Author Topic: The Price of Justice?  (Read 997 times)

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
The Price of Justice?
« on: June 29, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
Over $18,000,000 US dollars was spent of taxpayers money to defend Timothy McVeigh.  :mad:

I hope the low life piece of toejam is enjoying his eternity in hell, just think, we could have wasted at least another $2,000,000 dollars if he had been sentenced to life without parole.

Of that cost $6,700,000 was paid out to his defense attorneys. <blood sucking parasites>

Our legal system took a wrong turn somewhere IMO.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by jihad:
Over $18,000,000 US dollars was spent of taxpayers money to defend Timothy McVeigh.   :mad:

I hope the low life piece of toejam is enjoying his eternity in hell, just think, we could have wasted at least another $2,000,000 dollars if he had been sentenced to life without parole.

Of that cost $6,700,000 was paid out to his defense attorneys. <blood sucking parasites>

Our legal system took a wrong turn somewhere IMO.

A wrong turn? Why should one person be exempted from a very important part of our legal system? It doesn't matter what he did. As soon as you start creating exceptions, you set a precedent for more. This is a democracy here, and it should never, ever be compromised, even for the sake of a cold-blooded murderer like McVeigh. Neither should our justice system.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
Agreed.

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
This is a democracy here, and it should never, ever be compromised, even for the sake of a cold-blooded murderer like McVeigh. Neither should our justice system.

You don't think our legal system hasn't already been compromised?

Why should the taxpayers have to foot the bill for something a terrorist does?

The wrong turn I'm referring to is the fact we've enriched attorneys due to the tragedy in OKC, out of the horror comes instant wealth for the blood sucking parasites - if thats not a turn for the worse what is?

The judicial system in the United States is a joke.   :mad:

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
This is a democracy here, and it should never, ever be compromised, even for the sake of a cold-blooded murderer like McVeigh. Neither should our justice system.

The wrong turn I'm referring to is the fact we've enriched attorneys due to the tragedy in OKC, out of the horror comes instant wealth for the blood sucking parasites - if thats not a turn for the worse what is?

The judicial system in the United States is a joke.    :mad:

Two reasons.

#1: Why compromise it further?

#2: Timothy McVeigh was not a terrorist until it was proven, no matter how clear it was in the minds of most that he was. Because of this, another important part of our legal system, my statement above stands.
As soon as we set a precedent for someone being guilty before it was proven, we open the door for the destruction of our freedom.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »

The judicial system in the United States is a joke.    :mad:

Blood sucking parasites? They have to live as well. And this is something that has to stand - McVeigh had a right to an attorney. He exercised it. If the bill was so high, well, then we should move the system along faster.

But compromise this? No.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
Where did these numbers come from?

I'd guess that many of these costs would have occurred regardless of McVeigh. Lawyers, law enforcement, prison, courts, etc, etc. are all paid.

Did the judicial system go over budget because of McVeigh? I rather doubt it. This money was spent before he ever showed up.

I'm far more pissed off about the $1.3 BILLION we are sending to South America for the drug war.

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Sandman_SBM ]
sand

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2001, 11:21:00 PM »
Those are the defense costs for the trial, the news media reported the governments tab <investigation and trial> minus defense costs were $82,000,000!

$100,000,000 total to execute one sleaze bag = many happy parasites.

Another example of a government/judicial system run amok.

Jeez I'm beginning to sound like a ratpublican.   :p

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2001, 01:11:00 AM »
$18,000,000?

The feds are pissing away $64,000 a second.

18 mil is just 281.25 seconds (4 minutes 41.25 seconds) of what the feds are grinding.

I'll bet you a dollar that the Presidential Blow Job had cost us much, much more.

Does it make you feel better?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »
The cost was outrageous, but a drop in the bucket compared to willie's (another slick willie) average settlement.

Here is the way our legal/justice (for some) system is headed:

Willie Gary

His lawsuits are typical of what is wrong with many of today's "lawyers" and the un-informed juries they select. His settlements are in the "BILLIONS" not millions.........many with a common theme..
 http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0%2C1199%2CNAV47_STO55937%2C00.html
 http://www.accessatlanta.com/partners/ajc/newsatlanta/coke/0712.html
 http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20010314/ap-maris-suit.html

May 11 -- "Ad deal links Coke, lawyer in suit".  Both the Coca-Cola Co. and plaintiff's attorney Willie Gary are denying a linkage between Gary's role as a lawyer in the current high-profile race bias litigation against Coke and the company's just-announced agreement -- financial terms not disclosed -- to become a major advertiser on a cable channel of which Gary is part owner.  Last month amid fanfare the Florida lawyer arrived in Atlanta on his private jet ("Wings of Justice") to assume representation of several of the original plaintiffs in the much-publicized employee litigation against the beverage company.  "I want a settlement that's fair and just," he said then.  "I don't come cheap.  I think big, real big."  On Tuesday Coke announced a major five-year deal to buy ads on the fledgling Major Broadcasting Cable Network, which Gary helped launch and of which he is chairman and chief executive.  Gary says his clients are aware of the deal and says, "There's absolutely no conflict. We're not friends. We're business people. Coke is not giving me anything. ... It's goods in exchange for service. ... No way this is a conflict.'"  

A sometime fund-raiser for the Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH coalition, Gary is best known in legal circles for the ruinous $500 million verdict he obtained in a Jackson, Mississippi courtroom against the Loewen Group, a Canadian-owned funeral home chain, in what had previously seemed a routine commercial dispute (see our editor's account).  Last week he announced that he was demanding nearly $2 billion from the Burger King Corporation on behalf of Detroit restaurateur La-Van Hawkins, whose UrbanCityFoods business has not fared as well as expected in its operation of franchised hamburger units.  Gary's entry last month into the Coke case came at a time of unpleasant back-and-forth charges between some of the employees who were first to sue and class-action lawyers who had worked to assemble their and others' complaints into a suit on behalf of the company's entire black workforce, led by Washington, D.C.'s Cyrus Mehri, of Texaco fame (our account of that one), with the Mehri camp saying the individuals were holding out for too much money for themselves personally as distinct from the class, and a PUSH coalition activist, Joseph Beasley, countering that under the settlement anticipated from the class action the "lawyers get all the money" while "the black community is left high and dry".  
---------------------------------------
Now he's sueing the oil company's for BILLIONS about something, it goes on & on..

All these lawsuits do, is drive up the cost for us, the "little" people, while lining the pockets of the lawyers & their firms..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
The Price of Justice?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
I agree
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.