Author Topic: 109G6 vs 3 P51Bs. What should I have done? (Film)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109G6 vs 3 P51Bs. What should I have done? (Film)
« on: September 19, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/Krusty1vs3.ahf

I think I made a good fight of it, I had to pass up attacks because it would have left me vulnerable (the only advantage I had most of the time was a little bit of alt, and I lost that a couple of times).

Let me know what you think, and what I should have done instead of what I did to get killed.

P.S. I died, and was a bit irked by that, but after a second's reflection realized it was a damn good fight, from both sides.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 01:45:41 PM »
that was a great fight.

IMO you needed to attack with more aggresion. the first time you open fire on one pony you pull off to gain alt.  there is one chasing you but if you had followed the first one your flight path would have not been easy to intercept for long. the pony would not expect a 109 to drop its E and latch on so you would kill the first and hopefully have enough time to possistion for the now climbing second pony.

after this you fought well, a few moments when you had a chance but needed a little more control to get the nose on.

also in the 109 imo you need to cut the throttle completely to initiate immediate turns, then power up depending on the situation.

also remember that ofter the lower plane has more advantage than he thinks. so in an un-even fight i will always be low as i can after the first few turns.

make them come to you.

you did some very nice ropes also, just again, bad luck or slight misjudgments of speed and angle take your guns just off.

maybe try to play with you stick settings to fine trim the rudder for gunnery.

overall nothing was wrong, just you wernt top off your game that fight maybe.  it was a 3 on 1 remember, not chicken feed.

well flown
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 02:23:55 PM »
How would you suggest "fine tuning rudder" in the sliders? I've already got it starting low and then curving into a steep grade about halfway in.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
depends what stick you use i geuss.

i've got a saitek cyborg and it needs a little deadband, maybe 2mm from the left for each slider on rudder, elevs, aileron. damper is no good at all for my stick so i leave it off for all.

i also use the default sesitivity scale .

if your stick is cheap do a recal in windows everynow and then and also in the game itself. when in the game calibrate for a minute at least to move the stick through slow and small rudder movements to the full lock, and same for x/y axis.

on a good stick, its should be less important.

MS sidewinder is the smothest twisty stick fo gunnery in AH i have ever used.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »
I have a non USB Sidewinder. I usually calibrate "relatively often" meaning at least once a week.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 02:47:49 PM »
man i have one too, i loved it so much, MS sidewinder pro, the first ever. its still in great condition but i need a new sound card with 10pin jack to use it.

maybe you just need to refine your moves a little to get the nose on target more then i geuss.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 02:54:57 PM »
Getting nose on target still presents challenges for me. Sometimes I hit a stride and can snapshot anything anywhere, but sometimes I just can't.

I suspect only part of it is hardware related.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:20:59 PM »
looks like you had plenty of opportunity to end the 1st pony's day a few times, just missed. That would have taken the fight to a 2 vs 1 where you would have had a way better chance, just missed...That's my achilles heel too, I can get into position over and over but tend to miss the 1st pass or two... gettin better though

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 03:34:43 PM »
How long has it taken you to "get better"?

I've got a slight advantage when in the G6 as compared to the F4 and G2. Up until AH2 I couldn't fly the F4 or G2 (I honestly had no idea what all the gushing was about) because they stalled 101% unstable on every axis, and when I wasn't on auto pilot I literally couldn't stay level in any situation or circumstance (long story, but this is all true). Then in AH2 the code was redone, 109s got better roll rates and seemed to actually *fly* for me, so I learned how good the F4/G2 were after AH2 came out, but I had some G10/G6 experience dating from waaaaay back.

*sigh* been flying since AH1 came out and I still suck (:lol)

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 04:22:35 PM »
although if you choose to run gondies,the g6 is the best of the 109's to choose, they all perform alot better without them. was great fight but you missed several easy shots after having set them up ,acm  vs gunnery ?which is most important? ther were several instance where you were 1.5 out and slightly above the nearest pony,i find that to do a hard right aleron roll while mainting full right rudder will most often than not allow rapid reversal and closure on the persuing con.
1. he isnt expecting you to reverse
2. your forward airspeed    decreases
3. con is trying to climb to you
4.it almost always allows for a quick shot to the upper front of the con.Overall though was good flying!:aok

JB12

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 04:34:19 PM »
How long has it taken you to "get better"?

I started playing AH2 about 8 months ago something like that, but I played AW back in the day and Microsoft combat flight sim. So I started with allot of flying knowledge. And ACM's and stuff like that I have picked up from different players, I try and go to the DA or TA for 20-30 minutes each time I go to MA and just practice gunnery. I used to get really frustrated until Pellik told me to switch off my tracers, it helps sooo much, it helps train my brain to remember plane/shot locations and how much lead to give a target... Also another problem I have and I know allot of people are on both sides of this, I play on dialup vs highspeed. I have spoken to numerous players that know way more than me about computer tech. and they say that dial up DOES make it harder to shoot accurately, I wish I had DSL so I could compare it lol    2 months ago I was shooting about 2% with a .33 k/d ration, now up to 6% with a 1.35 k/d... slowly but surely gettin better

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 04:40:06 PM »
I played on dialup at first then went to DSL for about 4 months,wasnt as much lag ,but couldnt tell awhole lot of difference myself. I now live in a very rural area where DSL isnt offered and I've been back on dialup for the last 6 months. To be honest I dont see that much difference even though some complain about this or that I just always remember that the con is 200 closer than they appear.
JB12

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 05:33:18 PM »
Do I get any extra points for blasting Jedi25 mere seconds after he nailed me good? :P

That vertical overshoot was unplanned but I gave him a nasty hit as he passed me.

EDIT: I added this because I never really noticed if I hit him hard or not, he was under my nose and I only saw a single sprite. When I go check it out in the film viewer I rake him from stem to stern, hit his oil pretty good, knock out a flap and an elevator, and hopefully gave him a PW (not sure).

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 07:32:24 PM »
All I can say is LoL... :rofl

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
Salute to Krusty
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 07:45:22 PM »
S~ , KrustyK..awesome flying....   :aok