Author Topic: 2 X-45's, same Computer?  (Read 198 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
2 X-45's, same Computer?
« on: September 01, 2005, 08:31:33 PM »
I recently purchased one of the re-conditioned X45's to have as a back-up.  However, when I plugged it into the machine, the profile editor, etc. would not work saying that I needed to "plug in a Saitek Game Controller."  
I then installed the drivers and SST software that came on the CD with the ReCon.  X45, and everything appeared ok.  Next I selected my "AHII.dat" file that I use for flying in Aces High - nothing would work.  Puzzled, I plugged in my old one and tried the same thing - it wouldn't work either.  I've tried the .dat files with both of the X45's, and it appears that the profile editopr or something is not reading them correctly, because none of them will work at all.
For now, I've resorted to manually setting all the buttons in the AH joystick mapping area, but I miss being able to use the 3 different modes in the SST software.
Any ideas why you can't switch two of the same joysticks and have them both use the same .dat files and other settings?

BTW, I also downloaded the newest drivers and SST software from the Saitek website.  I've posted basically the same question on their BBS, but no responses yet.  (Seems weird, but when I do a search for "Aces High" on the  Saitek BBS, it comes up with nothing.  Seems like as many people here that use the X45 and X52, there would be some mention of AH on it...).
Thanks for any help!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
2 X-45's, same Computer?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »
it *might* be because each X45 has a different "code" inside it, which is sending the saitek software crazy when you swap them?

I dont really know the answer though, sorry.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: 2 X-45's, same Computer?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 08:43:25 PM »
I'm using two joysticks ATM with no issues. It took a few tries of hitting the apply or ok buttons for the settings I wanted to take.

Both are Saitek:
Main: Rumbleforce
2nd: Cyborg EVO

I modified the spiky EVO into a "gas pedal", its only function is for throttle and it works great.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
2 X-45's, same Computer?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 09:44:51 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
it *might* be because each X45 has a different "code" inside it, which is sending the saitek software crazy when you swap them?

I dont really know the answer though, sorry.

I've used 5 X45s on the same software/driver install before.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
2 X-45's, same Computer?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 10:55:18 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
I've used 5 X45s on the same software/driver install before.

Gosh! We have a flying octopus here :huh

For what you could use a five x45 sets? All needed sametime?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
2 X-45's, same Computer?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 11:23:54 PM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
Gosh! We have a flying octopus here :huh

For what you could use a five x45 sets? All needed sametime?

I wish. :D I've killed 6 X45s, not including the one I have now. Rock on Best Buy and their $15 dollar insurance plan...That's what, $285 they lost on that deal? :rofl
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.