Author Topic: Responsibility  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« on: September 13, 2005, 03:00:08 PM »
Interesting.

So I guess contrary to some opinions in here Bush thinks the Feds acted poorly.

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and that the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9324891/
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Responsibility
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:02:08 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Interesting.

So I guess contrary to some opinions in here Bush thinks the Feds acted poorly.

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and that the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9324891/

No, some of us believe ALL levels of Gov't acted poorly. That is contrary to some  that believed it was ALL Bush's fault.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 03:04:39 PM »
Yep. They all get to wear the clown hat; local, state and federal.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Responsibility
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 03:39:42 PM »
That's what gives a person credibility, to stand up as the person in charge and take responsibility. Good PR move if you ask me
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Responsibility
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
That's what gives a person credibility, to stand up as the person in charge and take responsibility.

As my 2003 signature points out....

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Responsibility
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 03:53:25 PM »
I'm glad Bush has taken responsibility for the Feds response.  He needed to...

"I take responsibility", are three words I doubt you will hear from the Mayor or Governor..

They're too busy try'n to figure out how to make buses float on water...

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Responsibility
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 04:13:05 PM »
Blanco's behavior in this disaster is inexcusable. She is acting like a spoiled child. Mary Landrieu has used it as a politcal soapbox. She reminds me of a political robot with no human feeling.
Nagin made mistakes and I think he's to the point of admitting them.

The headline should've read " Bush admits mistakes while the rest of the clowns sit in denial."

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 04:39:11 PM »
Well good for him.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Responsibility
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 04:50:40 PM »
Hmmm, well...

...not being one to criticise foreign heads of state, I found this cartoon interesting in today's Torygraph. - http://www.telegraph.co.uk

I can't comment on this newspaper's opinion of W, but here is an earlier cartoon.

No comment from me - maintaining my impartiality.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Responsibility
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 05:00:25 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
Blanco's behavior in this disaster is inexcusable. She is acting like a spoiled child. Mary Landrieu has used it as a politcal soapbox. She reminds me of a political robot with no human feeling.

The headline should've read " Bush admits mistakes while the rest of the clowns sit in denial."

As time goes by things will get sorted out as far as responsibility goes...

The Congressional Research Service (CRS) issued a report Tuesday afternoon asserting that Louisiana governor Katherine Blanco took the necessary and timely steps needed to secure disaster relief from the federal government, RAW STORY has learned.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Nonpartisan_congressional_research_report_finds_Louisiana_governor_took_nece_0913.html

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Responsibility
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by BTW

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Responsibility
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:40:39 AM »
Originally posted by soda72
I'm glad Bush has taken responsibility for the Feds response.  He needed to...

"I take responsibility", are three words I doubt you will hear from the Mayor or Governor..

They're too busy try'n to figure out how to make buses float on water...

Yes and my point is that those were words we havent heard from Bush ever..............
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 10:13:33 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
Yes and my point is that those were words we havent heard from Bush ever..............

Bush on Katrina response: 'I take responsibility'

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government, and to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do it's job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Responsibility
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 11:08:13 AM »
Originally posted by BTW

I thought the were sitting in the Mississippi.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Responsibility
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 11:34:04 AM »
Prime Minister Martin took responisbility for the ad scam scandal up here.  He then said that once in inquiry into it is completed he was going to hold a federal election.

Besides saying the words what has Bush actually put on the line.  If there is an impeachment hearing into his actions vis a vis FEMA and it's involvement in NO etc.  Is it to be construed that he has in fact already "plead guilty"?