would create problems for everyone!  Just when you think there are no troops to be had to take your base, there they are, that's a lot like reall life.:aok

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Troop Movements
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:13:14 AM »
Over the past week, have watched one to three people do nothing but fly a fast plane, low under radar, to field after field and kill troops in one or two passes then auger.  If they find this fun, that's good with me, they are kind of fun to shoot down:)

I think we need to maybe tell our troops to not sleep all day in the barracks.  Maybe take cover when the air raid siren goes off.  It just seems a bit too easy to kill troops.

For the MA, this is fine.  It would be good to give the attackers a counter move to be able to transport troops to the front line.  Troops could be positioned to be ready for a field capture.  Kind of like the way supplies work for GVs.  One person drops them, others can pick them up.  

This would help the timing of the troop drop needed to capture a field.  It would make long rides in the Goon less frustrating.  It would also promote team work to do a field capture of a defended base.

Gunner
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 09:22:46 AM by GunnerCAF »
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Troop Movements
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 09:58:54 AM »
That's kind of a good idea Gunner! I get sick of having to find troops sometimes 2 sectors away just to get shot down right when you get tot he base because the CAP is gone.  Along the lines of troops being too easy to pork, your right there as well!  They are way too easy for anything with cannons or small ordnance to take them down.... To make myself happy I just take a set of buffs and pork the nmes troop bases... let's see them bring troops now!! :rofl
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Troop Movements
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:09 PM »
Agreed, troops are far to easy to kill.

I thing we need a few bordellos so these guys who have no life will find something more interesting to do other than fly around for hours porking troops.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Troop Movements
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 10:37:20 PM »
Who are you to wave your finger?