Author Topic: G W 's Speech  (Read 605 times)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
G W 's Speech
« on: December 13, 2000, 08:33:00 PM »
Not the best speech, but covered what needed to be covered.

Help is definitely OTW for our friends who serve us all in the military  It is our nation's responsibility to provide you with the best as you have provided the best for us.  I hope those who are currently considering leaving will take a second look before that decision is made.  You are needed to rebuild what has been torn down.

I hope the Pres-elect will move forward, with speed, to enact all that he has promised in the campaign.  I hope he reaches out as he has said he would.  I hope there are those on the other side that will reach back.  

Only time will tell if it is possible.

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
G W 's Speech
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 08:40:00 PM »

Will post after speech is made

Uhh... yeah... that would probably be...uhm... smart.

On the otherhand, lacking the facts has never stopped ya from posting on something before  

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
G W 's Speech
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
Laura Ingraham at FOX gave it a B minus. If she says it, I'm rubber stamping it. I think I'm falling in love with that lady...  

Gunthr
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
G W 's Speech
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 10:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by 1776:

Help is definitely OTW for our friends who serve us all in the military    It is our nation's responsibility to provide you with the best as you have provided the best for us.  I hope those who are currently considering leaving will take a second look before that decision is made.  You are needed to rebuild what has been torn down.

I hope the Pres-elect will move forward, with speed, to enact all that he has promised in the campaign.  I hope he reaches out as he has said he would.  I hope there are those on the other side that will reach back.  

Only time will tell if it is possible.

Since am ex military and all.... you have some seriouly misguided vision about what's the state of our militry 1776.
The only help that is otw is billions of dollars for Lockheed, Ryaton, Boeing and every other corporation that contributed to the politician's campaign.
If you need an example - look up few deals involving Gingrich and Lott over last few years.

Also, look at the statistics. Clinton gave highest pay increases to military in the recent history.

Mitilary torn down ?
You mean like demobilising things that went into the Persian Gulf ? I have a new for ya, Dick Chaney started that....

As for the 15000000 soldiers/5 carriers/40000 tanks and other fantasy numbers myth floating around - it's an absurd statistic taken out of context.

Military structure is heavly Republican. From generals down to most officers - they are in most cases republican. Visit places like Citadel and you'll see why.
Officer corps in the military does not change with a president every year. It remains the same.
And it is that officer corps right now that is far more responsible for the precieved degradation of the armed forces - then any president.

In my 4 years in the USN, i can count of one hand number of officers ( junior or senior ) who lead by example. Very few of them deserve respect, while most of them are quite convinced that they should have it ....

Don't blame Clinton for military. Blame high brass. General Colin Powell anyone ?

PS: I'm very disappointed that death of Admiral Boorda is unexplained. I guess his style didn't sit well with someone in the brass....

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
G W 's Speech
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 10:20:00 PM »

It was a great speech-200 yrs ago when Thomas Jefferson first made it!

Bush is a mindless cretin who will sell us out to big business-just like Ronald Reagan did,you may not agree so I`ll save a copy of this to repost in 4 years.

LJK Raubvogel

G W 's Speech
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2000, 11:24:00 PM »

Originally posted by fd ski:
Since am ex military and all.... you have some seriouly misguided vision about what's the state of our militry 1776.
The only help that is otw is billions of dollars for Lockheed, Ryaton, Boeing and every other corporation that contributed to the politician's campaign.
If you need an example - look up few deals involving Gingrich and Lott over last few years.

Also, look at the statistics. Clinton gave highest pay increases to military in the recent history.

Mitilary torn down ?
You mean like demobilising things that went into the Persian Gulf ? I have a new for ya, Dick Chaney started that....

As for the 15000000 soldiers/5 carriers/40000 tanks and other fantasy numbers myth floating around - it's an absurd statistic taken out of context.

Military structure is heavly Republican. From generals down to most officers - they are in most cases republican. Visit places like Citadel and you'll see why.
Officer corps in the military does not change with a president every year. It remains the same.
And it is that officer corps right now that is far more responsible for the precieved degradation of the armed forces - then any president.

In my 4 years in the USN, i can count of one hand number of officers ( junior or senior ) who lead by example. Very few of them deserve respect, while most of them are quite convinced that they should have it ....

Don't blame Clinton for military. Blame high brass. General Colin Powell anyone ?

PS: I'm very disappointed that death of Admiral Boorda is unexplained. I guess his style didn't sit well with someone in the brass....

I can't comment on the Navy. I've served in the Army from 1989 to present, so I've seen the change from the Cold War army to what we have now. I don't know what is to blame, but it's not the same service I enlisted into. And it's more than numbers that I'm basing my opinion on. The overall quality has dropped IMHO. I point my finger at the outrageous number of peace-keeping missions we have had to perform in the last 8 years. I don't have the hard numbers, but basically, the Army has had more major deployments in the last 8 years than in all the years since WW2 combined. The fault for that lies squarely with the current administration.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
G W 's Speech
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2000, 03:33:00 AM »
Heh blame the end of the cold war and subsequent cuts in military on Clinton.

Oh well, I guess we'll go back to what we're used to - seeing the US administration as a huge military bully making its influence through threats with moral double standards.

Will be fun  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
G W 's Speech
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2000, 11:41:00 AM »

Bush is a mindless cretin who will sell us out to big business-just like Ronald Reagan did,you may not agree so I`ll save a copy of this to repost in 4 years.

I'm for sale.  I actually approve of capitalism.  Or they are for sale.  I like the fact that a company must make a product that pleases me enough to pay for it.  I do not want to pay 300% gasoline taxes, I do not want to have to buy a permit to watch television.

You can imagine yourself being vitcimized by big business, but I've still yet to see people forced to give money by anything except government.