Author Topic: BF like Hot keys  (Read 501 times)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
BF like Hot keys
« on: September 12, 2005, 01:14:11 PM »
Battlefeild style help keys.

Rather than someone typing "Alert 1", which can easily be missed, a player at base 1 hits the "alert" hot key at which time the clipboard is updated to reflect a more exact SITREP.
Perhaps the base icon then becomes a flashing red "A" for 3 to 10 min. Rt clicking on the base gives you stats reflecting the player /time of the Alert, or if several players have asked for help at that base.
Other hotkeys could include things like like need resupply, help, enemy plane / boat spotted... all which would be updated on the clipboard with icons that time out after a short period of time, or if the request has been taken care of.

It's a copy of the way BF does things, yea, but its very effective.. you can just glance at your BF map and see whos asking for help, where the E was recently spotted, who needs supplies (ammo).

I'd really like to see... Player1 hits his "Need resupply" key, I see the request on my clipboard and 2x click his icon, that creates a personal mission, or 'goal' that I'm going to try and accomplish... successfully responding to the aid of a teammate earns mad perks.

Stats would reflect missions attempted, landed, failed, kills, deaths...

Offline wylieboy

• Copper Member
BF like Hot keys
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:55:50 PM »
they should have hotkeys good idea

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
BF like Hot keys
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 09:09:11 PM »
No, I'm old.

I can't learn anymore.

I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I'm lucky I can get my postal code right. Please don't make the only thing I can do right impossible for me.

Thankyou.

RTR
The Damned