Author Topic: Lord, save me from religious people.  (Read 1956 times)

funked

Lord, save me from religious people.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2000, 11:04:00 AM »
No.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2000, 11:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by Mighty1:
Funked does that mean Atheist are NOT Americans?

they are semi-Americans, they are allowed to live in NY or CA only  

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2000, 12:04:00 PM »

Have you ever noticed how adults will listen to a three year old tell about his invisible friend and think it's cute?

And then an adult will tell about his personal relationship with Jesus and no one laughs?  

-towd_

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
i do , loud and often

funked

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
He said "adults", Tawrd.

TheWobble

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
I think people like god a little too much,
If you read history You will find that GOD is the leading casue of death.  Millions and Millions of amazinhunks killing eachother because told them it was a good idea.

"Do you believe in God?"  "NO!" BLAM!!!

"Do you believe in god?"  "Yes!" " oh...do you believe in MY GOD?  "no"   BLAM!!
"MY god has a bigger dick than your god!"

It has been this way for as long as time, and the one thing everyone should thank god for is keeping overpopulation under control.

Religion is wierd and very goofy most of the time, even in the mainstreem ones, you always see athaletes thanking god when they win, however when they lose you dont see them shooting the finger straight up.  If you are gonna give god credit for everything good that happens you have to admit that god kicks ya in the bellybutton from time to time aswell.

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
Thats just ppl finding an excuse/motivation to kill other ppl.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2000, 11:15:00 PM »
Anyone that is not an agnostic is not a real Canadian.
Well my goverment said that anyway. But Im not sure if its true or not.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2000, 05:44:00 AM »
Toad: I believe it sets a BAD example when a president of a country excludes his fellow citizens from being citizens (even in thought) when he's a president of a country that has a separation between the state and religions.

Imagine if he had said "no, Christians aren't real Americans because it is one nation under Chtulhu". One would think "Christian persecution" Roman style.

Not only atheists are not to be considered Americans; all non monotheistic religions are suddenly invalid. If such a statement does not worry any American who believes in the American principles then something is wrong.

Btw  , just what does atheist have to worry about  (other than normal stuff)? We live, die and are recycled into the universe. Pretty cool if you ask me. Too bad  the parts that used to be me can't say to parts that used to be a rock "yeah, back in the late 1900's, I was alive baby" and impress the hell outta it  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2000, 12:31:00 AM »
"One thing that the US (in theory) has over Denmark is separation of church and state."

Sorry seperation of Church and State in Denmark happened several hundred years ago.
Yes, you could say that Denmark has a state-religion, but that was only because no other religion was exercised in Denmark. With the influx of foreign cultures over the last 30 years, that's slowly changing..it's not too long ago religion-education in schools was changed drasticly to accomodate that.
You used to "Christianity"-classes but that was changed to "Religion"-classes and now teaches about all world-religions.

But yeah..the Queen has to say "Gud bevare Danmark"..otherwise it wouldnt be right :P

Ex-pat

Daff

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2000, 06:52:00 AM »

Too bad the parts that used to be me can't say to parts that used to be a rock "yeah, back in the late 1900's, I was alive baby" and impress the hell outta it.

I think the ex-rock parts would probably have an even more impressive past. "Before I was a rock, I used to be parts of a big badass dinosaur with lots of sharp teeth and really bad breath" or something like that.  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2000, 07:04:00 AM »
Daff, the official religion in Denmark is Evangelical Lutheran I believe. Every Dane is born into the Folkekirken and you have to request to get out of it from, guess what, a state run institute (folkeregisteret if I am not mistaken).

There's a church tax of 1 per cent or so that's deducted from everyone who's a member of the church and an active cooperation between state and church. We even have a church minister. I am not sure what you're referring to but it seems to be a technicality at best.   .

How's England compared to Denmark? Sort of same system (only FAILED)  .

juzz, lol! Excellent point  

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 12-24-2000).]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2000, 07:05:00 AM »
bah the church (and I mean the controlling institute of ANY religion) has always been nothing more than the world's first and longest lasting mega-corporation.

too bad the anti-trust laws dont apply to them...  

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
I think that the automatic inclusion into the church and church tax was more out of practical reasons than anything ...you can very easily opt out of both. Was it a state religion, I'd like to claim that you might be able to opt out of the church, but not the tax! ...but yeah..splitting hairs here ...just dont think you can call it a "state-religion", as you arent forced into it and the church has absolutly no power.
(The official religion, perhaps).
I have absolutly no idea of it works here in England

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group
"This is Yardstick. Follow me"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
The entire tone of this thread bothers me.

Kinda strange that most of the family shots I've seen on Gore have all involved him going into a church, yet GW Bush disturbs you because of religious reasons?

As far as hating the "church" goes...  I've never seen the need.  There are members of the church I can't stand.  But, low and behold, there are also members I love.

Maybe its the "categorize everyone the same" aspect that gets me.  Or the "us vs them" aspect.  Whatever it is, it smells bad.

AKDejaVu