Author Topic: I like 45 ACP!  (Read 973 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2005, 09:55:22 AM »
gto... not had much experiance with taurus but... why not just get a good L frame Smith if you like .357?

I know one of the front site instructors in Nv.  good guy.. fun to shoot with and... he likes glocks and 1911's

Glocks... Where I work at least 5 police agencies use the range... I have seen and heard of some really catastophic glock failures.  Jams are not all that uncommon in the .40 with hollowpoints.

Mav is right... it's what you like so long as it is reasonably accurate and trouble free in YOUR hands.... I never liked colt or sprigfield 1911's unless they were about wore out... My Kimber has about 6,000 rounds through it and is still tight as new (very tight indeed)

Glocks feel awful in my hands... just terrible and cheapo...  I shoot for fun... glocks are not fun.  I don't care if it is possible for me to shave a tenth of a second off my 5 guy double tap routine with one over my kimber... never gonna happen or matter in any case...  

Every time I pick up one of my revolvers or the kimbers or even an HK or sig... It is a pleasant thing... the glock leaves me cold..

That is not to say that I would not feel well armed with a glock..I would and would be grateful to have it in a bad situation.

There is just a lot more to gun ownership and shooting than what the glock can give me.

All around.... the glock is my last choice or... very near the bottom... that does not mean that I think it is not accurate or dependable or well designed.... it is all those things yet.... manages to be less prefeable than some lesser guns at the same time.

but... that is just me.   I am glad they make glocks.... if a million new shooters are new shooters because of glock then I would buy one just to support them.

lazs

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
the best round for handguns is the 44 mag...  it is the best balance of power and weight and recoil every made...  It is not for everyone tho...  It is easy to reload for and can be loaded for anythiog from plastic bullets using only primers for power to loads with well over a half a ton of energy and everything in between..

lazs

Primers only for power? What's the muzzle velocity for a load like that? What's it sound like?

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2005, 01:29:39 PM »
never a fan of glocks..i did not liek the balance and feel of glocks

I shto a TActical HK .45...wow that thing was sweet ...makes my ruger 9 mil feel liek crap

I have just got a Springfield 1911 match A-1...love it

also having the wheel gun in .45 autot is sweet too

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2005, 01:31:53 PM »
it is for plastic or way bullets and the primer powers the "bullet"  the plaxtic ones are reusable and can be loaded without tools other than something to poke the primer out of the plastic case...  they are not loud and can be fired indoors... at close range they will wreck sheet rock tho.

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »
They actuall make a .22 caliber bullet that fires only by the force of the primer.

It's very quiet, even for a 22.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2005, 07:27:19 PM »
I was thinking of picking up a .44 mag, to take with me when I go wheeling in remote places. Thinking ruger.

The .357 is a for work budy, he wants one so he can shoot .38 special as well.

Be his first hand gun and he wants it to be wife friendly.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
I like 45 ACP!
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2005, 07:31:40 PM »
i'll take 38special or 357 anytime over 45acp,

seen 45acp ricochete off unbacked paper targets b4 25 degrees.

and too much compensation needed for bullet weight and lack of velocity.