Author Topic: need help to start playing  (Read 436 times)

Offline bilog

• Zinc Member
need help to start playing
« on: September 04, 2005, 10:41:25 PM »
hello,

use to play this game & now getting ready to come back but everytime I'm trying to play offline to practise my comp restart all of a sudden . this happens after hmm about 10 minutes on playing it ... any suggestion to fix this ???:huh :(

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 07:43:19 AM »
The more info you post the better the answer you'll get. Give some specs' like operating system, cpu, ram, video card and so on, or you could post the read-out from a DirextX run.

Does your computer do this with other games? How long ago did you play this game before. If it been a while your computer may no longer be up to it, there is alot alot more to the game graphic wise than before.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:16:53 AM »
Bilog take a look of the minimum requirements listed on the "home" page.
Those are really bare bones minimums.

If you're running an older system, be sure your DirectX updates are current (9.0c) is the latest. Turn off any non-essential programs in the icon tray before booting up AH.

You might also post your question, along with your system specs, in the hardware/software section of these boards.

Good luck

DmdMax

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 12:40:57 PM »
Computer restarting coould even be the dreaded virus or maybe some spy or addware. Definately get up do date files for those and run them to make sure the system is good. When the weather is good it's not a bad to take the box outside and point the leaf blower at it to blow out all the acumulated dust.

As mentioned though, we need some more specifics to help.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline bilog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:07:40 PM »
never mind fellas ... I figure it out ... only I can't find the button you suppost to use to see arrows from your base to where your tank can be deployed.. any of you can help me with this .. Im good to go ::))

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
Right mouse click on your radarmap, the default view on clipboard the ESCape key. Select Vehicle Spawns and the yellow and purple lines should be displayed.
If it doesn't goto your gun convergence and see if the different colored lines are displayed there.
If they aren't it's most video driver related. What video card and what driver version are you using?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline bilog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 11:18:24 PM »
got it fuse thx ...:rolleyes:

Offline red300

• Zinc Member
restart
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 05:29:35 AM »
An obvious cause of this can be reset due to the cpu overheating
do you have an alarm for cpu overheat? I know mine has rebooted a few times by itself because of cpu overheating playing
aces high. Check in your bios to see if you can set an alarm for
overheating.

Offline red300

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 05:32:36 AM »
Ohh yeah forgot to mention the cause of my overheating was
dust/fluff clogging up the fins in the heatsink for the cpu you
prob wont see this until you take the fan off it.:)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 08:03:31 PM »
Sounds silly but at least once a year I take my box outside and blow air into it to clean it out.
You can use a leaf blower or even compresed air if available.
I wouldn't use the cans of air you can buy because you need more than that will supply, not to mention it's expensive.
Stand back because you'll be surprized how much will come out the first time.