Author Topic: disrespectful  (Read 15375 times)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
disrespectful
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2005, 08:22:27 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute

Yet again with the Thank You's.  and AGAIN with a nice, simple request.  You'd think they were being civil or sumptin'.

(holds up mirror for BK's)
come on guys.....  would be diff. if they HAD been rude, but this was, and is a simple open / shut prospect.
(sigh)

I'm with Lute on this one.

I believe I am now supposed to end this post with QUAH!!!!....or something like that. (Whatever that is supposed to mean.)

Regards

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
disrespectful
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2005, 08:40:26 AM »
Originally posted by navajoboy
    Requests have been made for copyright and trademark rights for the images and also text related to the UKNIGHTED group.

Tell that to the Star wars kid, or to Goatse, or to the fat chinese kid, or the dorky guy with blue glasses, or to countless other folks who sincerely wish they had never posted a picture of themselves on the intardnet. And when you are finished telling them that they can sue over it see if you can buy a sense of humor, it will make your life more enjoyable....yeeesh!

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
disrespectful
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2005, 08:59:19 AM »
this quah stuff is stupid. plz dont tell me you use that in real life.  
teh is stupid.
pwn is stupid.

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d  :rolleyes:

:noid
quah!!!1!
IN

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
disrespectful
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
dO'N MeSs WIt pIMP DadLyHO!

PPPWWNNNEEEDDDD..... QQUUAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Once again,
im requesting in a nice manner, not to use our squad images for your own entertainment. I now realize this is a difficult task to ask respect to be paid for our property. I myself cannot speak for other peoples images that are posted on the internet but i can speak for what is on my property. If you have difficulties understanding this request, then god help us that their isnt more people like you.

thanks again
navajo24
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2005, 09:09:20 AM »
Quah- The noise produced as a fat woman sits down.

oh..and

Phwap- The noise produced when she stands up.

~AoM~

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo

Grmrpr after a rousing troll on 200.
[/QUOTE

That's the guy who's logged over 9 days (yes...nine days) in the game this month?  ok... :lol :rofl

Kills 1355 4 528 84 1971
Assists 231 0 81 37 349
Sorties 572 38 203 93 906
Landed 164 12 57 31 264
Bailed 25 4 6 0 35
Ditched 24 0 7 8 39
Captured 50 0 11 4 65
Death 306 18 122 50 496
Disco 3 4 0 0 7
Time hh:mm:ss 146:06:37 03:36:43 56:55:43 08:46:24 215:25:27
Rank 12 1312 171 597 248

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
disrespectful
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2005, 10:45:51 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
:cry

Jeez, lighten up, Francis.

Dont make me smack u hub ..... 38

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2005, 10:47:16 AM »
Lute, it's not a victimization thing.  If you essentially demand someone to do something and then threaten legalities if they don't, you have to expect that those who are the targets of the threats will react negatively whether or not they are right or wrong.  In other words, this could have been handled in a far more diplomatic manner outside of the public eye.  The fact that things have dragged out as they have speaks to the consequences of a public-first strategy.

BTW, I wonder what xMarine makes of all of this?  I'd bet dollars to donuts he doesn't mind the harmless publicity.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »
Golfer, that's an old photo of GrmRpr.  He has some pubes and facial hair now.  Just last week I heard his voice cracking a bit.  My boy is becoming a man!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
disrespectful
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2005, 10:54:41 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
In other words, this could have been handled in a far more diplomatic manner outside of the public eye.  The fact that things have dragged out as they have speaks to the consequences of a public-first strategy.
-- Todd/Leviathn [/B]

Yes and i hope this is in reference of the public disgraceful display of an image. Im going to agree with you that it became a public issue when the avatars were created.

Thanks WMLute for your support.
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
disrespectful
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 10:56:21 AM »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 10:58:24 AM by YUCCA »

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Disrespect? IN AH??? Say it aint so!!!
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »
INconceivable :rofl

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
disrespectful
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2005, 11:09:58 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
In all seriousness, it was really just a joke like furball said. I nearly pissed myself when is saw that pic. If he did that to my pic i'd have the same reaction. We are always picking on eachother, poking fun at how much levi sucks, or how funny hub looks in a pink mini skirt. Its in our nature to rag on eachother. So we rag on you? That means we like ya!;)

So i guess that means you LLOOOOVEEE xMarine :lol

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2005, 11:13:30 AM »
Originally posted by navajoboy
Yes and i hope this is in reference of the public disgraceful display of an image. Im going to agree with you that it became a public issue when the avatars were created.

What I find interesting is that the actual people who are pictured in the avatards have not said a word. Hub just talked to xMarine about it last night in the MA  and he thought it was funny. HE GOT THE JOKE[/i]. The other two have not commented nor asked for their pictures to be taken down.

So, how disrespectful is it if the one pictured thinks its as funny as those who made the avatards?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
disrespectful
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2005, 11:15:40 AM »
I'm not sure you're understanding me, navajoboy.  Let me summarize for you as succinctly as I can.

(1)  The images were meant in good humor.  While you're horribly offended by them (and you just admitted that you found them "disgraceful," so don't even pretend that it's just a use issue; you've now placed a value label on them), I'm willing to bet that the target of the images doesn't really care.  

(2)  The public use of the images does not preclude you from seeking a diplomatic solution, nor does it justify a public one.  You could have simply PMed the people using the avatars or images, or you could have PMed me so I could pass the message along to them.  Instead you chose to go public and create a spectacle where none was required.  In so doing you have done nothing more than draw more public attention to the "humilating" images you sought to avoid.

(3)  A public strategy here engendered a negative response from those who felt it was unjustified whether they were right or wrong.  That is not to say that a retaliatory response is correct, but it is not unexpected at the same time.

(4)  You don't know as much about copyright law as you pretend.  Almost certainly the manipulation of these images constitutes fair use by parody.

-- Todd/Leviathn