Author Topic: Bug free update  (Read 1452 times)

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
Bug free update
« on: September 08, 2005, 08:58:51 PM »
I think that is currently the biggest wish on everyones mind after the 2.05 update today.:mad:
We all pay to be BETA testers, don't ya love that?

SCDR

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
Bug free update
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:11:40 PM »
yes 15$ to ''TEST'' new things unplayable...i second your :mad:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bug free update
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 11:22:01 PM »
All online games that are continuously developed are in effective persistant beta.  If you don't like it, never play an online game of that kind.  This means things like Aces High, World War II Online, EverQuest, Warbirds, World of Warcraft, ect, ect, ect.

This is not me being a fanboi saying this, this is me the "refugee from the high tech industry" saying this.  I've been there and I know how it works.

They got some server settings wrong.  Big whoop.  It'll be fixed tomorrow.  $0.50 is nothing if you're even slightly employed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
Bug free update
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 02:21:31 AM »
Retired and unemployed here. Just with the other updates, the bugs were not as bad as this one. So we get to "vent", does it hurt anyone? No. All you "old timers" need to chill a bit when us noobs vent. :)

SCDR

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Bug free update
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 07:33:19 AM »
Originally posted by SCDR
Retired and unemployed here. Just with the other updates, the bugs were not as bad as this one. So we get to "vent", does it hurt anyone? No. All you "old timers" need to chill a bit when us noobs vent. :)

SCDR

Get a part time job so the 15 bucks doesn't hurt you so much. 20 hours of "paper or plastic" and you are good to go. EVERYTHING costs more a month than AH. Beer, Cigarettes, cable, movies, pool, stripclubs, cocaine, weed, prostitutes, slot machines, lotto, your mom, pony rides, the state fair, the Florida Aquarium,  my mom, taxi cabs, Burger King, wine, phone service, gas, Ebay, Cheetos, and Get Fuzzy Calendars to name a few.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Bug free update
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 07:47:56 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
stripclubs, weed

HEY!! dont go bashing the good things :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Bug free update
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 10:48:33 AM »
Actually this is the first minor version step that was largely and on a big scale beta tested, at least the first since 2.0, with optest1- optest4 afaik. Thats 4 test versions.

However it turned out to be the unluckiest patch since the mess with the untakeable bases. Thats live, they will fix it and it will work after it.

So, this version had a REAL beta test and was somehow still bugged, which shows us that beta tests wont solve the bug problem and if we wish improovements in the game we have to accept some minor problems that come along with the changes. Probably they rushed out the release since last week a new version for this week was promised.

cu
schutt

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bug free update
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 12:04:34 PM »
dont subscribe then.

boo hoo.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
Bug free update
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Get a part time job so the 15 bucks doesn't hurt you so much. 20 hours of "paper or plastic" and you are good to go. EVERYTHING costs more a month than AH. Beer, Cigarettes, cable, movies, pool, stripclubs, cocaine, weed, prostitutes, slot machines, lotto, your mom, pony rides, the state fair, the Florida Aquarium,  my mom, taxi cabs, Burger King, wine, phone service, gas, Ebay, Cheetos, and Get Fuzzy Calendars to name a few.

:rofl Not b****ing about the price. My retirement holds me over just fine, so far.

SCDR

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
Bug free update
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
dont subscribe then.

boo hoo.

And yet another famous qoute from one of the "old timers" of AH.
First of all, sir or lady, I was making a smart*** comment. I now see you "old timers" can't take ANY criticism about AH, without making a comment like that.:rofl  It is so funny, it really is. Sad too.

SCDR

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Bug free update
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
While we are on the subject bombs need to explode when you hit them. Even FA3 had that. when i played it awhile back I was in a P-38 with 10 cannon rounds and a hard trigger pulls worth of MG left, came in on a TU-2.

Only thinking to ping him up with single rounds I fired one shot, watched the tracer go all the way into the 500kg bomb under his wing and blowed him the hell up.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: Bug free update
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 02:19:04 PM »
I think that is currently the biggest wish on everyones mind after the 2.05 update today.:mad:
We all pay to be BETA testers, don't ya love that?

SCDR

you also pay $100 to beta test MS windows XP :p
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bug free update
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 02:24:15 PM »
And yet another famous qoute from one of the "old timers" of AH.
First of all, sir or lady, I was making a smart*** comment. I now see you "old timers" can't take ANY criticism about AH, without making a comment like that.:rofl  It is so funny, it really is. Sad too.

SCDR

I was making a smart arse comment too, half in jest. To be honest, i didnt even read all of your posts or people's follow ups.

Maybe you need go calm down and go play something a little less stressful for your retirement, you have any barbie dolls?

:aok
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bug free update
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 03:59:23 PM »
First of all, sir or lady,
SCDR

Hairball is a GIRL@#@#@
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++