Author Topic: V1 for bomber perks?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:19:36 AM »
Maybe we could add an option for V1s, as unmanned "bombers"?

The "pilot" could choose the launching base, and click on target much like is now done with the land mode ship gun. Inaacuracy would increase with range, speed and alt would be invariable, and course would be linear and unchangeable.

Would only be practical for towns and strats. If intercepted and shot down (another fun thing to do!) would count as deaths to launcher. Damage done to structures would count as buff points, but if they hit without being shot down they wouldnt count as deaths.

Thoughts?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:50:37 PM »
I'd prefer the air-dropped V1 with the He-111 to go with it!

Point the plane in the right direction, set the bomb's 'flight time', and drop it.

Or maybe the Mistel: A Ju-88, converted to a flying bomb, with a Fw-190F bolted to the roof. Fly it to target, trim it into a dive, seperate and away it goes. 3-tonnes of explosive fun!
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 09:05:36 PM »
the problem with the V1 is that it was wildly inacurate. all you could realy hit would mabey be strat targets. anything else would take lots of luck. the mistel bomb might be more effective and you could fight your way out but i like the air launched V1 cuz then we would get the He-111.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »
I wanna fly my V1 to target!! Seriously, would be a blast...literally!!!!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 12:03:30 AM »
you cant. they were guided by gyroscope.

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 12:47:20 AM »
actually this group of luftwaffe who were very brutal almost  as much as the SS(am i correct are they the brutal german army guys?) who flew v1s and were high on meth when they went to do that(so they would have no second thoughts only " KILL THE ALLIES!" same with japanese kalmikazies)

methamphetamines were invented by the nazis. wow all the GREAT things we got from WWII huh?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 01:13:38 AM »
Originally posted by Billy Joe Bob
actually this group of luftwaffe who were very brutal almost  as much as the SS(am i correct are they the brutal german army guys?) who flew v1s and were high on meth when they went to do that(so they would have no second thoughts only " KILL THE ALLIES!" same with japanese kalmikazies)

methamphetamines were invented by the nazis. wow all the GREAT things we got from WWII huh?

See, I can do it..neener neener!!@!@!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 01:20:32 AM »
they were used in extremely limited numbers because german society didnt accept that sort of attack. also the piloted V1 was notoriously difficult to fly. this is due to its origional pourpose: to fly in a perfectly strait line to the target.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 01:24:10 AM »
SMIDSY, why you gotta be raining on my parade???:(

I can dream can't I? Dream of a day when I can ride a rocket bomb all the way into target. I suppose next you'll tell me a B29 with a nuke isn't a great idea!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 02:55:37 AM »
oh i think that is a good idea. but it should cost about 70,000 perkies and you lose those perkies if you drop the bomb. and the normal b29 should cost about the same as an AR-234.

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 08:45:33 PM »
there was also desperate kalmikazie air to air on b17s. the germans would crash into the wing of a b17 and IF they survived they would bail and get ripped apart by the .50 cals.these attacks were also fueled by meth.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 04:40:34 AM »
V1 for perks would be cool. As for accuracy, give it the possibility to be shot at towns/strat targets only and model it as a player was launching 10 V1s at the designated target and 1 to 8 would reach it.

Also put a limit of V1 launches per country and hour depending on fuel used (distance) and put in a new strat target, V1 launch site.

Good idea.

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 12:27:35 AM »
mabye the v1 launch site coukd be an actual base  a little ways away from the front lines.

Offline Bad31st

• Copper Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 12:28:53 AM »
V1's would be cooollll...I can't wait to tip them off course with my Spitty..:aok

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
V1 for bomber perks?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 06:50:53 AM »
This is sounding better alll the time....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad