Author Topic: 2 G-14s (Update Pictures)  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
2 G-14s (Update Pictures)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
I think it looks pretty good

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 11:07:34 AM »
Perfect!

If I ever skin 109s in those RLM colors again, I'd use those colors as a reference Bruno.

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 12:50:26 PM »
The thing about 81 / 82 / 76 is that RLM banned the use of 74 / 75 in favor of 81 / 82 in late Aug '44.

Most of the factories producing 109s continued using the old colors until they ran out of stock. Most of the aircraft were assembled from pre-painted parts. This why you sometimes see mixes of various paint combinations on the late 109s. Not to mention the fact that many field units also re-camouflaged planes according to what they felt was necessary or had on hand. You can see this among Fw 190 Schlacht units for example(most Fw 190 Fs were still in the old RLM 74/75 camo).

There is no general rule for RLM colors late in the war. Basically you'd need specific data on the plane you wish to paint to make any plausible comments. Even then the tones and variations of the colors are as numerous as there were people mixing the paint. There is plenty of room for variations and 'artistic expression'.

Now on the AH's 'darkeness':

For some reason I need to set my gamma in AH to .6 (that' 6), I hear most others commenting on how dark AH is and them having to lighten (+1.0 gamma) the game up.

On the machine I play AH on I have a Radeon X800pro, 24" widescreen lcd. I calibrated the colors using adobe gamma and the auto test feature on the monitor.

For FB/AP/PF I use 'smart shaders' to give the game a more toned down look. Rather then bright green terrain its more subtle etc...

In AH I don't use them, just reduced the gamma to .6.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 03:18:03 PM »
Most modern large-resolution LCDs are far too bright. The white is too radiant white. Try calibrating your "bright" levels with the gamma when you get some time. Find a greyscale from black to white (a gradiant or something) or use the image that comes in your video card properties as a base (somtimes its a smiling girl holding a flower, I've seen that a lot, my current one is of a jeep on the beach with a blue sky overhead).

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 03:28:21 PM »
I did that with adobe gamma and the Monitor itself has a manual or auto adjustment...

You can go here to do a check as well:

Color charts

scroll to the buttom of the first page...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 07:04:17 PM »
I know I've got a relatively well balanced monitor and vid card, because of the way everything looks. If I up my brightness any more my monitor looks like crap, whites become glowing bright whites.

Well using that gradient image, I can't see the difference between black1 and black2, and only after looking at it for a second can I see a slight difference between black1/2 and black3. If you can see black1 and black2 your monitor might be a tad bright. That's just going by my standards, mind you.

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 08:08:57 PM »
In any of those gradient test you should see sublte changes with each segment. As I said I use 2 other programs to calibrate my monitor. If your whites are 'too white' that's an issue with contrast not necessarily with 'brightness' or 'gamma'.