Author Topic: WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....  (Read 3787 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....
« on: June 17, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
With not a mention of when the UK release is due i have finally crumbled and ordered 2 copies of WW2ol today by courier!  :D
One for a friend who will be very pleased dont you think?  :)
costs a fair bit but i cant be without some form of online war any longer  :D

AH will have to stay on hold for a while longer.Those that recommend a break from AH now and then are right!.I sorta miss it now but ive got other games to try for a while like Grand prix legends for serious testing/racing (online) and Action halflife for a touch of madness  :D

<S> those i know ,will try AH again in a month or so i think  :)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
Operation Flashpoint should be hitting the shelves over there next week. Check it out

:D

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »
S!

Yep..Operation Flashpoint is released in Finland next week!22.6. or something.Gonna grab my copy of it  :)

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
Operation Flashpoint?...that is in wich date?...1985?

I like 109s and 190s, not MiG29s, thank you  :)

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2001, 07:39:00 PM »
hey i em a next to go from AH probably  no reazon to stay there , DONT wont to fly niki or italian planes i dont wont to fly alied or RAF planes   i dont wont to fight with 190 a  hog becose 190 was not made for this and hog was not used for this , must be some reason why !

many lw got away  Oficialy of corse we can coem back in other calsign  if we got tu much bored

i know , is it a whine , ARE u not whin u NOTWHINERS when 190a5 was not corectly set up ?

yes many of you are oportunist , any beter plane is it just what you like , not me !

prek are useles  TA suxx you say 190d9 is beter  , but still not beter from pony so why to replace for perk instead of pony ?

who care about LW fan customers ?

was OFline about 5 month i payed but not played after 2 years of playing this game , well dont think is it reasin to suport , if they not suport us  why to due it ?

will i get ban  for that ?
 is it a big mounth or just a true ?\

nothing eternal if u not care about it so  Pyro HT plzz can u give some Hope for Historical arena where  people who prefer  soemthing diferent what AH propose now get also the god time ? surely oportunist will never there they will stay in Ma

most off all Online games get some HArdcore arenas and servers where the Gameplay propose hard conditions and biger rewards  if Historical arena vorks at that way  it wwll be inaf people  to use it

once again HT or pyro plz can u give some hope  ?

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
OK heres a question for the FDBs... how many beers does it take before Minus starts to make sense?

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2001, 09:19:00 PM »
Understood him  :D

He wants a HA, nothing more, nothing less  :)

EDIT: No beer needed :D  just a fine whine er wine.

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2001, 11:40:00 PM »
From what I understand Operation Flashpoint isn't going to be much of an online game.  The netcode isn't so hot.  Your supposed to play it offline.

Hans.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
Welp, its still hazy, so I better have another beer.

Gordo

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2001, 02:49:00 AM »
Gawd, only one thing going on in Ghosth's brain and that's Operation Flashpoint! You're addicted man!  ;)

Bring the HA to AH!  :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2001, 06:04:00 AM »
Operation Flashpoint netcode is not going to be optimized for the european release, but they are already working on it, since there will be dedicated server support in September.

I got a review copy a couple of days ago and it definitely is inmersive  :)

It is not a sim though, and it has simplistic handling for all aerial units... it's still a lot of fun to play.

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
minus... there were a few Hogs in the ETO but the reason there weren't more was due to availability, they were needed in the PAC.  If germany wouldn't have folded like a cheap card table under a fat lady then Hogs could have come over from the pac to slaughter german planes.. Be very glad that Hogs were not available.   The -1 is a 190a killer and the -4 would make mincemeat of the later 190's.   There were U.S. PAC planes in the ETO, f4f's and Hellcats and they easily matched the german planes doing quite well.

The D9 in AH is more than a match for the Mustang IMO but I think perking the Mustang to about 100 perk points would be a good idea.  They have nothing but speeed but... I just don't like seeing their cowardly butt's.
lazs

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
Matter of fact the Germans captured a RNAF pilot and his ditched F4U in 1944 up in Norway during the attacks on the Tirpitz.

""Corsair JT404 of 1841 squadron. Involved in anti-submarine patrol from HMS Formidable enroute to Scapa after Operation Mascot against the German Battleship Tirpitz, in company with Barracuda of Wing Leader Lt Cdr RS Baker-Falkner. Emergency landing in a field at Sorvag, Hameroy, near Bodo, Norway. The pilot Lt Mattholie taken POW and the aircraft captured. The German authorities made attempts to get the pilot to explain how to fold the wings so as to transport the aircraft to Narvik. Aircraft was ferried by boat for further investigation. It is not known if the Corsair was taken to Germany. This was probably the first Corsair captured by the Germans."

The F6F and 109's mixed it up in the skies of Norway. 109's lost.  F4F's also fought Axis planes in the Med.

Just being historically correct   ;)

-Westy

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
minus i see what youre saying mate  :)

and i agree there is no reason to keep paying while you are not playing.The only thing you lose is the name but seeing as how ive used a different name for every game ive tried its no biggie.
What ive come to realise lately being away from AH is that ive begun to enjoy some of those old GAMES like half-life and some new SIMULATION type games like GPL and F1GP3.
I have realised the attraction of AH is its complex modelling.the fact its not a pick up and play game was the reason i stuck at it.Im picking up the other games easily and they dont hold my attention as long as AH could, but they are fun.So ive decided when AH adds a new feature of any description, be it an unusual LW plane or some type of gameplay change im going to signup for AH but until then i think it would not help me get the AH buzz back  :)
minus take a break play some new stuff.HTC will probably be noting the exit of some longtime customers but it may not be such a problem for them.they no doubt have to try to maintain a level of customers rather than worry about individuals tastes.But im sure if they feel the numbers leaving is a problem they will try to entice them back. :D

i hope so but my guess is 5-6 customers leaving isnt a major concern and they probably put it down to natural burnout.
I appreciate HTC's position , its a business and its got to work for the 'masses'.Not their fault thats just the way it is.
What they have given us is STILL the best online game ive seen.Ive just played it too much  :D

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
westy... have u read the test done on a captured 190A5 against a Hellcat and Corsair?  The 190 lost.   Best thing a 190 could do was try to use it's slight climb advantage at some alts to try to escape.   Basicaly, the Navy planes could follow anything the 190 did but the 190 couldn't follow anything the Navy planes did.  If I was in a 190A and seen a Corsair I would do the prudent thing and bail.
lazs