Author Topic: Set up for X45 Saitek  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Fry

• Zinc Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 03:53:09 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662

Or, you could do it the easy way; ditch the profiler and do it like a normal person in AH. The stick doesn't require any of the software to work.

"...normal person..."?  I guess that rules me out .  

Thanks for that tip about unmapping everything and I may try that if I get a chance.  But right now, I happen to have all of them mapped within AH as you mentioned and it's working fine.

This whole profile thing isn't really a big deal as my stick IS working as I'd like.  I just wanted to see if Saitek's stick software could offer me any advantages over the standard AH mapping.  I didn't find anything really, so I'll probably just stay with AH's own mapping:)

Offline Dr. Gonzo

• Zinc Member
Thanx SNO
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 05:38:34 PM »
Tried the setup you listed and I think it works pretty well.  The only bad thing is I can't use that as an excuse for getting shot down all the time.

I've been out of AH for almost a solid year now, rough going getting back to it.  Is it just me, or is it extremely more difficult to hit something in the AHll?

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »
How does the setup work with the rocker rudder?

Also SNO whats your main ride that you made the setup for?
Or do you find it works well with just about any plane?

Thanks

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 06:59:21 PM »
Dr. G, it is harder to hit things in AH2. Try setting your convergence to 375 and don't shoot until you are within that range.

Elyeh, I use this setup for all planes. When I used the rocker rudder I set the rudder just about the same as the roll and pitch but just a shade lower at the 0 band and then working the way up. The deadband on the roll is set just a shade higher to keep the gv guns from moving on their own, I leave it there most of the time although for planes setting the deadband lower is more ideal.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 11:12:39 AM »
Something else you might want to think about is changing out that stiff stock spring that comes on the X45, I used a shock spring off an RC truck and it works wayyyy better IMO... my hit % went up about 2-3% once I switched springs makes it allot easier to make small adjustments

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »
SNO
after using it awhile, I find it much harder to blackout
while this may sound like a good thing, it seems it takes much more movement of my stick to get the plane to react
guess I am just use to it with my original settings
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 06:03:23 PM »
Eagler that is the main reason I set mine like that, when I first started I was jerking all over the place and blacking out on top of it. From going with the sliders all at the top to this setup I can see where you would find it like having to jerk the stick all the way back to get any movement. Try moving the 0 slider up about 1 1/2" and then look at the graph and move the other ones up to get a smooth curve. Maybe that will put the sensitivity back your looking for.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline CptHowdy

• Zinc Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 08:37:05 AM »
Originally posted by SNO
Here is how I set mine up with the X-45 and CH pro pedals

http://home.comcast.net/~sshoe/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2393285.html
http://home.comcast.net/~sshoe/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2393286.html
http://home.comcast.net/~sshoe/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2393289.html

Hope this helps

SNO,

I'm anxious to try the setup but I'm a bit confused about the first link photo above.
Is that one for rudder or roll?

Thanks!!
Luck had nothing to do with it. Neither did skill. I really have no idea what did have to do with it. What was the question again?

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 10:39:57 AM »
I've been using the CH pedals with the X45, but for some reasons the pedals crapped out.  For now, I just went into AH and programmed the stick there until I get my pedals back and can go back to my .dat file.

Question:  You guys who only program the X45 in AH - are you able to get the rotary wheels to work?  In my .dat profile, I use them for trim, but they don't seem to be recognized in the AH set-up area.  I'm talking about the two wheels on the throttle part....

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 11:07:19 AM »
You have to calibrate the rotaries first in AH (roll them in AH's joystick calibration), then set them up in the joystick selection.

edit: Still had a pic of selecting 'em stored.

I use the profile editor for the buttons but I haven't mapped the rotaries in it, I've set the rotaries as trims in AH.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005, 12:44:19 AM »
Panzzer,
Thanks for the info. Now that you pointed it out to me, it seems like it should have been obvious how to do it.  Must have been suffering from a brain  fart or something...
Thanks again!

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2005, 03:32:09 PM »
CptHowdy, that is the rudder, look in the upper left of the dropdown in the pic and it says which axis it is showing.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2005, 05:03:37 PM »
Actually, SNO, it says Roll in the first pic (as well as in the third). So you have two pics for the Roll-axis... ;)

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »
Hmmmm, I just clicked the links that cpt posted and they were rudder, pitch, and roll ???? dunno. If anyone is getting same thing Cpt and Panzzer are seeing lemme know I can email em to ya if ya want.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Set up for X45 Saitek
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2005, 04:14:33 AM »
In that first pic, it actually does say rudder, but there's also the dropdown box open with roll selected in it. Might confuse someone (me for example :)). However, reading the caption should make things clear.