Author Topic: Sweet mamma jamma! (new 109 pics)  (Read 865 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Sweet mamma jamma! (new 109 pics)
« on: September 22, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »
Sweet Imhotep's Ghost! New G2 pics!!!

EDIT: In the updates forum says G2, on the newspage says G6.

EDIT2: Righteous skinning, Airmess :cool:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:09:37 PM by Krusty »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »
That Bf109G-6 looks nice.  Very nicely done on both the model and the skin.  These newer models are looking a whole lot better now that you are getting your legs under you for AH2 standards.  Thanks for the work and, erm, how about a Spitfire? :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 05:28:35 PM »
Yep, how bout teasing us with a screenshot of a clipped wing Spit LFXVIe? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:29:41 PM »
wow 109's cokpit is complete!

btw ERLA HAUBE cockpit style for 109G-6 is replaced similar to 109G-2

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 05:30:12 PM »
HT knows that will just put you into spasms Dan, so he's being nice and holding off as long as he can.

It would be sweet though.

:D

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 05:43:33 PM »
SWEEEEEET.

Yup back to the older canopy version :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:46:41 PM by Wilbus »
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 06:13:04 PM »
Yup back to the older canopy version

Maybe that means a G-14 may show up in the future.

With no G-10 (real G-10) maybe they will model a G-14/AS. A little slower on the deck then the G-14 due to the DB603 supercharger but much better at altitude and very similar to a G-10 up high. Which may be needed in ToD since the first theater with be 8th AF.

Messy did a good job on the skin. One complaint I have about AH2 is the lighting always appears 'dark' other then that it looks real good.

I wonder if any of you ATI guys use any 'smartshading' to help correct some of the lighting / color / contrasts in AH?

For those wondering what I mean is here is a link to a Simhq thread about 'smartshading':

For ATI chaps: SmartShaders

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »
Seems like there's something missing on the tail of both of the new 109's.....can't quite put my finger on it, have to go look at the HISTORICAL pictures to try and jog my memory.....

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 10:16:50 AM »
Is it artwork depicting someone beating a dead horse?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 10:41:56 AM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
Seems like there's something missing on the tail of both of the new 109's.....can't quite put my finger on it, have to go look at the HISTORICAL pictures to try and jog my memory.....

While you're at it you should also do some research into German laws and the depiction of said missing thing.  German laws which, coincidentially, this international game must comply with.  Given that you like to go look things up.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 11:06:27 AM »
They should put the big black and white mug of Kurtius Tankus in all my Fws then I should be covered well with the guardian angel of the leathery beings from the sky :D

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 11:07:23 AM »
When do we get HDR lighting to the 3D models?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 01:18:05 PM »
Well there are some radio antenas and stuff missing. Not sure if these wires exist on any other plane in AH at the moment, G10 has something doesn't it?

Dora has got a radio antena extending downwards.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »
I remembered what's missing!
(I don't know what all these references to dead horses and German laws are about, maybe some people are a little too quick to jump to conclusions...?)
Anyway, on all the pictures that I was able to check on the 109's, whether they had a tall post for the antenna wire behind the canopy, or the loop antenna, there was a small post on top of the tail, just in front of where the rudder attaches, for the antenna wire to attach to.  This seemed to be there whether or not a wire was actually stretched back to it.  Maybe it's just the poor resolution on my monitor, but I don't see it.
Anyway, back to the show!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Sweet mamma jamma!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 02:07:33 PM »
The earlier 109 had a tall antenna mast right behind the cockpit from which the antenna wire ran from to a small nub on the tail. the new AH 109-G has that.
 The later 109 had a loop antenna right beind the cockpit but no nub on the tail as there wasn't a wire running there now. The new 109-K has that also.

As for "seeing" the actual wire? IMO that is hugely overmodelled "feature" in games. In real life the wire is not as think as your wrist or forearm and you'd only see it when really close up. Nothing you'd note much of in flight. But in some of these/sims/game (see IL2) it looks like some dammed intercontinental undersea cable strung about thier planes.

Nice try.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:12:01 PM by Westy »