Author Topic: General Cpu Utilization  (Read 247 times)

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
General Cpu Utilization
« on: September 17, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »
back to the topic of programs running in the background... I have tons of stuff running and i dont know what i can stop inorder to make AH run better..  Does anyone know what some of the major system hogs that i can stop?

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
General Cpu Utilization
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:50:59 PM »
get a program called FSautostart.... itll walk you through which you can turn off and which not, AND it will start up AHII, and then restart all the programs when you exit AH.

Balsy

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
General Cpu Utilization
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:30:31 AM »
warping.... out of control warping... thats all i can say.  Its starting to kill my AH experience.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
General Cpu Utilization
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 10:30:34 AM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125603&highlight=autostart Has the link for FSautostart. Great little program for shutting down services on XP to streamline your rig. Once installed you can click on services and as you mouse over, or right click....can't remember which it is... it will give you info on the service and weather or not you can/should shut it down. Very easy to use, and if you shut down something you shouldn't  and your computer crashes.... No Problem !! Just restart your computer and all the settings go back to what they were BEFORE you messed with it !

Most people get there services down to about 10- 20 things running in the back ground.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
General Cpu Utilization
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:10:35 AM »
thanks, ill give it a shot.