Author Topic: WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....  (Read 3786 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2ol...I couldnt wait any longer....
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
westy... have u read the test done on a captured 190A5 against a Hellcat and Corsair?  The 190 lost.   Best thing a 190 could do was try to use it's slight climb advantage at some alts to try to escape.   Basicaly, the Navy planes could follow anything the 190 did but the 190 couldn't follow anything the Navy planes did.  If I was in a 190A and seen a Corsair I would do the prudent thing and bail.
lazs

Now that's just rediculous... I shoot down several F4Us, either model, in the 190A5 way more than they shoot me down... in low level scissor fights.
Tour17:
AKSWulfe has 6 kills and has been killed 0 times in the fw190A-5 against the F4U-1D.
-SW

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
Well, I understand Minus quite well. I also like very much historical match-ups and im not any Luft-46/what-if fan.

Historical arena would be great. I would get my account in no time  :) AH is great game but latewar gangbang MA is not for me.

FW 190A was a great plane, IMHO.

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: illo ]

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »
hazed : Good take on that !!!
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »
Hazed!

come back!  we miss ya in the MA bud  :D

Hajo
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2001, 10:25:00 PM »
Minus, your gona whine like a stuck pig in wwiionline. At this point in time, its not a flight sim. Nothing is accurate in plane modelings, FM is very outdated. I think it is exactly like AW-DOS 13 years ago. However it is a very nice Tank Sim and 1st person shooter.

Personally i hate the Plasma Bolts that come out of the guns of the fighters. Flight is in easymode or seems to me to be. Ive found no challenge in flying in wwiionline.

I drop in to grab a Tank and thats it. If they fix the Easymode FM and plamsa guns, i might try flying again, but im far happier here in AH...

Dog out.........

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »
well ive been playing, game needs 512MB no doubt for the best performance.

I flew a ju87 to 'phillipe' which in itself was tricky, map needs work. But i got there and there was a tank trundleing along the road, so i dived in and bombed him,(killing my rear gunner) i was too low but he went up like a roman candle  :)
then a spit turned up and i managed to chase him around and shoot him down!.FM wasnt right but it wasnt 'that' bad either.Ju887 can turn but it loses all its speed but regains it fairly quickly.I couldnt say it was wrong cause i havent flown a RL ju87 but it seemed a little too easy.

the rest of the game is great, if a little unfinished.but hey, it had to start somewhere, and that in itself was an acheivement.

seeyou in there

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
SW... glad i gave u a chance to brag but that wasn't my intention.   How you or I do in the A5/Hog in a game has nothing to do with how the planes did in real life.  My comment was on how Corsairs were superior to A5's IN WWII.

I also believe that the relationship exists in AH but the Hog does need a little work.  As F4UDOA proved, it doesn't quite hit it's stats but... Even so, I believe equal pilots in AH would do better in the Hog than the A5.

I am mediocre but I have no trouble killing A5's with the Hog.  fortunately, I don't ever run into virtual pilots of your awesome and self proclaimed skill.   the ones I run into appear to be as mediocre as myself and so the results more match what should happen.
lazs

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
Lazs, I was trying to prove a point. I guess it was hard to understand.

Basing how planes should fly versus each other based on past examples (in actual WW2) holds about as much water as saying "I am the best in Aces High, therefore I believe I could shoot down any WWII pilot if I flew in WWII."

Going on past examples, you'd think the P51D was the most awesome dogfighter... but it went up against bomber destroyers and lesser abilitied pilots. (nearing the end of the war, mostly inexperienced/newbie pilots and planes built to just destroy bombers not dogfight)

Fact of the matter is, despite what historical documents and pilot's diaries might indicate... the machine is only 30% of the equation, the man is the other 70%...

That was my point.
-SW

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
SW... I beg to differ.  i believe that the only difference is that we have more hours in our virtual machines.  A mediocre pilot is still a mediocre pilot comparitively speaking.  

It is the plane.   to a large extent.  But... if you use the plane in a way (the MA) that it was not normally used... The P51 is an example, then you will get skewed results.

Just like in WWII there are stars in AH.... guys like drex but... you and I are not in that league.   You and I can pick our fights and do well against slightly superior or slightly inferior planes interchangably so long as the pilots are as mediocre or worse than us.  Point is... you are allways better off in a hog than a 190A in AH just as you would have been in WWII.   What you/we do after that is unimportant and not germain.
lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
S> those i know ,will try AH again in a month or so i think

Try?

Would it not have been easier to entitle your post "I tried WWIIOL, Im coming back to AH." Simple.

Or if your staying with the original post title, just say, "Im a retard, WWIIOL sucks bellybutton and I want to fly AH cause it's a blast? WTG HTC for a damn fine product."

You guys will leave AH in a FLAMING wreck of negative emotions and critical rhetoric, but sneak back in as if HTC should be grateful you "try" what you love to play.

Blah.

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
creamo ...let me phrase this right, i dont want to appear too rude...

diddly off you gay boy reno rent boy   :D

oops sorry, seems my rudeness limiter is broken.

1. NEVER claimed WW2ol was better than or equal to AH
2. i left AH for reasons i stated, not to play ww2ol.It was not released in UK and i only just decided to order it a week ago.
3. i dont intend to return until new features are added, the 'month or so' was a guess at when 1.08 may arrive.

Would it not have been easier to entitle your post "I tried WWIIOL, Im coming back to AH." Simple.

er no creampuff, dont get your easy anal access knickers in a twist.WW2ol is a different game and by all accounts a great one that is in an early beta like state.
AH was not always the perfect game either, and offered nothing much more when it went to subscription in terms of actual 'game' and models(number of units).It had a much better infrastructure, servers, stability and less demands on the system but i happen to have a system that can run it(WW2ol) and run it well so why should i be bothered?
AH has had my money for almost 2 years.Thats $720? mmm WW2ol has cost me $40 so far and at the moment is free to use.where is the so called rip off? In 2 years time after i have subscribed for $240 MAX will the game be improved you think? refined the way AH has been? more units like AH? i think it will.
BUT seeing as how you never subscribe creamo this isnt something you think about is it?
if WW2ol offered free H2H i think you'd use it and love it.

simple? i think we all know whos simple round here creampuff.Hes wearing 'boy toy' t-shirts has a sore bellybutton and goes by the name of creamo.   :)

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: hazed- ]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
diddly off you gay boy reno rent boy

Blahahahahahahah!!!!!  That is definately an "Animal" quote!

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
then animal may have been right  :D

for ONCE  ;) (joke Animal  :D)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2001, 10:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:

Just like in WWII there are stars in AH.... guys like drex but... you and I are not in that league.  

Lazs, we have never or maybe once or twice fought.. so you really don't know how well I can fly. A tour or two ago I got into a knife fight with Drex in his F6F vs me in 190A5. He got me when I decided to dive away, but I held him off for atleast 10 minutes.

I may not be as good as Drex, but I'm atleast on his level.
-SW

Offline Li`l Snorkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2001, 06:42:00 AM »
Seawulfe, you're hijacking this post.

Go start a different one called "Apart from Drex I am the best damn pilot here!"

You have my vote, i'm in utter awe  LOL... oooh can I touch you?  :p

Snorkey