Author Topic: NoRadar while flying  (Read 762 times)

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
NoRadar while flying
« on: September 17, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »
Ok about having radar in flight i think its anyoing. In real life all they had was maps not radar in their planes. So i think we should keep the map on the clipboard but no radar dots (except for friendly). This is sopposed to be a simulator so why have radar in flight? you can have radar while in tower and maybe have some stay in tower and transmit where ur location is to the enemy's.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:35:58 PM »
They have said that the radar on the map is representative of ground control radar directing the pilot to the enemy. It's actually less accurate than real ground control radar because THEY could tell you altitude of the enemy.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 03:50:47 PM »
then get rid of the lamearse darbar, oh yeah thats suppost to be the sheep stampeding from the noise of the aircraft warning the populace that enmy planes are there,, cuz them sheep are trained to listen for enmy plane engines and distinguish them from their own countries.... and them sheep can swim..hence the darbar in the middle of the "oceans".

this game with ZERO element of surprise is well.. just boring.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »
What I would find boring is searching forever for ppl to fight. As this game moves farther away from a pure air battle to a land grab type game, without the dar all you'd have is hordes sneaking around to bases capturing them. With things as they are now, you can see the horde coming and put up some resistance.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »
i think we need a new bar dar, the bore-o-meter.

the higher the bar, the more fun the fight is.  it would be calculated by measuring - the number of fighters without ordnance, the average altitude of fighters and the number of kills taking place per minute.  To avoid the bore-o-meter registering vulchathons, it should calculate the attacker/defender ratio and take this into account, aircraft on the ground should be disgarded.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 08:05:22 PM »
This is supposed to be a simulator to some degree.  

However, it also needs to entertain an adequate number of people, over the long term, so as to maintain the game's financial viability.  Experience has apparently shown (as I would expect) that removing radar makes it very hard to find people to fight, and frustrates players, who then leave the game.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
NoRadar while flying
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
Furball that's the most eloquently written BS I have ever read Well Done :aok