Author Topic: What they didn't steal, they trashed....  (Read 651 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
What they didn't steal, they trashed....
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 04:57:19 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
This is a problem not only in NO, but across the whole of America.

Didn't the Vandals and Huns and Barbars sack, rape, pillage, and loot?

It seems when society breaks down for any reason similar behavior has been common throughout history.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 08:19:15 AM »
It would be racist to round up every black in the area and imprison or hang them...  to point out that the looters, by and large, were black is not racist.   It is a fact.

If I were black I would be condeming those who looted.   I would not want to be associated with them... If you defend them you are tainted by them.

lazs

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 08:26:05 AM »
The sad thing is the looters have hurt recovery. There are stores that should be open right now but are not because they were stripped bare and some set on fire. If any of these people can be identified on video, they should be imprisoned for years. These looter have directly created some of the suffering going on right now. They looted a damn barber shop! Stole all the chairs!

Thankfully, a few businesses were guarded and looters were met with m16 fire. So we'll have some grocery stores. We wouldn't have them had the looters be allowed to continue pillaging the city.

On the good side, its going to require a little more work to live in New Orleans. Most conveniences will be gone for a long time. I think people who feel some entitlement won't want to live here anymore. No one will be able to make the excuse "I can't find a job." You can't walk three feet without bumping into a job now.
If there is any good to come out of this, its that New Orleans will be a working city again instead of a cesspool of laziness and drug warfare.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:32:26 AM by BTW »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 08:41:48 AM »
No one is defending looters. But if you think they looted BECAUSE they were black then you are probably a racist.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 08:42:17 AM »
In south central... the store owners that defended their stores with firearms were not looted.

lazs

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 08:44:53 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
The sad thing is the looters have hurt recovery. There are stores that should be open right now but are not because they were stripped bare and some set on fire. If any of these people can be identified on video, they should be imprisoned for years. These looter have directly created some of the suffering going on right now. They looted a damn barber shop! Stole all the chairs!

Thankfully, a few businesses were guarded and looters were met with m16 fire. So we'll have some grocery stores. We wouldn't have them had the looters be allowed to continue pillaging the city.

On the good side, its going to require a little more work to live in New Orleans. Most conveniences will be gone for a long time. I think people who feel some entitlement won't want to live here anymore. No one will be able to make the excuse "I can't find a job." You can't walk three feet without bumping into a job now.
If there is any good to come out of this, its that New Orleans will be a working city again instead of a cesspool of laziness and drug warfare.

That's because they were probably raised to put "themselves first" and be selfish.   Not because "they are poor".   Excuses won't work in this case.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 08:49:56 AM »
Who is they?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 08:55:58 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
No one is defending looters. But if you think they looted BECAUSE they were black then you are probably a racist.

What if you think they were looting because of the culture they've been raised in? (White, black, yellow, whatever...)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:58:24 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 08:56:20 AM »
The looters?

lazs

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »
What do you call it when you don't show the looting or try to justify the looting because of the race of the looters? Stinks of racism to me.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 09:12:08 AM »

DING DING DING

Winner!!!!

Any bozo who thinks that there is some sort of looting gene in black people is an idiot.

Example:

Recently as the Israelis were leaving Gaza there was a dispuite over some irrigation plants and houses that were going to be problematic in terms of the fact that they were valuable assets which were going to be "given" to the Palestinians.  

Sooooo, a group of Jews in North America got together and bought the assets and then handed all legal title to the Pals.  It was theirs...free and clear.

The next thing that happens is bitter in fighting amongst the Pals.  The police lose control over the situation and the assets were looted or totally destroyed.

It ain't a black thing...it is a human thing.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 09:14:42 AM »

Regardless of Race, Religion, Creed, Sex.  Looting is a Punishable Crime, depending on the value of items STOLEN, it is a FELONY.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005, 09:49:32 AM »
I remember listening to this interview while somewhere on an interstate hwy and wondering if I had a home..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168684,00.html

>>COLMES: I understand. I don't want to get off track here. I want to talk about the issue of going and taking things in a tragedy like the one we're seeing on our screens right now.

Are you saying — and I think it's all right to go take water or food to feed your family when there's anarchy. But what about taking televisions? What about taking things that you can't even plug them in. Is that the same thing?

WATKINS: Well, if you define looting as going into someone else's turf and taking something that doesn't belong to you, you can argue that we're looting in Iraq right now.

COLMES: You're not answering my question about is it OK to take a plasma television?

WATKINS: What I'm saying is that you can't point the finger at these people that you've been calling looters and all these other things.

<<